1 ... 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 ... 1929
SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
3/4/21 7:55 p.m.

Perhaps if your SO struggles to find their own backside with a map and two hands...  

don't send them to pick up your meds, especially when you're ignoring most of the prescribed  directions and only want half of the meds?  

Certainly don't blame the pharmacy when you come in full Karen the next day to 'fix our mistake'  

Also, wild how many older folks think it's acceptable to shuffle up to the counter yelling their name and DOB.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/4/21 8:09 p.m.

Sloppy turns. You know, drifting wide at an intersection right or left turn. Sloppy. You are required to maintain your line. Inside to inside, outside to outside.  

It's funny to watch people pitch a fit when you follow the rules of the road, the knowledge of which,  has waved bye-bye to them long ago. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/4/21 8:11 p.m.

How much of a cesspool of a car/stank breath do you have to have to make a bank teller tube stink like an ashtray? Holy E36 M3.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/4/21 8:22 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Sloppy turns. You know, drifting wide at an intersection right or left turn. Sloppy. You are required to maintain you line. Inside to inside, outside to outside.  

It's funny to watch people pitch a fit when you follow the rules of the road, the knowledge of which,  has waved bye-bye to them long ago. 

I had some of this tonight. I stop at stop signs. Apparently, this is a problem that requires preemptive honking, lest the following car have to slow below 10 when rolling through an intersection. 

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
3/4/21 8:40 p.m.
SnowMongoose said:

Perhaps if your SO struggles to find their own backside with a map and two hands...  

don't send them to pick up your meds, especially when you're ignoring most of the prescribed  directions and only want half of the meds?  

Certainly don't blame the pharmacy when you come in full Karen the next day to 'fix our mistake'  

Also, wild how many older folks think it's acceptable to shuffle up to the counter yelling their name and DOB.

I've been there brother.  The day I retired from chain retail pharmacy was one of the best of my life.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/4/21 8:42 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I worked on a minivan this week that reeked of aftershave so much that I could smell it from 10 feet away, with its windows shut.

wae
wae UberDork
3/4/21 9:28 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
wae said:
Mr_Asa said:
wae said:

On the way back in to the subdivision today the oil pressure gauge on the Excursion started bobbing up and down from normal to zero and back.  I hope it's just the sender - I don't really need to have two trucks that need engine rebuilds clogging up my workshop....

I know that my generation of Ford, the oil "sender" is actually just a switch that closes at about 6PSI, maybe they went back to actual senders for the later model stuff though

No, the sender on this one is just a switch that's set to close somewhere between 5-7psi.  I put a real gauge on it, though, and I get 70psi on startup that drops back to 60psi and then drops down to 20 when I rev it a bit and to 0 when I rev it a lot.  Not cool.

You pulled the dipstick, right?

Yeah, I'm not quite that fortunate.  I had actually checked the oil earlier this afternoon just because it had been a couple weeks and it was smack between the high and low marks.  When I drained the oil, I didn't have much room in the 7-quart drain pan I bought for the job.

Nothing glittery in the oil, no bits of anything in the bottom of the drain pain, and absolutely nothing at all in the filter after I cut it open, so that's a minor win.  With a fresh filter and fresh oil, it holds good pressure when cold and increases pressure with RPM, but when it gets good and hot, revving it to about 4,200 drops oil pressure to about 15 PSI and then goes back up at idle.  I'm guessing either the pump itself is at fault or one of the timing tensioners is leaking.  I can't imagine that this behaviour is normal.  Of course, I have no idea how long that would have been happening since the gauge is just a low PSI switch.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/4/21 10:10 p.m.

Crack in an oil pump pickup, or something like that.  Picking up enough sludge to block the screen on the pickup.  Something on the suction side, I'd bet. End of the pickup broke right off and once it revs up and pushes a bunch of oil up top, it starts pulling air? 

Oil pan off, if its not impossible.  

Or, just accept that its a 5.4 and its lasted way longer than designed.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/5/21 2:46 a.m.

Apparently reverb has jumped their fees since I last sold something. Kind of annoying.

Also an extra cab , i6 powered, granny geared 85 f150 popped up for a good price and I don't wanna spend money right now ...

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
3/5/21 6:41 a.m.

Society says that a grown man should not be crying this much. berkeley society. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/5/21 8:16 a.m.

Pregnant friend in Texas got Covid. They had to deliver the baby early. May or may not make it; if baby makes it, may or may not have brain damage. Too early to tell. 

But hey, ya'll beat it down there!

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/5/21 8:37 a.m.

FedEx ugh...

I ordered a new master cylinder and paid extra for 2 day shipping. Ground was free. FedEx guy shows up to deliver the package and said "undeliverable, business closed." The business on the ground floor shares an entrance with the apartments above. Door was unlocked.  Just because the business is closed doesn't mean you can't deliver the package to my house dammit. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/21 8:44 a.m.

In reply to jimbob_racing :

I've finally stopped worrying about it. Life's a E36 M3show do what you need to. 

wae
wae UberDork
3/5/21 8:47 a.m.

Ain't a damned thing wrong with that, brother.  Any man that's had a good pet will understand.  Any man that hasn't won't understand and now we know why he's broken.

Society is almost always wrong. Screw them. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/5/21 9:09 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

I've finally stopped worrying about it. Life's a E36 M3show do what you need to. 

QFT.

Cry if you need to - or even just want to.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
3/5/21 9:09 a.m.
jimbob_racing said:

Society says that a grown man should not be crying this much. berkeley society. 

I cried for at least 90 days straight* when I was 28/29 years old. Anybody has a problem with that, they can go and berkeley themselves. 

*I mean I cried at least once a day, every day, for at least 90 days, not 2,160 hours straight. I found out that I run out of tears around the 12 minute mark of a good weep. Usually when driving my car, alone. Apparently, that is my safe space where I let my emotions fly.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/5/21 9:33 a.m.
Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) said:

Society is almost always wrong. Screw them. 

This is absolutely true and in most things.

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
3/5/21 9:50 a.m.

clearly they've never had a good, loving cat that passed on. sorry for your losssad

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
3/5/21 10:09 a.m.

Why are all my pictures skewed on here? I just posted one, and it had boxes to resize it on the side (that's new) and when posted... sure 'nuff... it's skewed too! 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/5/21 10:11 a.m.

In reply to Saron81 :

Backend "improvements" to the site

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
3/5/21 11:48 a.m.

My birthday is tomorrow. Realized today that license expires on Sunday. Ooff. Going to the license office at 3 for a renewal. Glad I realized this.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/5/21 12:10 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Life's a E36 M3show

I'm almost 59 years old and for 36 years I worked my career really seriously and I've put in large strides of effort and have been successful. 

Some days I think about becoming "buffoon idiot guy"and 'effing not give a care until I get fired. 

Who thinks this way?  Apparently "buffoon idiot guy" does.  

mtn (Forum Supporter)
3/5/21 12:23 p.m.

People are up in arms about an estate deciding to stop publishing and licensing 6 books written because they're politically incorrect nowadays. 

Why? It is their right, is it not? Its not the government, it isn't the schools, it isn't libraries. It is the estate of the author who decided, ya know what? We don't want these to be associated with him anymore. There were 6 books that are no longer being published. Out of over 60 that the guy wrote. This would be like Garth Brooks stopping publishing of that Chris Gaines project. 

And that author now occupies 9 out of the 10 best seller spots on Amazon. And NONE of them are any of the 6 that they've decided to stop publishing and licensing. 

People are stupid. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
3/5/21 1:55 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

I had never heard (not that I can recall) of any of the books being pulled from publishing, and when I was young my grandmother ran a library and I had free range to any book I wanted to read.

Minor rant: It's been too cold to get decent progress made on my car and the more I think about a wood stove in the shop space, the less sense it makes since it would take up floor space I'd rather not lose. Not that explaining that to anyone local understands that concept.

1 ... 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kkmkW6zQf6UiTK8bt4IxUCd6dEcuWh6GSwmyHb1d6cUbp9uSufoZ5MN9q1g5hOZv