1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 ... 1928
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/27/20 11:25 p.m.
Appleseed said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Wasted most of the day trying to figure out how how how how Lagrange points 4 and 5 work.

The only point ZZ Top makes clear is they gotta lotta nice girls. 

Fixed a typo.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/27/20 11:28 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

An item I bought on eBay from the UK is scheduled to arrive 3 weeks earlier than expected.

I bought it knowing I would be home by then but now it will be delivered while I am out of state, which is suboptimal.

eBay's shipping estimator sucks sad

I'm somewhat down the street from you.  Want me to swing by and pick it up so it isn't out on the porch?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/28/20 9:01 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Wasted most of the day trying to figure out how Lagrange points 4 and 5 work.

Hoping to launch a Northstar into orbit?

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/20 1:35 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

Little Brother is less sedated this morning and communicating more.

Whew.

That's good news! Keep us informed

Its been an interesting few days, but he gave a thumbs up this morning and thank goodness for his ASL when he was younger (he has a cochlear implant and a hearing aid in the other ear due to issues from Meningitus when he was a baby).  It allowed him to communicate with the staff while he was intubated.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
11/28/20 3:27 p.m.

Okay Google.

Knock it off.

I know you listen to my conversations and tailor ads to me. That's creepy.

But. My phone conversations?

Not even the NSA pays that close attention.

I mentioned briefly about scramblers and Steve McQueen late last night on the phone and today on YouTube there's a full length ' On Any Sunday ' queued up.

The irony is that I downloaded the Brave browser and am migrating all web activity there but not YouTube yet as Google follows you even there.

So still on Chrome for YouTube.

What  the NSA makes of my Glenn Greenwald emails, Project Veritas and Louder with Crowder videos I can only guess.

p.s. My apologies to GRM and their sponsors who I no longer see.

But there is some sort of rewards system in place on Brave but GRM needs to sign up for it or something.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/28/20 4:21 p.m.
NickD said:
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) said:

After all the work from my lovely gourmet chef wife, the berkeleying oven won't light because the "glowbar" is berkeleyed.

So we're having Stouffer's lasagna for dinner.

At least it's just the two of us, and not a house full of people waiting on dinner!

I mean, those Stauffer's lasagna are a hell of a consolation prize

Wish I had seen this earlier. Ocala is only an hour from me. I could have fed you. 

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/20 8:18 p.m.

So monday I have to go over to my Father's and then to City Hall for the town he lives in.  He is in danger of a tax sale on his house because he has not paid the sewer bill in months.  According to my sister, who lives with him and takes care of him, any and all bills he gets his hands on go right into the shredder.  She just happened to catch this one because he was asleep when the mail came.

Really, they are going to have a tax sale because he could be not bothered to pay $400 in E36 M3 over the course of several months.  I will be finding out if I can get his bills sent to me so I can make sure they get paid.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
11/28/20 8:35 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine (Forum Supporter) :

Libertarian groups point this kind of stuff out from time to time.

Makes you want to beat up every bureaucrat alive.

Some of it is bold theft.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/29/20 1:02 p.m.

I went back a bunch of rant pages, back to when the job started to slip. I got riled up all over again reading my posts and reliving the incidents. Why the hell did I do that?

Pete. (l33t FS)
11/29/20 1:48 p.m.
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to mad_machine (Forum Supporter) :

Libertarian groups point this kind of stuff out from time to time.

Makes you want to beat up every bureaucrat alive.

Some of it is bold theft.

Meanwhile, it's self-induced.

Hell, I could get my car reposessed if I didn't pay an annual $58 tax on it.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
11/29/20 2:04 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Repo'd?

If it's by the govt/bureaucracy then it's 'taken.'  Kinda like the 'buyback' misnomer.

Asset forfeiture seems to have cooled off politically but it's still horse E36 M3.

wae
wae UberDork
11/29/20 2:34 p.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

To some degree I understand the logic.  The taxing body needs to have some instrument to enforce things like property taxes and such.  But the fact that they can seize the house for an unpaid utility bill seems a bit harsh.  I'm fairly certain the the phone company can't force a sale of the house if you don't pay them, but just because the water company is an arm of the government they get a special privilege for collections.

In most jurisdictions, they can force a sale, take what they're owed, take a few to pay for the transaction, and then they cut you a check for the remainder.  Some places (Michigan, maybe?) allow the municipality to keep whatever's left after the unpaid bill and the sale costs.  That is what really blows my mind.

Unrelated rant: I was holding the wrong part of the ladder when I pulled the release to collapse it.  The part that I thought wasn't going to move crashed in to my left foot.  Right as a kid on a bike went past my house so instead of getting to truly express myself I had to say something along the lines of "golly that really hurt".  Between that and the hernia I'm really shuffling around like an old man now.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
11/29/20 2:43 p.m.

Minor rant re: the forum/ads:

I actually saw an ad I wanted to click on as I was loading another page. Didn't get to click it in time. Pushed "back" and it's a different ad. Kept going forward and back to try and get it to appear again. It never did.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/30/20 9:14 a.m.

Getting back into the swing of thing at work after 4 days off is not a lot of fun. 

Speaking of which... I had four full days off from work- all of which were rather unseasonably nice and warm... and I got a total of like 5 hours out in the garage in total over them, the majority of which were yesterday afternoon. The good thing is that the BMW is now back together other than refilling fluids and throwing the wheels back on it. The bad? It's now in the 30's and snowing out- meaning it's definitely not the weather to be driving around in a RWD convertible. Complication: I shouldn't really be driving around in the QX4 either until I weld/bond in the replacement fender pieces so salt water doesn't get up into places where it can do even worse damage. Ironically with things the way they have been going Covid-numbers wise locally there aren't going to be many occasions when I can't just drive The Dancer's truck (though honestly I'd FAR rather be driving the Infiniti... for some reason despite the truck being newer and having newer tires than the Infiniti it absolutely berking sucks on any kind of slick road while the QX4- also RWD when not in AWD mode- is pretty much rock solid on slick roads).

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/30/20 12:46 p.m.

If I had a time machine I would go back to 1970 or whenever it was and shoot the person responsible for writing "Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog". 

Pete. (l33t FS)
11/30/20 12:48 p.m.
Duke said:

If I had a time machine I would go back to 1970 or whenever it was and shoot the person responsible for writing "Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog". 

Wasn't that the song Mulder used to annoy someone into responding to him in an episode of The X-Files?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/30/20 1:53 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Never was a big X-Files fan but I could definitely see that happening. 

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
11/30/20 2:36 p.m.

MRI results came in, family doctor said go see a surgeon. Looks like I'm going to add neck surgery too the growing list of spinal operations. All before I turn 35

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/20 2:59 p.m.
Duke said:

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/30/20 3:48 p.m.
Duke said:

No way man! Hoyt Axton was awesome. He was in Gremlins, and also was a great songwriter. My favorite Hoyt Axton song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bjdP1fgQM

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
11/30/20 4:02 p.m.

In reply to TheRX7Project :

Which ad was it? I might be able to get you a link.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/30/20 4:52 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

An item I bought on eBay from the UK is scheduled to arrive 3 weeks earlier than expected.

I bought it knowing I would be home by then but now it will be delivered while I am out of state, which is suboptimal.

eBay's shipping estimator sucks sad

I'm somewhat down the street from you.  Want me to swing by and pick it up so it isn't out on the porch?

I appreciate the offer but USPS redelivered it the day I got home (Saturday).

Now for the rant. I received the delivery failure notification on the 27th and I rescheduled the delivery for the 30th (today). I don't know why someone needed to be here; it was a Royal Mail parcel that didn't require a signature or anything but whatever. I got the reschedule confirmation email on the 27th.

I got home on the 28th at about 6pm and there was my package. USPS had delivered it and marked it as "Delivered, left with individual" which is interesting because no one had been home for 8 days.

I guess no one needed to be here to receive the parcel after all. Thanks USPS frown

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/30/20 6:25 p.m.

It's always a Nissan Altima, isn't it?

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/30/20 7:35 p.m.

I'm an idiot  I'm starting to run the wires from the wall to the receiver. This is the box with the center and front channels. 

I left the wires long to have enough to plug into the back of the outlet. Guess who cut two of them too short...

Now I need to figure out how to get a couple more inches or add extensions to them.  berkeley berkeley berkeleyity berkeley.

Pete. (l33t FS)
11/30/20 7:41 p.m.
PMRacing said:
Now I need to figure out how to get a couple more inches or add extensions to them.

1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 ... 1928

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uOAsshfSpHd1sPKXVoAXFqzDu9yWM8acB6HSuT8299uMbKHQZbLqqANNkvXuflna