1 ... 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 ... 1424
tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
4/22/21 10:51 a.m.
mtn said:

You're smoking Marlboro reds, taking random unregulated supplements, and you're scared of the vaccine? Make sure you have enough tin foil to line your red hat there, buddy. 

But but but

DoTerra!

Pink Drink!

McRib!

Taco Bell!

Dr. Google!

wae
wae UberDork
4/22/21 11:22 a.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

I didn't have a rant today until I read that.  Now my rant is that I want a McRib and can't get one right now.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/22/21 11:25 a.m.

In reply to wae :

Find a Speedway, get two BBQ pork sandwiches for $4.  

Microwave them yourself, though. Avoid the ones in the warming oven unless you a fan of dried out food.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/22/21 11:31 a.m.

My rant is that the McRib keeps coming back. Every time it does I forgot how bad it sucked for the last time and I get suckered into buying another.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/22/21 11:35 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

My rent is that the McRib keeps coming back. Every time it does I forgot how bad it sucked for the last time and I get suckered into buying another.

I got past that the first time it came back in 1988 or whenever.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/22/21 12:03 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

My rant is that the McRib keeps coming back. Every time it does I forgot how bad it sucked for the last time and I get suckered into buying another.

Where does it keep going? 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/22/21 12:03 p.m.

One of my "supervisors" has elected.to change the work radio to the local country dispensary, and do so- loudly. I'm considering terminating my life functions vis self immolation. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
4/22/21 12:08 p.m.
mtn said:

You're smoking Marlboro reds, taking random unregulated supplements, and you're scared of the vaccine? Make sure you have enough tin foil to line your red hat there, buddy. 

At my hospital I didn't get in trouble for this.

We had a patient. Patient was literally one day from discharge, but the family decided they didn't want to follow our strict COVID procedures. You get one visitor per day. You cannot eat with the patient. Mask stays on. Take it off? You're out. Try to keep 6 feet away. Dumbass shared a drink and got COVID from a family member- contact traced and all. 4 days later the patient is dying, and the most we were comfortable with was 2 people maximum in full Isolation gear with them as they passed. Naturally, we are now extreme about our procedures.

These berkeleying idiots. Each week I get another dumbass that half of my front desk staff is honestly, too lazy or chickenE36 M3 to stop or tell off or call security over. I'm one of the few males in my facility and one of the few people that is willing to be confrontational. Each berkeleying week.

WhY CaNt I eAt WiTh ThEm??1!!/?/1

We had someone do that, and it killed their family member.

I dIdnT tAkE mY mAsK oFF!!1! ThIs Is ViOlAtiOn oF mY RiugHts!!1!1!1

No it isn't, shut the berkeley up. Leave or security forces you out. Don't berkeley with me, I feel like I'm made of scars now.

The sheer denial these people have is insane; I understand why some people are so pro-authoritarian now (Though I will ALWAYS fight against that) because in the last month we've had to forcibly remove 3 people from the facility for the stupidest, stupidest E36 M3 possible. Staying too late. Trying to claim "CoViDs NoT rEaL!!!!1!1" in front of their intubated family. Another hospital had a "protest" from a family not allowed to see a child because they were COVID+, staged outside the front and attempted to breach the floor. It wasn't getting arrested that stopped them, it was 3 of them getting COVID that stopped them. I'll even get aggressive against the unmasked in grocery stores now in full uniform. They don't do E36 M3 but run.

Honestly guys? I'd tell the scum just to go home and die, but that would mean even more work for me on the ambulances. These last few years have made me so angry.

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/22/21 12:10 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Embrace your inner redneck, son.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
4/22/21 12:18 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

If you just read that bingo card out loud it sounds just like a bro country song.

I hate bro country so much. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
4/22/21 12:35 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:
mtn said:

At my hospital I didn't get in trouble for this.

We had a patient. Patient was literally one day from discharge, but the family decided they didn't want to follow our strict COVID procedures. You get one visitor per day. You cannot eat with the patient. Mask stays on. Take it off? You're out. Try to keep 6 feet away. Dumbass shared a drink and got COVID from a family member- contact traced and all. 4 days later the patient is dying, and the most we were comfortable with was 2 people maximum in full Isolation gear with them as they passed. Naturally, we are now extreme about our procedures.

These berkeleying idiots. Each week I get another dumbass that half of my front desk staff is honestly, too lazy or chickenE36 M3 to stop or tell off or call security over. I'm one of the few males in my facility and one of the few people that is willing to be confrontational. Each berkeleying week.

WhY CaNt I eAt WiTh ThEm??1!!/?/1

We had someone do that, and it killed their family member.

I dIdnT tAkE mY mAsK oFF!!1! ThIs Is ViOlAtiOn oF mY RiugHts!!1!1!1

No it isn't, shut the berkeley up. Leave or security forces you out. Don't berkeley with me, I feel like I'm made of scars now.

The sheer denial these people have is insane; I understand why some people are so pro-authoritarian now (Though I will ALWAYS fight against that) because in the last month we've had to forcibly remove 3 people from the facility for the stupidest, stupidest E36 M3 possible. Staying too late. Trying to claim "CoViDs NoT rEaL!!!!1!1" in front of their intubated family. Another hospital had a "protest" from a family not allowed to see a child because they were COVID+, staged outside the front and attempted to breach the floor. It wasn't getting arrested that stopped them, it was 3 of them getting COVID that stopped them. I'll even get aggressive against the unmasked in grocery stores now in full uniform. They don't do E36 M3 but run.

Honestly guys? I'd tell the scum just to go home and die, but that would mean even more work for me on the ambulances. These last few years have made me so angry.

These people are going to make the difference between killing this thing and living with it for a decade or more. If everyone would mask up and then get the shot, the thing would go away. Antivaxxers are going to do their best to make sure we all suffer. We develop multiple amazing vaccines in less than a year, each publicly available for free. It's a modern day miracle. People poop all over it on their way to 7-11 to get a microwave burrito and cigs or vapes because they don't know what's in it.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/22/21 1:05 p.m.

Girthquake, thank you for your service to our species. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/22/21 1:06 p.m.
tuna55 said:

These people are going to make the difference between killing this thing and living with it for a decade or more. If everyone would mask up and then get the shot, the thing would go away. Antivaxxers are going to do their best to make sure we all suffer. We develop multiple amazing vaccines in less than a year, each publicly available for free. It's a modern day miracle. People poop all over it on their way to 7-11 to get a microwave burrito and cigs or vapes because they don't know what's in it.

Yep. This thing is going to mutate its way into perpetual issues. It was probably always going to do that, but we had something of a chance to keep it in check. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/22/21 1:10 p.m.

I'm trying to support a contractor in getting a building permit for a project in my company's home county - New Castle Co.  We do the vast majority of our work in Delaware's other two counties.

Now I remember why.  The sheer amount of useless "compliance certifications", unnecessary bureaucracy, and general bullE36 M3 required is positively byzantine.

We're not building a berking nuclear power plant.  We're replacing 20 ancient water fountains in a public school and making some minor non-structural modifications to ensure they are handicap accessible.

Bob help us if we were actually trying to build something here.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/22/21 1:16 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Seriously, reading through the current metal buildings thread:  a project like that - even for non-commercial use on private property - would be a solid year getting through the regulatory process, with tens of thousands of dollars in professional design and engineering services required.  For a commercial property it would be even worse.

I'm a berking design professional who would stand to benefit from those fees, and I think it is insane.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/22/21 1:18 p.m.

Unrelated minor rant:

I absentmindedly scratched a tiny scab off the side of my face and now I'm sitting at my desk at work bleeding like a bullet grazed me.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/22/21 1:29 p.m.
Duke said:

Unrelated minor rant:

I absentmindedly scratched a tiny scab off the side of my face and now I'm sitting at my desk at work bleeding like a bullet grazed me.

I have an ingrown hair on my inner thigh. Pretty sure it is an ingrown hair, anyways. It shows up as a boil every 4 weeks; it comes to a head, I pop it and look for the hair digging around in the pore, can't find it... It always bleeds like a MOFO. I think I need to see a dermatologist for it. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/22/21 1:34 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

That could also be cellulitis.  When I get those, before they pop I put a little zit cream on them every night and morning, with a small bandaid during the day to stop it rubbing on my pants.

stanger_mussle
4/22/21 2:19 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

If you just read that bingo card out loud it sounds just like a bro country song.

I hate bro country so much. 

Unfortunately, I'm in the heart of Florida (same as mndsm), where bro country is more prevalent than covid. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/22/21 2:34 p.m.

I was under the apparently mistaken assumption that bro-country ended at the state line, and Florida was South New Jersey: not part of the south, but where all of the people retiring from NYC escaped to.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/22/21 2:44 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

The farther north or inland you go in Florida, the farther south you are.

stanger_mussle
4/22/21 3:09 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim and Pete. (l33t FS):

Tim is correct. I took a wrong turn in Brooksville once and had to zig zag through a few residential neighborhoods to get back to the highway.

Every trailer had a truck like this parked in front of it:

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/22/21 3:19 p.m.

Been berking around for 6 berking months trying to get berking Royal Caribbean to refund the rest of my cruise fare for a trip they themselves canceled in April of 2020.

Never.  Again.  They could offer me the berking Presidential Suite on their berking nicest ship for half price and I wouldn't take it.  Way to make an excellent first - and definitely last - experience, RC.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
4/22/21 3:25 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

The farther north or inland you go in Florida, the farther south you are.

Yup.  Good rule of thumb, more than 20 miles away from the coast and it'll start getting pretty rednecky.  Closer to the coast and the more yankee you get.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
4/22/21 3:26 p.m.

I have never understood people that don't iron their flags before displaying them.

1 ... 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 ... 1424
Our Preferred Partners
sqdOVt3oRYPCxX1l2dTylMaRlGJ8q80jLHd2xLiLsnKyUhDbIHvEmAju75PECiY2