Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/16/21 4:54 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

I have news for you. It wasn't the bed liner's fault

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/16/21 4:59 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

Did you send pictures to the motherberkeleying shiny happy person? If not,  set it on fire, video, and post it on Facebook. Tag him in it.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/16/21 5:09 p.m.

I wanna go back on lockdown. There's too many people doin too much stupid E36 M3 right now. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/21 5:11 p.m.

Throwuppy bad headache after clearancing rotor seals for three hours with my glasses OFF.

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/16/21 5:58 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

You are my spirit animal.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
5/16/21 6:36 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:

In reply to Rodan :

I have news for you. It wasn't the bed liner's fault

Maybe not.  But it wouldn't have happened with a spray in liner.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
5/16/21 6:36 p.m.

Just what you want to find when cleaning out a car you just bought... indecision

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/16/21 7:47 p.m.

So, sanity check.  My new neighbors are parking completely in the street and partially obstructing my driveway. 

Am I the shiny happy person here, or is this a dick move?  This is normal, BTW.  The truck with the trailer isn't there much, but often enough that it is annoying. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/16/21 7:52 p.m.
Rodan said:

Just what you want to find when cleaning out a car you just bought... indecision

Hoarded gas ain't gonna find it's own container.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/16/21 7:53 p.m.

If they have an empty driveway,  dick move. 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/16/21 7:55 p.m.
Rodan said:

Did it still taste good or had it gone flat already?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
5/16/21 8:06 p.m.

Two weekends in to our AX season now that local pandemic restrictions have lifted a little.  

Snow has had to tow the club van twice, broken his e36 twice, broken a borrowed Civic once, and had the most violent spin of his motorsports career.  

*then* drove like trash today.

So so so looking forward to selling the e36

stanger_mussle
5/16/21 8:11 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

It's a dick move. The same thing happens on my street. The people one house down across the street always park the wrong way and further up the street than I think is needed. I have to be extra careful when backing my truck up at night (no backup cam) because I've almost hit their car once or twice.

My neighbor to the west of me likes to park their Mazda 3 in the street sometimes but he blocks both of our mailboxes. I've gotten a few delivery failure notifications from that.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/16/21 8:15 p.m.

Blocking mailboxes is actually illegal.

Actually screwing with the mail at all is illegal and they do prosecute a lot of people for it

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/16/21 8:25 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

If they have an empty driveway,  dick move. 

So there's one family living there permanently, and I think a husband and wife (relations to the home owners, probably) are staying there as well.  The husbands go off for work every day and the wives stay home and watch the kids.  Home owner's leave the wife's vehicle in the driveway and the potential relations do the same in the road.

I'd be more than happy if they just parked so their driveshaft was in line with the gutter, half on the grass, half on the road.

I'm gonna talk to them, but if they don't change their ways I'll start parking the wife and I in the yard and start doing my parts painting at the end of the driveway.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/16/21 9:07 p.m.

Did you ever eat so many baby carrots that you almost puke?

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
5/16/21 10:26 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine (Forum Supporter) :

Not sure if Uber has something related but when I was a Lyft driver, there was a service for seniors called go go grandparents. People could call Lyft for their senior loved ones and keep tabs on them. 

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
5/16/21 10:44 p.m.

Post surgery rehab seems to take forever when it's fun car season. I have crap I need to get done and I'm in a back brace on a bunch of limits for 4 more weeks. 3rd surgery and I'm still a horrible patient during rehab 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/17/21 8:55 a.m.
dropstep said:

rehab seems to take forever when it's fun car season. I have crap I need to get done and I'm in a back brace on a bunch of limits for 4 more weeks.

No E36 M3

I don't have it as bad as you but it's bad enough. Right handed, right arm in a cast minimum of 4 more weeks. I have two new bikes and haven't ridden either of them

stanger_mussle
5/17/21 5:40 p.m.

Had a horrific sinus headache all day. Woke up at 0400 and ate 800mg of ibuprofen. Went to an appt. Got home at 1030 to take all of my personal items out of the truck since it will be in the body shop for the next 5 days. I called my boss and told him I wouldn't be in the rest of the day. Decided to take a shower to try and get some relief. Ended up puking in the shower. Got out, ate another 800mg of ibuprofen and 2 Extra Strength Excedrin Migraine. Laid down until 1400, when I had to leave to drop my truck off. Got my rental and made it home at 1700. By this point, I have not eaten anything all day due to the headache, which doesn't help at all. Order a pizza because driving to the store is out of the question. It's now 1840 and I still have this headache. I've been hydrating all day but it hasn't helped. It feels like I got hit across the face with a bat.

Ugh sad

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/17/21 6:10 p.m.
Rodan said:

1.  That's what, three ounces, where did the rest go surprise 

2.  How do you get 100% in the bottle...opening too small given limitations of human aim and contact fit would cause blow back as there'd be no place for the displaced air to go.

I guess #2 answers #1 regarding where the number one went.

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/17/21 6:40 p.m.

is it urine? That seems far too "clean" to have sat for more than a few days.  The bottle does say "lemon" something on the side.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
5/17/21 6:54 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine (Forum Supporter) :

I didn't open it to find out.

Given the demeanor of the prior owner, and the overall condition of the interior, I'm thinking it wasn't lemonade.  wink

stanger_mussle
5/17/21 7:10 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Blocking mailboxes is actually illegal.

Actually screwing with the mail at all is illegal and they do prosecute a lot of people for it

Just took this pic tonight:

I have no idea who the owner of the car is. It has Tennessee plates.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/17/21 7:17 p.m.

I'm pretty sure that urine would quickly go brown in a bottle.

Granted, i'm not suggesting one do a taste test or anything... but another factor is, if one had to pee badly enough to use a car bottle, that thing would be FULL.

1 ... 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aj5JSGRk8JnZGSPnheEhqvXQ5v3P6L3e7vPS8YSvRrtnbiWtb6ZritBrKU6AZvkl