1 ... 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 ... 1926
M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
1/18/21 6:39 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker said:

I don't log in here for like... 5 years, and am pleasantly surprised to find my password still works... and how many long running threads are still on the 1st page of Latest Topics... So familiar. Like I never even left for half a decade.

But then... who renamed Sprockets!!?  

Has it been that long?  I've missed your posts. Got to have you back.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/18/21 6:58 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
RossD said:

Grape Nuts cereal is not available for a few weeks now at our local grocery store. 

Anyone else notice?

There's been a few weird shortages here. Once there was no Budweiser in afew stores. I don't drink bud but when have you ever seen them be totally gone?

Bacon bits is another thing that disappears

No ichiban noodles here for a couple of months.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/21 7:04 p.m.
RossD said:

Grape Nuts cereal is not available for a few weeks now at our local grocery store. 

Anyone else notice?

The used car market exploded, so there are no more unsellable cars for them to grind up to make the cereal.

I don't log in here for like... 5 years, and am pleasantly surprised to find my password still works... and how many long running threads are still on the 1st page of Latest Topics... So familiar. Like I never even left for half a decade.

What's up wild man? How's the bike treating you?

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
1/18/21 7:35 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
RossD said:

Anyone else notice?

There's been a few weird shortages here. Once there was no Budweiser in afew stores. I don't drink bud but when have you ever seen them be totally gone?

Bacon bits is another thing that disappears

No ichiban noodles here for a couple of months.

There's actually an aerosol can shortage right now. It's crazy but we are almost out of store brand brakecleen nationwide 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/21 7:40 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

So THAT'S why we're using name brand brake cleaner at work instead of Autozone $24/case stuff.

Trivia:  The more expensive brake cleaners work better, so you use less of it, so it's actually cheaper.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/21 8:34 p.m.

Yea we are having a terrible time keeping aerosols in stock because the manufacturer can't get the cans to fill.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/18/21 10:32 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) :

Things are well! Good to see you still on this side of the electrons. Did you buy that DR yet? I'm still holding that lunch date

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/19/21 1:50 a.m.

Also missing: Vanilla coke (12 packs of the cans).

Convenience store 20 oz bottles seem to be available, but in limited supply. 

wae
wae UberDork
1/19/21 5:58 a.m.

I don't know who woke up one morning and decided they could do a better job of performing Guns 'n' Roses "Patience", but they were very wrong.  That's just awful and it deserves a paddlin'.  Some songs (and movies, while we're at it) were really just fine and don't need to be remade. 

And get your cat off my lawn

Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/19/21 6:58 a.m.

I just got a late notice for a bill I mailed on 12/27, not due until 1/15.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/19/21 7:08 a.m.
Don49 (Forum Supporter) said:

I just got a late notice for a bill I mailed on 12/27, not due until 1/15.

I am not at all trying to start a "get with the times, old man" path. This is a genuine question: why don't you pay the bill through your banks online Bill pay system? Free, significantly safer, and much quicker.

Note: I say this having worked in bank collections, bank fraud, and now working for the company that probably designed the online Bill pay system for any given bank, not including the giants. 

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
1/19/21 8:06 a.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker :

So you found a way over the wall or did you have to Tunnel out? Welcome back!

WilD
WilD Dork
1/19/21 8:18 a.m.

Some of the product shortages above made me realize I had a minor rant.  I could NOT find the canned mushrooms at the story yesterday.  I circled the section of the store in confusion a couple times before I noticed a few forlorn cans were actually at the back of the shelf where I orginally expected them to be.  Four cans of whole mushrooms (as opposed to the sliced I usually get).  Four.  Otherwise, nada.  Weird...  I purchased three of them.  The next guy is in for a treat when he finds that single can of whole mushrooms.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker :

No, I built up my Cherokee to get me off the beaten path instead. It's a little more suited to my speed and has A/C. 

20210116_161657_HDR.jpg

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/19/21 8:24 a.m.
M2Pilot said:

Has it been that long?  I've missed your posts. Got to have you back.

Amen. Didn't think it had been that long either!

Welcome back. 

My rants: 

1. i have a cold, not covid. But, im paranoid now....

2. Today has been a dumpster fire already. Absolutely a clusterberkeley. 

3. My wife's minivan broke. It needs to go to the shop cause I really don't feel like touching the manifold to get to the leak. Sho she took my car to work today and now i need to be on the road.

4. Kid still doing school from home.

5. Cvs berkeleyed up and didn't have my medication refills for a week. So going off, andnow back on has been a physical and mental donkey punch to the balls.

6. I missed the ladder coming out of the attic yesterday nd bruised my left armpit when i hit the rafters. Im really sore today.

Thanks. I think I'm done now....

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/19/21 9:50 a.m.
wae said:

I don't know who woke up one morning and decided they could do a better job of performing Guns 'n' Roses "Patience", but they were very wrong. 

For me its not so much waking up in the morning thinking I can do a better job, its being a few drinks in on Karaoke night that convinces me its a good idea!laugh

wae
wae UberDork
1/19/21 10:38 a.m.
logdog (Forum Supporter) said:
wae said:

I don't know who woke up one morning and decided they could do a better job of performing Guns 'n' Roses "Patience", but they were very wrong. 

For me its not so much waking up in the morning thinking I can do a better job, its being a few drinks in on Karaoke night that convinces me its a good idea!laugh

Yeah, but your karoke version doesn't get played on the public airwaves.

And it probably sounds better.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/19/21 11:09 a.m.
wae said:

I don't know who woke up one morning and decided they could do a better job of performing Guns 'n' Roses "Patience", but they were very wrong.  That's just awful and it deserves a paddlin'.  Some songs (and movies, while we're at it) were really just fine and don't need to be remade. 

It’s just revenge for Guns ‘n’ Roses covering “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”

wae
wae UberDork
1/19/21 11:21 a.m.
eastsideTim said:
wae said:

It’s just revenge for Guns ‘n’ Roses covering “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”

cyow5
cyow5 New Reader
1/19/21 11:59 a.m.

I'm irked that EBC is taking two weeks to get me a rotor with the set screw drilled in the correct place. How do you screw that up on a '14 Mini? It's not like it is either rare or new to market. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/19/21 12:08 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

They still make Grape Nuts? 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/19/21 12:15 p.m.

I've noticed a number of weird things missing over the last year. Notable to me:

1. Hot Pockets- I actually looked this up, and apparently the problem is that the metallic foil or whatever they use in the sleeve is hard to come by, so they cut back on the variety they are making. Can't find the Breakfast ones anywhere I've looked.

2. For the longest time there were no fudge-dipped mint Oreos. Not a big problem- but just a weird thing to be out of (had plenty of the non-mint ones, and the mini-dipped mint ones).

3. Bouillon- this seems to have finally come back, but for a good while our local grocery store was really low on these (and they annoyingly seem to have stopped carrying the 'Bou' variety that we liked (but Whole Paycheck still carries them, but that'e either a drive across town or buy two more items to have over $50 for free delivery)

4. Ground Bison- we would make burgers from the Laura's Ground Bison, and when I asked the meat dept. about it they said they've not seen any of it for the better part of a year.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/19/21 1:28 p.m.
cyow5 said:

I'm irked that EBC is taking two weeks to get me a rotor with the set screw drilled in the correct place. How do you screw that up on a '14 Mini? It's not like it is either rare or new to market.

That's only used as a convenience during assembly.  I thought it was fairly common practice to just ditch the damn things once you finally got them out of the hub.

Ashyukun (Robert) said:

In reply to RossD :

They still make Grape Nuts? 

My wife loves them...dry. indecision

It's like eating breakfast with a herd of horses. 

1 ... 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IczD4vq6P2Q6Ltbl9AdBitaAUELasNHIQ90NlHZ47FsZv61wOZzRlrDT5aIK83ee