1 ... 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 ... 1926
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/3/21 11:47 a.m.

Whily is the new motelher Powerball shaped different??? Its now much less useful. Bastards. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/3/21 1:32 p.m.
Appleseed said:

1-800-3-ADVOCATE

Uh...there's too many numbers in your number. Dafuq? Call it anyway. Phone refuses to ring the number.

Stop dialing and press enter after 1+ 10 digits.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/3/21 2:37 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

All I now think of is Vinny's social security number in My Blue Heaven  

the movie “My Blue Heaven” , Barney Coopersmith, an FBI agent played by Rick Moranis, asks Vincent Antonelli, a mobster played by Steve Martin, what his Social Security number (SSN) is. Vincent responds slowly, providing the following numbers: 215-69-82125. Barney tells him that he gave one number too many, and Vincent says: “Take off the five.” 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
9/3/21 3:17 p.m.

After years of spewing vitriol on NextDoor our local bullies are now asking for civility until our city November elections. Which tells me after their own candidate got clubbed in the last nasty election they realized bullying tactics don't work anymore. berkeley'em, I'm still swinging for the fences. You don't just erase years of bad behavior.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/3/21 3:42 p.m.

I always imagine the people on the other side of NextDoor posts to be Aunt Bee after hitting the cough syrup.

100 Aunt bea ideas | frances bavier, the andy griffith show, andy griffith

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/3/21 4:10 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

Trevelyan: "I've set the timers for the same six minutes you gave me, James"

Natalya: "What does that mean?"

Bond (James Bond): "We've got three minutes..."

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/3/21 5:24 p.m.

SWMBO is being visited by Aunt Flow.  It's Friday. Friday with long holiday weekend traffic ...and she's rage driving.

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/3/21 6:48 p.m.

I was supposed to hang out with my ex girlfriend tomorrow in an attempt to make her my girlfriend again. She's been hanging out with her brother off and on this week. He thought he had COVID last weekend so he got a rapid test; it came back negative.

He also got a PCR test a few days after the rapid test. The results came back today; positive.

My ex is freaking out. She's fully vaccinated but her brother was too.

I told her to get tested ASAP. She is going tomorrow to get tested. I'm a little bummed that we won't be able to hang out but I want to make sure she's ok. I had covid in Dec 2020 before I was able to get vaccinated and it was horrible. I'm been trying to calm her down but she suffers from anxiety.

Stay safe out there! 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
9/3/21 7:28 p.m.
Appleseed said:

SWMBO is being visited by Aunt Flow.  It's Friday. Friday with long holiday weekend traffic ...and she's rage driving.

The rest of GRM:

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/4/21 6:50 a.m.

No one ever brings food into our office.  Yesterday I was stuck inside all day and someone brought fresh bakery donuts, and someone else brought a giant cookie tray. I came in this morning and most of a leftover pizza is in the fridge.  

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/4/21 7:02 a.m.

Everyone around me is getting sick. 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
9/4/21 9:57 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

No one ever brings food into our office.  Yesterday I was stuck inside all day and someone brought fresh bakery donuts, and someone else brought a giant cookie tray. I came in this morning and most of a leftover pizza is in the fridge.  

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
9/5/21 7:15 a.m.

I replaced the pcv valve and hose on the Focus yesterday. I had to remove the intake manifold.  It was not fun. I did not like it.

stanger_mussle
9/5/21 7:58 a.m.

These little guys are everywhere now. The kitchen, master bath, and now my computer desk in the bedroom.

I'm about to go scorched earth on these motherberkeleying ants in my motherberkeleying house!

stanger_mussle
9/5/21 7:11 p.m.

Ex-GF has a 2009 R56 MINI. It's been giving her issues lately (insert shocked face). It sucks trying to diagnose over text. I don't know MINIs very well but I tried to help.

"Everything legit works. It just won't berkeleying start." 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
9/6/21 9:55 a.m.

Out of gas perhaps?

or a bad fuel pump/relay?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/6/21 9:58 a.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

"ex-gf"?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/6/21 10:40 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:

"ex-gf"?

Unless you're trying to remove the ex part of that, I'd move on from this text convo, myself... 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
9/6/21 10:58 a.m.

In laws are reliably unreliable, you just never know in what way they'll be unreliable so it becomes a real problem everytime it comes up.

Aka, when you invite us to share your pop-up camper with you, don't tell someone else you're going to pack the camper up that night, 10 minutes before our daughter goes to bed. Because rain was in the forecast and you didn't want to pack or tow a wet camper.

So we get to be the bad guys for starting a 4 hour drive after 8pm and leaving a night early, or we get to be the bad guys for telling in laws we need the place to stay they said we'd have from the beginning.

(We went home)

stanger_mussle
9/6/21 11:45 a.m.
jfryjfry said:

Out of gas perhaps?

or a bad fuel pump/relay?

That was my guess as well.

stanger_mussle
9/6/21 11:50 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:

"ex-gf"?

We dated for 2.5 years when I was stationed here. I had to PCS and tried the long distance relationship thing for about a year but couldn't make it work.

Now that I'm back in the area, we both agreed to try and rekindle the relationship.

We will see...

stanger_mussle
9/6/21 11:56 a.m.

So, after trying to diagnose her R56 unsuccessfully, she Ubered to her brother's house to borrow his vehicle so she can get to work. I then got this text this morning:

stanger_mussle
9/6/21 12:10 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Ever have a headache for so bad for so long this becomes a viable option?

This is me today crying

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/6/21 12:17 p.m.
stanger_mussle said:
Mr_Asa said:

"ex-gf"?

We dated for 2.5 years when I was stationed here. I had to PCS and tried the long distance relationship thing for about a year but couldn't make it work.

Now that I'm back in the area, we both agreed to try and rekindle the relationship.

We will see...

Ahh.  Generally I don't hear from my ex's. 
Subconsciously I think I follow the military retirement conventions.  Ex means you got kicked out, former means you separated/retired with no problems.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/6/21 12:48 p.m.

Went to Walmart yesterday,even though that's a rant in itself, and we bought a lot of random things that Walmart is good for. Slightly rambling post commences:

We go to check out and see there is literally one lane open. Going thru self checkout would suck with what we are getting so we get in the semi long line. Everyone is short staffed so no big deal.

It's our turn and the checker is chatty. She is picking up extra shifts and tired from her day. My wife has been adding some purple to her hair and has a pack of hair dye. The checker grabs it to scan it and kinda looks at it and clutches it. She tells us that she really wants to dye her hair again but can't afford it, but with the extra shifts it should happen soon. 

It wasn't what she said that stuck me, it was how she said it. It wasn't a complaint about her job, it wasn't snarky......it was matter of fact. Like " here's a topic that everyone will understand, how hair dye is too expensive" like how people talk about the weather to talk about a subject everyone understands and will create a connection.

How horrible does your life have to be to be excited by the possibility to buy an $8 box of hair dye? Maybe she sucks with money, maybe she's not the most intelligent person but I got to believe that working extra hours at a full time job means you can afford such a small luxury.

The cost have living has jumped enormously in my area, places that rented for $450 are renting for $1450 now for one. Walmart starts at $18.25 here now so they aren't making federal minimum wage or anything either. I get that not spending too much is the secret to living comfortable and such too.

But I'm struck at just how wrong the world is going if there are people that can't afford $8 working a full time job and look at it as a multi month thing to save up for. The Antiwork Reddit is an odd place but some have it right. It's almost indentured servitude at that point and I don't think that this checker has much of a career path ahead of her. It's just......so sad to see and I wouldn't say I'm a lover of humanity by any means.

Hopefully that made some sort of sense.

1 ... 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zbZNZrGbrAaSTHfkhVAJkQxuMa8no5eQrVD4CRi7h5KZLuwLhKZJjosQ1HcC46Sg