1 ... 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 ... 1926
Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/30/20 9:32 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
Duke said:

If I had a time machine I would go back to 1970 or whenever it was and shoot the person responsible for writing "Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog". 

No way man! Hoyt Axton was awesome. He was in Gremlins, and also was a great songwriter. My favorite Hoyt Axton song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bjdP1fgQM

OMG. Hoyt Axton wrote that?  What the hell?

[edit]  Well, maybe I can just convince him to invest in Disney and Apple stocks, instead of publishing that Bob-foresaken piece of crap song.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/30/20 9:36 p.m.
Appleseed said:

It's always a Nissan Altima, isn't it?

The worst driver on any given road is the one in the previous generation Altima. That has been true for as long as there has been more than one generation of Altima. 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/1/20 1:20 a.m.

Fourth revision of the rant to avoid flounder.

I'm 60 days into an IL state regulatory process that's supposed to take 30 days. From what I can tell, it's taking an average of 6 months.

Oh well.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/1/20 2:53 a.m.

In reply to Mike (Forum Supporter) :

We warned you. 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
12/1/20 2:55 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Mike (Forum Supporter) :

We warned you. 

You're not wrong. That's a fair point.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
12/1/20 2:59 a.m.

Caterham Academy should exist here. £30k and you get a road going car and a season of racing, plus the option to keep going for several seasons, with experience-appropriate upgrades to the car. 

https://www.caterhamcars.com/en/motorsport/academy

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/1/20 6:44 a.m.

Oh good. I get to be a kindergarten teacher. Again. 

Good thing I'm not trying to run a berkeleying business, get a house ready to sell, and keep another house from falling apart on top of maid and chef duties.

Who needs sleep or food anyway.

I'm getting real berkeleying sick of all these extinction event promises being broken. 

Duke said:
Appleseed said:

The worst driver on any given road is the one in the previous generation Altima. That has been true for as long as there has been more than one generation of Altima. 

Around here, it's always BMWs and Jeeps followed closely by the BroDozers.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
12/1/20 8:23 a.m.
Jerry said:

Day 3 of an unexpected vacation.  Boss has been "living his best life" playing tennis and whatnot, even after a tennis buddy came down with the 'Rona.  Monday morning around 10am bossette texts a coworker that he might have it, has symptoms, we need to all go home.

Tuesday morning at 730am I text her to ask if we're coming in or not, she says no, maybe Wednesday.  He's waiting on test results.  Later she says come in Wednesday but stay away from the other 2 guys.  An hour later says nvrmnd, stay home and oh since you were around him 48hrs from his showing symptoms SATURDAY NIGHT you should stay home.  Hopefully he's negative or at least you don't get it.....  berkeleying shiny happy people.

Boss was positive.  Guess who got his test result last night?  Guess who has more unexpected vacation...  (I still feel fine, no symptoms 11 days later.)

In reply to Jerry :

My wife spoke to a nurse yesterday that said that most of the positive tests aren't showing symptoms. Which makes me question the validity of the tests being used and the testing procedure. 

Here's to hoping you never have symptoms. 

Rodan
Rodan Dork
12/1/20 9:41 a.m.
Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) said:
Duke said:
Appleseed said:

Around here, it's always BMWs and Jeeps followed closely by the BroDozers.

Don't forget Priuses... Priiiii?  Whatever.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
12/1/20 10:01 a.m.

Customer brings in a 2014 Traverse with the complaint of an intermittent Check Engine Light, it stalls randomly, sometimes starts hard. It's an ignition voltage code set, there is a bulletin about replacing the underhood fuse block and Terminal 51 in the X3 Connector at the underhood fuse block for that code and those symptoms. We don't have the fuse block or the terminated lead but can have them tomorrow. The service writer tells me to pull the car up in the service driver, because the customer is going to take it and then bring it back Thursday. "But it stalls randomly, like just stalled on me in the shop 2 minutes ago, and doesn't always want to restart, and it runs on 3 cylinders sometimes." "Oh, she knows. But she doesn't want to leave it". "Ooookay." I pull the car up in the service drive, customer goes out to it and, ta-da, it won't start. So now the customer is leaving it.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
12/1/20 11:14 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

That's kind of a minor win...

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
12/1/20 5:58 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

My least favorite word is intermittent.  My first MR2 had so many "intermittent" fun times.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/1/20 6:04 p.m.

Appleseed, how often to you have sex?

Intermittent.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
12/1/20 6:07 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

You got married. That's the average result. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/1/20 6:14 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Intermittent.

Lucky

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
12/1/20 6:38 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun)
12/1/20 9:05 p.m.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/1/20 9:11 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Intermittent.

Did you try the wiggle test?

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/1/20 9:52 p.m.

What species left those, barefoot?

barefootskater (Shaun)
12/1/20 10:13 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

That guilty bitch right there. 

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
12/2/20 8:04 a.m.

I would rather be disappointed now, rather than be mad later.

Don't sell me something you can not provide on the hopes you will be able to deliver when I need it. Be up front, if you are not sure you can do it, tell me so I can search for alternatives. Internet providers, I am talking to you if you happen to be reading this.

PS: how to get action on those "how did we do" surveys that come out after the fact ?
         Leave no info other than "call ### ### ####"

Apparently that's the trigger to get a response.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
12/2/20 2:08 p.m.

It's only December 2nd and I've already accidently spoiled two of my presents. Wife had one shipped to the house but didn't warn me to not open Amazon packages. Other was sent to bro-in-law's address but nobody warned him, so he texted the whole family asking what is was for. #firstworldproblems territory for sure.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/2/20 2:16 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

I never really have to worry about spoiling my presents- The Dancer has absolutely zero patience for presents/surprises and pretty much can't wait to give me things once they arrive. This year was even easier- she hadn't really been able to think of anything I hadn't already gotten and so when I expressed an interest in getting a Switch said to just go ahead and order one as my present from her and The Dog.

Actual rant ties in to that- ordered said Switch two days ago, choosing to get a style/color scheme that wouldn't have been my first choice but was the only one of the discounted ones that was (supposedly) in-stock and would ship out soon. Ordered two used game along with it since hey, already ordering from GameStop, may as well. Got excited when I saw the shipping notice and that it would arrive this Friday- but then got another today and looked closer and realized that only the two games had shipped and the console itself hadn't. I'm going to be quite annoyed if it doesn't arrive before we're (very tentatively) supposed to go up to WI for Christmas.

1 ... 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mvHyybwW78DB2Jr8g2mfrCdCupbyMLyZ9OEbVP66bQT5GNhDSQQVfWw2SdHXlAjd