1 ... 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 ... 1928
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/20/21 8:04 p.m.

Wandered down to Harbor Freight today.  Picked up a bunch of flap wheels and other stuff to prep my LS heads for welding.  Spent half the day prepping, cutting the excess away from the split bolt holes, all that sorts of stuff.  Bolted everything together and made sure it was all even and level.

Get to the point where I'm able to lay down my first beads.

Out of berkeleying argon.  Damnit

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/21 8:40 p.m.

Wife is changing jobs after 9 years and going from part time to full time.  So our financial woes will be reduced considerably as the new job's insurance is much cheaper and there's a nice bump in pay (not enough for what she does, but that's endemic of the healthcare industry as a whole).

However, aside from all the background check hoops one has to jump through, there's also the small matter of her FSA account which will become forfeit on her last day of work.  Which is Thursday.  Stupidly, I used all of mine up first because hers is usually used up at the end of the year.  Whoops.

So trying to spend $2700 in a few hours on medical stuff that we can actually use has become a bit of a challenge.

Oh and we'll likely not have insurance for a month because of the dumbass rules around when your last day of work is, etc.  Think we could put that money towards that?  Nah....

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/21 9:48 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

A friend's wife is getting emergency surgery, it sounds frighteningly familiar to what I just went through. He seems to think so too and I'm the only person he's comfortable talking to about it.  I also lost another coworker to a 9/11 related cancer. I stopped worrying about that a while ago. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/21/21 6:23 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Ooof. Not just ooof, but ooof-da.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/21/21 6:41 a.m.

The other day, my ex texts me and tells me my kid wants to buy me a game so we can play together on xbox and it's his way of connecting. Now, since I know his allowance is basically paid out of my child support- this is pointless. So I got the game myself. He said he needed help with a boss on a certain level. I'd never played the game before, but I helped him out. About 3/4 of the way through the boss his iPad disconnected because he can't charge a device to save his life, so we finish the game blind. Immediately after we drop back into the main lobby, he drops out and I'm kicked to solo. Check- he's gone offline. So I went to target. Get a text while I'm there that gibson is done for now. Ok, I figured that out. 

Tldr. My kid wanted me to tank a boss level for him. He used me as pay to win dlc. Society is doomed.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/21/21 7:28 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

On the bright side, it sounds like the kid is pretty well equipped for life in said doomed society...

wae
wae UberDork
4/21/21 7:32 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Or - and hear me out here - your boy had a problem that he couldn't solve on his own.  And the most capable person he thought of to be able to help him was you!

Just lookin' for the bright side!

wae
wae UberDork
4/21/21 7:57 a.m.

I forgot my rant:

berkeley you and your certificate.  I know the certificate isn't valid.  I don't care.  Just load the application and let me worry about it.  I installed the app myself, I know what it is, where it's from, what it does, and all that.  Stop trying to protect me from myself.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/21/21 8:17 a.m.

Now that things, well some of the things, that have been stressing me the berkeley out are clearing up I can talk about it.

Dana had to have some procedures done, biopsy, and something called a conal biopsy. If you don't have lady parts you don't have to worry about it.

Things came back all clear thankfully, but this conal thing came with 6 weeks of pelvic rest. We're 2 weeks into it now. In the almost 7 years we've been together, this is the craziest and angriest I've ever seen her, despite having previously gone longer than 8 weeks following "pelvic rest procedures" in the past.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/21/21 9:08 a.m.

Yesterday morning as the city was awakening and slowly going about their day (at 6:30 AM) some squid on a crotch rocket was qualifying for Daytona.  Getting every bit of performance he could out of his very loud Japanese machine.  Must have been banging gears right at 12,000 rpm.....in a residential neighborhood.   The sound carried to probably 10,000 people.  Thanks dude, we're all impressed.

This morning, he drove a car.   Because on April 21 we have snow on the ground.

Snow!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/21/21 9:08 a.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

Wife is changing jobs after 9 years and going from part time to full time.  So our financial woes will be reduced considerably as the new job's insurance is much cheaper and there's a nice bump in pay (not enough for what she does, but that's endemic of the healthcare industry as a whole).

However, aside from all the background check hoops one has to jump through, there's also the small matter of her FSA account which will become forfeit on her last day of work.  Which is Thursday.  Stupidly, I used all of mine up first because hers is usually used up at the end of the year.  Whoops.

So trying to spend $2700 in a few hours on medical stuff that we can actually use has become a bit of a challenge.

Oh and we'll likely not have insurance for a month because of the dumbass rules around when your last day of work is, etc.  Think we could put that money towards that?  Nah....

Not sure if you still have time or not, but...

Buy condoms, pregnancy tests, tampons, sunscreen, ankle braces, first aid kits for every bathroom and car and garage, orthotic insoles, humidifier, all of the icy hots, compression socks/sleeves, ankle braces...

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
4/21/21 10:01 a.m.

I don't berkeleying care that you got the Covid Vaccine. You were sent home from work yesterday cause you looked like hell, and today you are back, looking and sounding even worse. Stay the berkeley home and get better. I don't need any help with medical issues right now, I am doing just fine on my own. 

berkeleying Stubborn Ass...

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/21 10:47 a.m.
mtn said:
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

Not sure if you still have time or not, but...

Buy condoms, pregnancy tests, tampons, sunscreen, ankle braces, first aid kits for every bathroom and car and garage, orthotic insoles, humidifier, all of the icy hots, compression socks/sleeves, ankle braces...

Yeah, we stocked up on contacts, solution and about $700 worth of stuff from the FSAStore on top of reimbursing a few copays and other things the insurance didn't pay for.  We have about $7 left and one last prescription to pickup today.

Tight, but we made it.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
4/21/21 11:05 a.m.

None of the online search engines are any berkeleying good at finding crew cab, 4x4, long bed pickups.  The pickup needs to have an 8' bed.  Period.  No substitutes allowed.  Some of the search engines don't even have a way to filter based on bed length, and those that do, don't care and send berkeleying little stubby bed pickup results anyway.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/21/21 11:06 a.m.

God help you if you own a 1980 Honda CM200T Twinstar. There is nothing for used parts. Nothing for new parts,  unless you like cheap chrome gee-gaws 

I'm trying to piece together a 12 volt system from 81 and 82 Twinstars, because mine is 6 volt with points. The lighting is awful and 6 volt upgrades are beyond expensive.  Just do the points you say? I can't find OEM points. No berking way am I going to waste my time with cheap Chinese junk. 

If Honda ever made a unloved orphan,  it's the Twinstar. Nobody messes with these things, and conflicting information from the people that do makes me wish they didn't like them at all. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/21 11:28 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

None of the online search engines are any berkeleying good at finding crew cab, 4x4, long bed pickups.  The pickup needs to have an 8' bed.  Period.  No substitutes allowed.  Some of the search engines don't even have a way to filter based on bed length, and those that do, don't care and send berkeleying little stubby bed pickup results anyway.

You're looking at a HD pickup if you want one that was built in the last 15 years or so. If you search on Chevy 2500 and Ford F250s, results will probably pop up organically. 

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
4/21/21 11:53 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

Yep. No such thing as a long bed crew cab on half ton trucks. They all have 5.5 or 6.5' beds. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/21 12:14 p.m.

Plumbing update.  Due to the way the tree comprehensively mangled the pipes, and because for some damn reason there are actually TWO of them, we're up to $13,5 for the sewer repair alone.

And the city has to come out and handle the piping on their side of the property line, which is damaged due to being old as berk.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/21/21 12:47 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Buddy just picked up a 75 or 76 Honda 750 of some sort. He's trying to get me to remake the fernco looking things that hold the carbs on out of silicone because someone already paid a Chinese company to make the dies to mold them out of rubber, but $150 for the set is "too expensive". 

I feel like the wiring hassles are going to be even more fun than the making the 4 carbs work together

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/21/21 1:44 p.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
4/21/21 2:56 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

You're looking at a HD pickup if you want one that was built in the last 15 years or so. If you search on Chevy 2500 and Ford F250s, results will probably pop up organically. 

I know. I want a 2500/3500. But even most of them have E36 M3ty 6.5' beds, and the search engines are terrible at getting me relevant results. I don't want to filter through 100 trucks to find maybe 20 with long beds.  And the pictures only help if they're from the side.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/21/21 9:50 p.m.

I have had an absolute bitch of a day. Wife's work car broke down and I had to get her towed, much flailing happened I just ate my first meal at 7:20pm.

I think I'll drink all the scotch tonight.....

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/22/21 8:52 a.m.

You're smoking Marlboro reds, taking random unregulated supplements, and you're scared of the vaccine? Make sure you have enough tin foil to line your red hat there, buddy. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/22/21 9:21 a.m.

I can't concentrate worth a berkeley today. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/22/21 10:43 a.m.

We're the NIMBYs in this situation. But it is, quite literally, in my in-laws back AND side yard.

Look, Mr. Restaurant Owner, you cannot use the argument that we're stopping you from economic use of the lot. You paid $15k for the lot, BECAUSE THERE IS NO ECONOMIC USE OF THE LOT. Seriously, you paid $15k for a lot that in just about any other situation would be worth $350k. Come up with a new argument, because if that argument was valid, you would be out another $285-$385k.

1 ... 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 ... 1928

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XK68S6g7mQLsaILCrGBITX1Ievlo3rloVChnvLoBWtvuPxEpIO4Gh0RPow5LjZXL