1 ... 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 ... 1347
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/26/20 7:11 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
NickD said:

Customer brings in a truck with the complaint "Fuel pump rusted out and leaking, needs replacement." The motherberkeleying shiny happy person still topped the 34 gallon fuel tank off to the brim before dropping it off. Eat E36 M3 and die, motherberkeleyer.

"Gosh, sir, we lost some of your fuel because you filled it to the brim.  Sorry." as you pour a few gallons of his gas into your own car...

It's probably 86 octane from Bob's Discount Gas And Cigarette Shop, or even worse, GetGo.  Better to use a squirt bottle and "pee" words into the parking lot out back and light it for lulz.  Or fill the Cheetah full of air, fill the nozzle with the finger-quote gasoline, and aim it over an open flame.  For science.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
11/26/20 7:16 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

What's wrong with GetGo gas?

Only fuel I've ever had issues with from was Sunoco with GM and Sheetz with VW. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
11/26/20 8:31 a.m.
Appleseed said:
NickD said:

Customer brings in a truck with the complaint "Fuel pump rusted out and leaking, needs replacement." The motherberkeleying shiny happy person still topped the 34 gallon fuel tank off to the brim before dropping it off. Eat E36 M3 and die, motherberkeleyer.

Looks like that guys going to get a repaired truck that has only enough gas to get to a gas station, and nothing more.

What happen to all my gas? That was a full tank!!!

We spilled most of that gas removing the fuel tank. In the future, please don't fill  it up before bringing it in for gas tank work.

Unfortunately, despite my blistering words, my rage is typically all bark, no bite. I lack the vindictiveness to do anything like that, even though I should.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
11/26/20 8:38 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
NickD said:

"Gosh, sir, we lost some of your fuel because you filled it to the brim.  Sorry." as you pour a few gallons of his gas into your own car...

I filled the Yaris' fuel tank two weeks ago, so I would only be able to fit a gallon in

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/26/20 10:40 a.m.

An item I bought on eBay from the UK is scheduled to arrive 3 weeks earlier than expected.

I bought it knowing I would be home by then but now it will be delivered while I am out of state, which is suboptimal.

eBay's shipping estimator sucks sad

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/26/20 1:05 p.m.

I made two mistakes ordering a rim and tyre combo from Tractor Supply.  

1: I was cheap and chose the "ship to store" for free shipping.  It took  2 1/2 weeks to ship it UPS to their store.

2: I didn't check it in the store.  It was late, I wanted to get home.  I unboxed it today and the size was right, but they shipped me a 5 bolt rim instead of a 4 on 4.  

So tomorrow I take it back to the store for a full refund and I will buy it locally for more money.  Last time I buy anything at Tractor Supply, they always seem to mess up or take a hugely unacceptable amount of time to ship.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/26/20 3:11 p.m.

There has been about two cars all week that have had straightforward problems.  Everything else, parasitic draws, communication issues, weird fuel trims that aren't the normal stuff, seized adjuster bolts...

Can't we just do a normal brake job or something?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/26/20 3:21 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Guess who has two thumbs and gets to go in to work on his day off (and the weekend too probably) to reseal the bedplate on a Northstar, under warranty?

The kicker:  The original job was done by someone no longer with the company, before I started.  I sure as hell would never have tried to sell the job, they always leak.   You can work on them all you like but you can never fix 'em.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/26/20 3:34 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I feel better about my week now.  We've actually fixed some of the scrap we're working on.  You have no hope of turning a Northstar into something dry.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/26/20 3:40 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

It was mostly drooling from the bellhousing, so I crossed my fingers and replaced the rear main seal, since it was a fairly quick drool. Nope, not it.  Small consolation was that I got the job done in one day after we'd allocated two days for the job, so I had the next day off to reassemble the transmission I was rebuilding.

So, I already did a rear main for free.  At least you can do the rear main with the engine in the chassis....

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/26/20 3:49 p.m.

Rant.  I keep forgetting how to hotlink to a specific post in a thread.

For reference, you take the URL for the page that the post is on, and then add #post(postnumber) to it, no slash after.

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/26/20 3:56 p.m.

After all the work from my lovely gourmet chef wife, the berkeleying oven won't light because the "glowbar" is berkeleyed.

So we're having Stouffer's lasagna for dinner.

At least it's just the two of us, and not a house full of people waiting on dinner!

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
11/26/20 4:14 p.m.
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) said:

After all the work from my lovely gourmet chef wife, the berkeleying oven won't light because the "glowbar" is berkeleyed.

So we're having Stouffer's lasagna for dinner.

At least it's just the two of us, and not a house full of people waiting on dinner!

I mean, those Stauffer's lasagna are a hell of a consolation prize

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/26/20 4:41 p.m.

My mom just sent me an email saying my niece is supposed to call me. No other specifics. All I know is that she got engaged earlier in the week. Not sure why I need to be part of that conversation at all. I'm sure somebody thinks this is all my fault because I've been helping to pay for her school. Or something. This is why I don't go home. 

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/26/20 5:43 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

My mom just sent me an email saying my niece is supposed to call me. No other specifics. All I know is that she got engaged earlier in the week. Not sure why I need to be part of that conversation at all. I'm sure somebody thinks this is all my fault because I've been helping to pay for her school. Or something. This is why I don't go home. 

they probably want you to pay for the wedding too.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/26/20 5:47 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine (Forum Supporter) :

That's my guess too.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
11/27/20 9:29 a.m.

Shopping for a new Windows-based PC has made me realize how out of touch I am on PCs now. I built my own gaming computer for 20 years, but switched to all Macs about 15 years ago. Time to transistion back to PCs again. I want a work/gaming rig that just...works. But holy crap am I out of the loop. I don't have time in my life to research a DIY rig right now, but even the pre-built options seem to be all over the map.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
11/27/20 10:52 a.m.

Instead of going to the junkyard Black Friday sale to fill a wheel barrel full of LS and Colorado parts for $40, I'm working instead. Yay!

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/27/20 10:54 a.m.

Stood up right into the roof trusses twice getting Christmas out of the attic. Then got the point of a nail to the scalp on the way out. 

Head wounds bleed way more than i remember. But i don't need stitches!

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/27/20 1:18 p.m.

I had a 50% chance that the idler pulley I just replaced on my F250 was the really squeaky one. Well, it certainly was noisy.

Hey ho, back to RockAuto I go...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/27/20 2:37 p.m.

Wasted most of the day trying to figure out how Lagrange points 4 and 5 work.

newrider3
newrider3 Reader
11/27/20 4:10 p.m.

I really thought the talk of high lumber prices meant something like 25% higher...maybe 50% higher??

Nope, a lumber quote for a 28x40 garage is nearly what I paid for the lumber for my entire house earlier this year. 

I checked back at my Home Depot receipts for the shed I built last August, and a 2x4 92-and-5/8 stud is 90% more expensive right now. $2.62 ea up to $4.98. 4x8 7/16 OSB is up 113% from $9.95 to $21.15. Ass E36 M3s.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
11/27/20 4:25 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

And don't you find it strange that your dear mom is having to coax your niece to do the obvious.....my niece and nephew are oblivious to thanking the wife and I for various gifts over the past few years unless their mother my sister prompts them...so no more stuff from Uncle Brian and Aunt Gail

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/27/20 6:19 p.m.
newrider3 said:

I really thought the talk of high lumber prices meant something like 25% higher...maybe 50% higher??

Nope, a lumber quote for a 28x40 garage is nearly what I paid for the lumber for my entire house earlier this year. 

I checked back at my Home Depot receipts for the shed I built last August, and a 2x4 92-and-5/8 stud is 90% more expensive right now. $2.62 ea up to $4.98. 4x8 7/16 OSB is up 113% from $9.95 to $21.15. Ass E36 M3s.

Roughly double is actually a good price right now

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/27/20 9:54 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Wasted most of the day trying to figure out how Lagrange points 4 and 5 work.

The only point ZZ Top makes clear is they gotta lotta nice girls. 

1 ... 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 ... 1347
Our Preferred Partners
hPwp1F2Tz3OpOBrm10qabfPLFcCRADHPzHK0EnO3Jl0tzlj9zolJ4brITdYXmKSr