1 ... 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 ... 1928
Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
2/26/21 5:23 p.m.

Tootles Florida. It was not a fun week. I hope to not be back.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/26/21 6:07 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

TIL some people think the snow that fell in Texas was fake and created by Bill Gates?

WTF?

Saw that. Engage at your own peril.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/26/21 6:20 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

That's interesting, I don't know if he has one. The new insurance plan he's on has an agent which seems to be doing well, his short acting inhaler is $9 instead of over 60. I'm hoping it works for everything

2/26/21 6:21 p.m.
Mike (Forum Supporter) said:

TIL some people think the snow that fell in Texas was fake and created by Bill Gates?

WTF?

This is not bad advice. I work with someone that's on "that" side of things.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/26/21 6:31 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

It's insane. Luckily thru samples and Medicare and some help he got it down to $219 this month with hopes for better next month but.....who the hell has $30 a dose for a drug they need? Certainly not someone that's getting what he gets in SS and not being able to work.

What do people do when they don't have family that helps them pay for this stuff?

We buy it on Craigslist and hope it doesn't kill us. We aren't worried that it might be a police sting, because then we get taken to jail were they (eventually) administer insulin. 

2/26/21 6:36 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Stupid system there isn't it?

Really a lack of green rectangles shouldn't mean you have to die or suffer

Washed the Silverado for the first time after a month of nearly constant rain. Man she cleans up nice.

Left the shop early to beat the Friday traffic. Accelerated to pass a slow car and something exploded on the downshift. No forward gears, only a grinding sound. Sounds like the transfer case but reverse still works. So does the speedometer. 

Needless to say getting home early didn't happen. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/26/21 7:24 p.m.

WTF?

Is that, uhhhh, around here?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/26/21 7:25 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Scary thing is there are people far, far worse off. Health for profit is not health at all. Its business. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/26/21 7:30 p.m.

I had a brilliant yet obvious idea today and not the time or money to implement it.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
2/28/21 10:23 a.m.
Duke said:

WTF?

Is that, uhhhh, around here?

Thankfully, not that I've seen. 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
2/28/21 10:30 a.m.

Hit a massive pothole in the parking lot last night attempting a Target run, leaving me with a sidewall leak on a tire when I've barely put any wear on the set. It's the second time I've been stranded in three days.

The bright side is that there's a Pep Boys across the parking lot, so I don't have to sit around for three hours for a tow. No early bird envelopes, but I did put in an appointment. They emailed me this morning thanking me for telling them I couldn't make it, so I'm expecting that to be annoying when I make the extra trip to drop off the keys.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/28/21 11:17 a.m.

Tell me how a 62 year old, who had open heart surgery 8 months ago, and is 280lbs (down from 350 a year ago) is not high risk and eligible for the vaccine?

C'mon, Chicago. Get your act together. 

The work truck is broken so I'm driving the XJ to work for the next week or so. It's 84 today and apparently the AC in the XJ has puked all the refrigerant.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/28/21 12:31 p.m.

Just e-filed my 2020 federal taxes.

The IRS still hasn't provided my larger than a challenge car refund for 2019 that was filed on 3/31/20 and they admit the berkeley up was them. New date I'm supposed to have that refund (about 7th ot 8th date so far) is April 18. Wonder if I'll get either of them by summer?

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
2/28/21 1:25 p.m.

Why does every single person I interact with on Facebook Marketplace ask "wHaTs YoUr LoCaTiOn???" when it's clearly listed in the ad?  This is what I've started sending when people ask me where I'm located. Their next question is then "How fars that from my bumpkin town that you've never heard of? 

Rodan
Rodan Dork
2/28/21 1:53 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Recently sold some Miata parts via Failbook and CL...  the one common denominator was that EVERY SINGLE person that inquired asked questions that were clearly answered if they had actually read the ad. 

NOBODY reads anymore... 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/21 1:55 p.m.
Rodan said:

Recently sold some Miata parts via Failbook and CL...  the one common denominator was that EVERY SINGLE person that inquired asked questions that were clearly answered if they had actually read the ad. 

NOBODY reads anymore... 

You have more patience than I do.  I just delete responses that ask about things clearly spelled out in the ad.

2/28/21 1:56 p.m.
secretariata (Forum Supporter) said:

Just e-filed my 2020 federal taxes.

The IRS still hasn't provided my larger than a challenge car refund for 2019 that was filed on 3/31/20 and they admit the berkeley up was them. New date I'm supposed to have that refund (about 7th ot 8th date so far) is April 18. Wonder if I'll get either of them by summer?

Then the bastards rejected my 2020 return because the AGI taken directly from my 2019 return didn't match their information BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T PROCESSED MY 2019 RETURN! Which they have had for 334 days...

BERKELEY THE IRS!!!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/28/21 2:16 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

Three years ago I missed a Morgan Stanley dividend statement and owed the IRS $35 in back taxes and penalties.   Wrote them a check that day and months later I get my tax refund and they deducted the $35.  

I call and a check is promised and then a year ago my tax lady sends a letter only to hear nothing.  

It's not the money cause I spend more on BBQ for the family but it's the principle.  The IRS takes money and ignores you.  

Rodan
Rodan Dork
2/28/21 2:31 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Yeah, I usually have to take a breath before responding... but one of those folks paid my asking price on the hardtop, so it was worth it.

Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) said:

The work truck is broken so I'm driving the XJ to work for the next week or so. It's 84 today and apparently the AC in the XJ has puked all the refrigerant.

Well, good news. It was a bad o-ring. And probably the easiest one in the system to change. It took longer to charge the system than it did to swap the o-ring.

2/28/21 2:43 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I wouldn't be anywhere near this angry if it was $35. They have had everything for 11 months at this point and it's been 8 months since I started asking "Where's my money?" And the response has repeatedly been "We did something dumb, our bad. You should have a check in 6-8 weeks." Yet they still haven't even processed my return.  The taxpayer advocate has failed so far to accomplish anything. Tax payer bill of rights is a load of BS...

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
2/28/21 4:25 p.m.
Rodan said:

NOBODY reads anymore... 

I fear for society because of this. Peoples thinking now is "I want this now" and that's as far as their thought process goes. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/28/21 5:08 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

Tell me how a 62 year old, who had open heart surgery 8 months ago, and is 280lbs (down from 350 a year ago) is not high risk and eligible for the vaccine?

C'mon, Chicago. Get your act together. 

I remember you wondering how I got tagged for a vaccine early than you. I have yet to be contacted. 

1 ... 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 ... 1928

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1t5R4RyvAkf07JeaASBC0ZRkdIis3MiI2k4sxatHF1CpMZVYrWdYp17fqYLLJItF