1 ... 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 ... 1929
Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/21 8:31 p.m.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the support. It's just going to be a long few weeks 

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
5/4/21 9:44 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the support. It's just going to be a long few weeks 

We like (ok, love) you just a little bit, Wally. As always, if you need to talk, holler. I believe I've given you my number, if not I'm in the GRM assist list critter.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/4/21 9:51 p.m.

Finally pulled the plug after 2 years and bought the Toro lawnmower I wanted.  

I get it home to show the wife where our money went.  Fill with gas, it fires up BUT the blades don't engage.  Take belt cover off to see the belt is off the pulley and pinched.  

Load into wife's car as she can see I'm upset and I don't have time to file the first warranty claim so she'll run it over.  

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
5/5/21 2:03 p.m.

If you own/operate a business, don't you think it's important to answer the phone other than the standard "uh, hullo"? 

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
5/5/21 2:13 p.m.

The current price of XJ Cherokees. My wife really wants one. She has been beat to two of them on Craigslist within 24 hours of listing and just lost an auction for one in DC. Now I get to continue hearing how she doesn't have one. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/5/21 2:53 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

If you own/operate a business, don't you think it's important to answer the phone other than the standard "uh, hullo"? 

YEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

If I have to ask "Is this XYZ corp?" you're one step away from losing my business.

wae
wae UberDork
5/5/21 7:43 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Corporate accounts payable, nina speaking, just a moment!

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
5/5/21 8:04 p.m.
Recon1342 said:
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

We like (ok, love) you just a little bit, Wally. As always, if you need to talk, holler. I believe I've given you my number, if not I'm in the GRM assist list critter.

This.  We’re all here for you Wally.  Vent, rant whatever it’ll be a no judgement zone.  

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/21 8:12 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

I don't understand it myself. If there is one thing I've learned in the last 16 years it's this. If you don't give a crap about your business, you can't expect anyone else to. 

If you act like a professional, dress like a professional, and work like a professional, people will treat you like one and be willing to pay you like one.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/5/21 8:37 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 + Sized and :

I used to have a consultant named Hugh Mahaffy. He was an old school engineer and by old school I mean he wore a tweed suit and a bow tie to work every day. He ran his engineering firm for at least 40 years.

He had maybe 12-15 staff. If the phone rang 3 times without being answered, he'd pick it up himself on the 4th.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/5/21 8:51 p.m.

I admit that since I'm either on the job or busy I rarely answer the phone.

But when I do.....I drink Dos Equis...err.....i answer with the business name.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/6/21 7:01 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

I'd just like them to actually be open when they're supposed to be. For a while now, when we make plans to do something, we make a backup plan because the odds of that place actually being open are not nearly as good as they should be

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/6/21 7:22 a.m.

I find it odd to answer my personal phone without saying, "Streetwise Service, Jim here."

34 years this month...

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/21 8:01 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

My personal cell I just say hi, the company cell I answer like the office phone. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/6/21 9:05 a.m.

To manage chronic pain with OTC analgesics, you need to stay on top of your dosing schedule.

Ask me how I know.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/6/21 10:40 a.m.

I know that story.

The best thing my Dr. did was give me some NSAID's that lasted 12hrs. They worked so well on the swelling I would take one in the evening, because sleeping was the biggest problem, and be good for 2 days

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/6/21 12:39 p.m.

My son woke me up at 4:30 this morning because he thought someone was trying to break into the egress window in our basement . . . which is also his bedroom window.  In the light of day this morning, we found someone went through my car in the driveway and that several of my wife's plants were stuck under the egress pit cover, indicating that someone did, in fact, lift the cover during the night.  Fortunately for all concerned, my son is 2nd shifter and was still up at 4:30 a.m.  It appears they beat feet when he turned his bedroom light on.  By the time I got down there, they were gone.

TL:DR - Came really close to something bad happening in my egress pit last night.

wae
wae UberDork
5/6/21 12:50 p.m.

From now on, I am going to refer to the symptoms that I get from eating chili, spicy food, Skyline, and White Castles as "something bad happening in my egress pit".

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/6/21 12:55 p.m.
wae said:

From now on, I am going to refer to the symptoms that I get from eating chili, spicy food, Skyline, and White Castles as "something bad happening in my egress pit".

laugh Thanks for the laugh man, I needed it. 1,000,000 innanets to you sir!

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/6/21 9:50 p.m.

I made it to 40 years on this earth before having my first car accident.

A young dude sideswiped my truck on the way home from work today. The damage is minimal but I gave him an Earnhardt Sr. worthy tire rub on his white Altima.

Luckily, I caught the whole thing on my dashcam.

You could tell he was on his phone or otherwise distracted.

Yay, auto claims sad. Good thing I'm trying to sell my truck right now too. Hello diminished value frown

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/7/21 1:48 a.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

I said it before. I'll say it again.  Its always a berkeleying Altima. Always.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
5/7/21 6:57 a.m.

Mother's Day gives me anxiety. Because no matter how much effort I put in, my wife will still find a way to be disappointed that I didn't make the day special enough. Same with birthdays. I dislike her birthday too. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/7/21 8:57 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to stanger_mussle :

I said it before. I'll say it again.  Its always a berkeleying Altima. Always.

And to be even more specific:

The worst driver on any given road is the one in the previous generation Altima.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
5/7/21 9:27 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

That sucks, my wife doesn't really get disappointed but she hypes up mother's day and her birthday like they're the 2nd coming of Christ.

My ROTD is that I stopped at McD this morning and ordered 2 burritos and a coffee... when I got to work there was only 1 burrito :(

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/7/21 11:52 a.m.

Is there a pickle shortage? I can't find Claussen whole dills ANYWHERE.  I'm 8 miles from the damn factory.  What the hell?

1 ... 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PgGJmnsl5q1gbhu38i4No2bUwA70A4fnCfgcZ5lQpwCrgHJAGwRehu9kCIiTImRJ