1 ... 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 ... 1926
Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/21 6:17 p.m.

Plastic. A garbage disposal's kryptonite. That piece only took 30 minutes to dig out from where it was wedged between the cutter disk and body. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/21 11:36 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Streetwiseguy said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Scorched earth.  Your good name is worth more than just about anything else.

I'm stepping back until the anger-hormones are clear.  Don't want to do anything rash.  I've made some good rash decisions but mostly bad rash decisions, and I guess getting old means not getting stupid.

Self medicating with Sobieski, pierogies, and videos on YouTube about kittens and Omaha Beach.  (Two separate subjects)

Too bad, I'd love to watch a video of cats storming the beach. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/25/21 9:56 a.m.

I was torn between posting this in this thread or the "What are you listening to now?" thread.

I'm sitting here in the dark on the couch listening to the dog snore and the rain drip.

I'm not listening to the coffee maker brewing my morning lifeblood.

Apparently the power is out. I woke up because the fan we use for white noise in our room came to a screeching halt. OK, maybe not screeching but it definitely came to a halt. My CPAP machine stopped too. Not getting any more sleep without it.

I hope this doesn't last long. I need to put the street/AutoX pads back on my car today. I wanted to watch the Indy car race too. Stupid inconvenient modern conveniences. Why can't the power go out on a work day?

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/25/21 5:57 p.m.

The power came back on after a couple hours. Unfortunately, the outage somehow berkeleyed up our WiFi router. I wound up spending an hour resetting it and then reloading the firmware. I love it when the berkeleying manufacturers say things like "download this patch to your desktop pc". Well, E36 M3 man. If I could download E36 M3 I wouldn't be reading this berkeleying page now would I? Luckily the connection directly to the modem comes to my desk area so I was able to bypass the piece of E36 M3 router. Anyway I got it done. I can't imagine not being a technical person these days. Those poor SOB's are berkeleyed. 

I feel like this today:

https://youtu.be/cmg3nlAPVK8

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/25/21 6:05 p.m.

Screeching chimpanzee frustration.  The carburetor in my RX-7 refuses to carburete.  It will run off of the accelerator pump but that's it.  Smoke tested the intake and found zero vacuum leaks.  Pulled the carb apart again and went to blow through all the circuits again to verify that nothing is clogged again and got a face full of carb cleaner.

which instantly frosted my glasses.

So, three hours and $700 after insurance later, I have a pair of glasses coming in about a week.

Bifocals.

wheeeee

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/25/21 7:55 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Streetwiseguy said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Scorched earth.  Your good name is worth more than just about anything else.

I'm stepping back until the anger-hormones are clear.  Don't want to do anything rash.  I've made some good rash decisions but mostly bad rash decisions, and I guess getting old means not getting stupid.

Self medicating with Sobieski, pierogies, and videos on YouTube about kittens and Omaha Beach.  (Two separate subjects)

Too bad, I'd love to watch a video of cats storming the beach. 

How about animated squirrels?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/26/21 8:26 a.m.

Every time my wife starts with "You know what I thought about", something always follows with the most pessimistic view of whatever subject possible. C'mon. Yeah. That is a possibility, or that is true, but it completely ignores the other part and it was pretty obvious anyways. Lets be a ray of sunshine, instead of this ray of gloom. 

Second rant: United canceled a flight and moved my wife and daughter to another flight, after I'd gone to great lengths to make sure that they had a safe seat in terms of ventilation, and the entire row. So the flight they were moved to didn't work. Now we had to rebook with Southwest. AND THEY DID THE SAME DAMN THING. Now we'll have to rebook it for a day earlier. 

Third rant: berkeley you, antivaxxers. You're all cowards. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
4/26/21 8:40 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

That's why I keep a lot of thoughts to myself. I'm a generally pessimistic person and no one wants to hear it.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/26/21 8:53 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

I enjoy being pessimistic.  Either I'm constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/26/21 8:57 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/26/21 9:17 a.m.

Tweaked my right shoulder over the weekend, doing I know not what.  But it's killing me by small degrees.  One of those things with a constant ache that's either bad or worse, with no comfortable position.  I'm alternating 500mg ibuprofen and 1000 mg acetaminophen every 4 hours.  Ugh.  It's going to be a long few days or week.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/26/21 9:27 a.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to mtn :

I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience.

An optimist with experience would not say things like "You know what I just thought of? We still need to pay for daycare if we go visit your parents"

Like... Yeah? We still need to pay our property taxes when we're not at the house, too. Whats your point? Are you saying you don't want to go visit my parents? Are you saying that you don't want to go back to work so we don't have to pay for daycare? Its just negativity with no point, no action is taken from it, and it is obvious. Now, saying things like "I think the sump pump is going out" -  that is a good thing to be pessimistic about. Whether it is or it isn't, if you think it is, bring it up, because if it leads to a flooded basement we're in trouble, and if it isn't going out, the worst case scenario is that I'm out $100 and 30 minutes of my time to have a backup on the shelf. But its never that. Its "I noticed that Milo is having trouble with his back paw again"... He's a 13 year old dog, and that is the most obvious thing in the world. We thought we were going to put him down 4 months ago, so unless you're telling me we need to make that call to the vet - and if you are, I need you to be a LOT more direct - there is no point in saying that. We all know it. We both give him his meds every day for his arthritis and the general pain med. I pay the bills every month for the money we're spending on him. So if you're going to say something that is negative, it had better have a point that isn't obvious just by looking at him. 

/minor rant.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/26/21 9:31 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

Some people just aren't happy unless they're unhappy.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
4/26/21 9:32 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I hope yours doesn't last as long as mine.

My right shoulder started to flare up last November, completely ut of the blue,  and it was bad. At one point I wasn't able to brush my teeth with my right hand.   X-rays and ultrasound said tendinitis and bursitis. Two years of physio (really) for my R knee have turned me off physio forever, so I've been doing exercises at home and it helps. Lately it's been alternating between almost gone and at least it's not as bad as it was a few months ago. Today it's good and I think I'm pretty close to being better. Which at my age means possibly another 6 months.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
4/26/21 9:34 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to mtn :

Yes, but which one is it?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/26/21 9:39 a.m.
Mr. Peabody said:

In reply to Duke :

Thanks.  I had chronic trouble with my right shoulder a year or two ago, and then my wife bought me a vertical mouse, which eliminates or reduces the twist in your forearm needed to run a conventional mouse.  That made it go away very quickly, and it was been away for a year or more.  But suddenly it's back.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
4/26/21 11:13 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to mtn :

This.

I don't know how people like this go on. It's certainly hard to be around them.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/26/21 11:25 a.m.

Last half of last week was spent fighting trying to get the account necessary to access the new software I'm supposed to be helping to evaluate and write short tutorials for. Finally got access at the end of the week- and now there's something wrong with the license servers and nobody can get it to launch properly...

Wally (Forum Supporter)
4/26/21 11:37 a.m.
tuna55 said:
Duke said:

In reply to mtn :

This.

A lot of us wouldn't if it was a choice.  It's as exhausting to be us as it is to be around us. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/26/21 11:38 a.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

... and now there's something wrong with the license servers and nobody can get it to launch properly...

This is one of those things I hate about Software As a Service.  I suspect overall reliability is better, but having no control over anything when it goes down sucks. 

wae
wae UberDork
4/26/21 12:44 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

... and now there's something wrong with the license servers and nobody can get it to launch properly...

This is one of those things I hate about Software As a Service.  I suspect overall reliability is better, but having no control over anything when it goes down sucks. 

Welcome to The Internet Of (rented) Things....

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
4/26/21 2:18 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:
tuna55 said:
Duke said:

In reply to mtn :

This.

A lot of us wouldn't if it was a choice.  It's as exhausting to be us as it is to be around us. 

Hey I am sorry Wally. That wasn't a very nice thing of me to say. You're welcome to hang out any time.

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/26/21 5:16 p.m.

Got a nastygram from the HOA that I need to have the driveway and walkway pressure washed. I have a small electric pressure washer. I was complaining to my buddy yesterday about it and he said that he has his BIL's 2500psi gas pressure washer and that I was welcome to borrow it. He also has the driveway attachment. 

Cool. He filled it up with fuel before I loaded it up and I got it over to my house.

I got exactly half done before I ran out of gas. Of course, I forgot to ask him to throw the gas can in when I was loading it up.

I have no gas cans at my house because I currently have zero gas powered outdoor equipment.

I'm too tired, sweaty and dirty to drive to Walmart, buy a gas can, drive the opposite direction to the station that sells E0 (he was VERY adamant about using E0, which is understandable), fill up the gas can and return to finish the job.

That means, due to my own procrastination, that I will have to get up early tomorrow before I go to work at 2pm and finish the job.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
4/26/21 5:55 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

No worries, it's nothing personal. I try to put on a happy face every morning but there's no guarantee I can keep it up all day. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/26/21 6:39 p.m.
stanger_mussle said:

Got a nastygram from the HOA that I need to have the driveway and walkway pressure washed. I have a small electric pressure washer. I was complaining to my buddy yesterday about it and he said that he has his BIL's 2500psi gas pressure washer and that I was welcome to borrow it. He also has the driveway attachment. 

Cool. He filled it up with fuel before I loaded it up and I got it over to my house.

I got exactly half done before I ran out of gas. Of course, I forgot to ask him to throw the gas can in when I was loading it up.

I have no gas cans at my house because I currently have zero gas powered outdoor equipment.

I'm too tired, sweaty and dirty to drive to Walmart, buy a gas can, drive the opposite direction to the station that sells E0 (he was VERY adamant about using E0, which is understandable), fill up the gas can and return to finish the job.

That means, due to my own procrastination, that I will have to get up early tomorrow before I go to work at 2pm and finish the job.

You do realize you had enough fuel to pressure wash "BITE ME" and/or the every so classy rooster with two spheres on your driveway...missed opportunity. 

1 ... 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4vqMYR9gzIPtDKdisvCMLce3Lvf9dBy8EUZ84Qr3rSidYIqxjI911pfGlYj0ydhT