1 ... 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 ... 1392
mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/28/21 5:24 p.m.

GERD.  A week ago I went to the emergency room with sky high blood pressure and pulse rate.  I had woken up that morning with a burning chest and worried myself into almost having a heart attack.  I had no clue that I had GERD.  No symptoms short of the once every 6 months to a year regurgitation at night.  Never had heartburn, rarely belched,  I do not indulge in the foods that cause it.. yet here I am with it.  Scared me to death, almost literally.  

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UberDork
2/28/21 8:07 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine (Forum Supporter) :

Commend you going to the emergency room to have it checked out and glad it's not a heart attack. A close friend of mine thought he had GERD and laid down to feel better. He never woke up, it was a heart attack and not GERD.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
2/28/21 8:22 p.m.
Appleseed said:
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

Tell me how a 62 year old, who had open heart surgery 8 months ago, and is 280lbs (down from 350 a year ago) is not high risk and eligible for the vaccine?

C'mon, Chicago. Get your act together. 

I remember you wondering how I got tagged for a vaccine early than you. I have yet to be contacted. 

According to the latest update, people 16-64 with underlying health conditions are eligible as of 2/25. However, this is IL and that may not be worth the paper it is printed on depending where you live. I know my MIL who is in her 70's just got her shot this last week and she has been signed up since early Jan. I live further south in the state and our health dept is way behind. I just made an appt for me on 2/25 for 3/2 at local mass vaccination site, and I am 50 with multiple underlying conditions. Do you have any mass vaccination sites near you?

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/28/21 8:27 p.m.
Appleseed said:
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

Tell me how a 62 year old, who had open heart surgery 8 months ago, and is 280lbs (down from 350 a year ago) is not high risk and eligible for the vaccine?

C'mon, Chicago. Get your act together. 

I remember you wondering how I got tagged for a vaccine early than you. I have yet to be contacted. 

Not me. I'd expect and hope you're in line before me. I cut the line because I was lucky and got an extra 

wae
wae UberDork
2/28/21 9:57 p.m.

Called tech support because the TV DVR had no sound.  Turns out that the buttons on the front control the volume and while cleaning today my daughter must have inadvertently turned the volume all the way down.  So I got to admit that I'm basically a moron.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/28/21 10:46 p.m.

And don't think I'm upset with anyone getting vaccinated before me.  Not at all. Well, unless you are intentionally berkeleying over the system, but that's an entirely different problem. 

mtn, got your p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/28/21 11:45 p.m.

Holy hopping berkeley am I cursed or something. Monday I'm out running errands and this woman starts flirting with me. She's cute, funny and we have a lot in common end up texting during the week, made plans for dinner tonight. She calls to cancel, in the hospital after having a seizure and getting hurt. Everyone please stay back please I seem to be a jinx. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
3/1/21 6:56 a.m.

Had a senior cat pass away the beginning of Feb, and my other cat started losing weight and being lethargic last week.  Friday night it took 20 min to find her hiding in a closet.  Thought she was going to pass on her own overnight and didn't, mobile vet came Saturday around 6pm.  $350 later I'm without a cat for the first time since 1991.

wae
wae UberDork
3/1/21 7:30 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

I'm sorry to hear about that.  That's a tough thing for sure.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
3/1/21 8:00 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

Wishing you well. Losing a single pet is like a hard sucker punch to the gut. One year we lost me dog and cat a few months apart. That really sucked. 

Is it weird that it seems that losing a pet as an adult is way harder than the pets I lost as a kid? 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/1/21 8:04 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

Sorry Jerry sad  It's so rough losing a pet.  I'm in the parking lot of the vet office for the umpteenth time, hoping they can fine tune Linus's meds and food a bit better, and improve what's left of his life, even if it may not be long.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/21 8:15 a.m.

So the 'zon sent me the wrong item a few months back - CPAP filters instead of an Iron Maiden CD. Sent the filters back, they refunded the money and sent me the CD.

Today I get an email that they're charging me for the original "CD" because "I didn't send it back in time". So now I get to dig out the mailing label from like three months ago and explain to them that I can hardly send back a CD that wasn't delivered in the first berkeleying place.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/21 8:15 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

Sorry to hear that.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
3/1/21 8:22 a.m.

No dude, I don't know if my truck will pass Maryland inspection. I've never needed a vehicle inspected in Maryland, I don't know what they want. I know it WILL pass PA inspection and emission, but don't know how that translates.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/1/21 9:00 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Holy hopping berkeley am I cursed or something. Monday I'm out running errands and this woman starts flirting with me. She's cute, funny and we have a lot in common end up texting during the week, made plans for dinner tonight. She calls to cancel, in the hospital after having a seizure and getting hurt. Everyone please stay back please I seem to be a jinx. 

Man, I don't know what's with all the negatives waves around you in person.  Because you're a berking ray of sunshine online.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/1/21 9:02 a.m.
RevRico said:

No dude, I don't know if my truck will pass Maryland inspection. I've never needed a vehicle inspected in Maryland, I don't know what they want. I know it WILL pass PA inspection and emission, but don't know how that translates.

Maryland inspection used to be a serious PITA because they only do safety inspections at times of sale, so they expect it to be damn near perfect.  Not sure of that's still the case.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
3/1/21 9:10 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I wish I knew, things just keep getting better. I went to the doctor this morning for small lump in my mouth.  He doesn't like the shape, color or feel so I'm getting a biopsy in a few weeks. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it's my turn.  Nothing surprises me anymore.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/1/21 9:19 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Wufff, best of luck to you on that, too.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
3/1/21 9:44 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Thank you, I'm sure it's nothing but it will be one more thing to bother me until it gets tested 

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) HalfDork
3/1/21 9:49 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

In reply to Jerry :

Wishing you well. Losing a single pet is like a hard sucker punch to the gut. One year we lost me dog and cat a few months apart. That really sucked. 

Is it weird that it seems that losing a pet as an adult is way harder than the pets I lost as a kid? 

Makes total sense.  When you're a kid, everything's awesome, so a pet loving you is no bigger deal than lots of other stuff.  When you're an adult and the world/work/life in general is wearing you down, a pet loving you unconditionally is an uncommon ray of light and hope.  It means that much more.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/1/21 10:22 a.m.
Duke said:
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Man, I don't know what's with all the negatives waves around you in person.  Because you're a berking ray of sunshine online.

Some of us are just E36 M3 magnets. I'm currently working my way up to 2nd degree black belt. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/1/21 10:25 a.m.
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) said:

GERD.  A week ago I went to the emergency room with sky high blood pressure and pulse rate.  I had woken up that morning with a burning chest and worried myself into almost having a heart attack.  I had no clue that I had GERD.  No symptoms short of the once every 6 months to a year regurgitation at night.  Never had heartburn, rarely belched,  I do not indulge in the foods that cause it.. yet here I am with it.  Scared me to death, almost literally.  

Hope it works out. 

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/1/21 10:47 a.m.

I got a truly minor rant.

Stopped at a grocery store and grabbed a sandwich for an early lunch.  I parked in the bottom 3rd of the lot where the closest car was maybe 10-12 spots away.  I come out and there are cars on each side, so now we are an island of 3 in a sea of open spots.  I think its kinda funny, jump in the car, move a few rows over to eat my sandwich in a little privacy.  A couple bites in, a Fusion parks in the spot on my right and the guy driving keeps giving me the "watched feeling".   A few bits later, a Ram parks immediately to my left.  C'mon!   I move again and as Im finishing my sandwich a guy in a Tacoma is yapping on the phone and as he is swinging into the spot beside me he gets so close I was puckering and preparing for impact.  Apparently Im in a car that possesses the magnetic center of the universe!  

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
3/1/21 11:18 a.m.

Friend: Check out these cool lifts I'm doing.

Me: OMG. I wouldn't do those if I were you. You're liable to injure yourself.

Friend: I injured my lower back.

Me: Stop doing those goofy lifts. Find a trainer.

Friend: Yeah?!? Well what do you know?!?

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/1/21 11:23 a.m.
Beer Baron said:

Friend: Check out these cool lifts I'm doing.

Me: OMG. I wouldn't do those if I were you. You're liable to injure yourself.

Friend: I injured my lower back.

Me: Stop doing those goofy lifts. Find a trainer.

Friend: Yeah?!? Well what do you know?!?

I feel like this is well over half of all the lifts I see on reddit and facebook. I'm by no means an expert - but I can look at something and think, "wow, that is going to end up in injury". 

What are these people doing it for? Is it for fitness? General strength? Looks? I have no reason to be able to do half of those lifts, so why would i want ot risk the injury from them? Basic squats, dumbbell lifts, things without jerking random body parts... They're all going to get me into better shape, make me stronger, make me healthier, but the truth is I don't need to be any stronger than I am now other than for my own ego. 

1 ... 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 ... 1392
Our Preferred Partners
S2BrOwTmuXLSe4QEJca3Z9e3XPZReWga9M1RP68UluvHFG0TiuEyt9xuccd6isHC