1 ... 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 ... 1927
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/7/21 9:52 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I-71 runs parallel to I-90 and I-480 in a lot of Cleveland.

In Michigan, there is one Interstate (maybe state highway?) that kept its number, but its designation was changed from east/west to north/south.  Or vice versa.  Anyway, my GPS has 2011 map data so it is "interesting" to drive through there now.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/8/21 12:33 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
Appleseed said:

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

I have worked 65+ hr weeks and only had $1 left at the end for bread. It was that tight. It made me numb and (possibly) suicidal. At least she didn't seem bleak.

I would have preferred bleak, it would show some acknowledgement of the predicament she's in. I don't think I'm getting it across but the horrible part was the acceptance, it didn't seem even like a thought out sort of thing.

More..." This is what I get in life, I can't expect more obviously, no one can"

Raging against her fate would have been great. Muted acceptance would have been fine, this was a person thinking and acting like she was doing her part for society. Her part was to spend her life away getting nothing.

I'm explaining it badly

Nah, I get it.

Closest quote I can think of offhand: 
The Empire's got something worse than whips all right. It's got obedience. Whips in the soul. They obey anyone who tells them what to do. Freedom just means being told what to do by someone different.”  
― Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times

Exactly that

9/8/21 12:36 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Raging gets exhausting, people that are able to accept it seem to find ways to be happy with life in general. 

I don't disagree but my gut reaction made me think that it wasn't a conscious decision, which is what I thought was sad.

I don't know, I always feel like I can change/better the situation if I try and it's brought me misery in the times that I absolutely can't change anything so maybe it's a decent way to live.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/8/21 1:34 p.m.

Went to pee in a cup today for my new job (which is the first time I've had to do that since I started college, which is weird.)  First attempt I didn't have to pee enough.  So I sat there in the waiting room for an hour and a half and over that time I drank down all of my water in my thermos.  Didn't feel like I had to pee, so I refilled and drank another one.  Went to refill again and had to pee.
80 oz of water in an hour and a half.  Now I'm home and I'm peeing every 5 damn minutes

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/8/21 1:35 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Exactly that

I don't know that I've ran across a situation involving the human condition that doesn't have an appropriate Terry Pratchett quote.

GNU Terry Pratchett.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/8/21 4:10 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to mtn :

I-71 runs parallel to I-90 and I-480 in a lot of Cleveland.

In Michigan, there is one Interstate (maybe state highway?) that kept its number, but its designation was changed from east/west to north/south.  Or vice versa.  Anyway, my GPS has 2011 map data so it is "interesting" to drive through there now.

I69 is a north south in Indiana and parts of Michigan and an east west for the rest of Michigan. I drove on the east/west part today and it throws me every time.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
9/9/21 7:48 a.m.

Just got a shipping notification for a part I ordered in July, that was supposed to take a week.  Perfect timing, as we're probably going to be out of town when it arrives...

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/9/21 8:28 a.m.

About a month ago, on the way to an autocross I had one of the adjusters for my Blackbird Fabworx spoilers rattle loose and fall off. That Monday I messaged them about getting a replacement adjuster, since their website lists replacement Lexan panels but not replacement adjusters. A week later I got a response that they would add a link to the website later that day for purchasing replacement adjusters and send me the link in another e-mail. I never got an e-mail and I've been checking their website every day and there has been no added link for purchasing replacement adjusters. Two weeks ago, I sent an e-mail asking what the status was. No response. Yesterday I e-mailed them again, requesting a replacement adjuster. Still waiting to hear back.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/9/21 10:35 a.m.

It's an interstate highway. Interstate. Look where it starts and look where it ends.  Locally,  I94 runs North and South.  94 starts in Billings, Montana  and ends in Huron, Michigan. Decidedly East and West. Interstates don't care bout no local, fool.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
9/9/21 1:51 p.m.

Just found out my little city government is about to get a LOT worse. We fought for years to remove corruption but it is back and not going anywhere anytime soon. This week's shady-as-berkeley council meeting was the beginning of a power consolidation. All the people who ran on "transparency" just closed the berkeleying door on the citizens and turned out the lights.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
9/9/21 2:51 p.m.

I had such a good ride last night I decided to skip the gym this morning and get another ride in instead. Mrs. P convinced me that it would work out better if we did our errands first, then rode after. So I waited until she was ready, getting the bike and everything loaded up so I could leave as soon as we get back.

Completely out of the blue, on our way home it started pouring, and now the track is a muddy disaster.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
9/9/21 7:49 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

I had six weeks of radio silence on the parts that just shipped (Kraken)... I really don't care how long it takes, as long as the vendor is honest, and communicates.  If you tell me "next week" and then go dark, I'm not gonna be happy... 

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/10/21 9:26 p.m.

I fell off of the vaping bandwagon tonight. I bought a vape at a local store. I quit vaping in 2018.

Life is berkeleying hard sad

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/10/21 9:34 p.m.

My ex just texted me; our son made the varsity football team as a sophomore! I'm so proud of the man he is becoming!

But I haven't seen my son or my daughter in 7 years crying

This burden is literally crushing me. I went through a soul crushing divorce 10 years ago. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/11/21 3:39 p.m.

10mm bolt head, 3/8-16 threads.  What the berkeley!?  Hardware that came with an LS header.  They should be 8mm X 1.25

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/11/21 4:32 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

I quit smoking 25+ years ago and I still have occasional smoking dreams and lots of times my deceased mother appears with the smoking.  

It's always weird when I wake up.   

9/11/21 10:20 p.m.

And as winter approaches I go thru the semi annual studded mud tire search. My favorite tires don't have the size I need for the k1500 so I'll gave to call around. This means everyone will tell me they arent the tire style I want even though I've been driving the roads up here for 2 decades. 

Yes, I've tried other alternatives but no.....they don't work as well. I understand what you are saying Mr Tire Store Guy but I swear, studded mud terrians are magical for what I drive on, just get me a price for those....

Pete. (l33t FS)
9/13/21 3:57 p.m.

Trying to do an induction clean on a Five Hundred.

It won't go anywhere near WOT in Neutral, so I can't clear the engine out.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/21 7:50 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Fiat or Ford?  If I remember right our Fiat didn't want to rev with the hood open. I think there was some kind of hood open alert. 

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
9/13/21 7:50 p.m.

what are your thoughts on putting it on jackstands and dropping it into gear?

Pete. (l33t FS)
9/13/21 8:07 p.m.

Ford.

Jackstands would be a no bueno as the traction control would also have a freakout, and I am not doing that on jackstands anyway for safety reasons.  And not doing it in the shop on a lift for air quality reasons.  (The carbon being cleaned out can be very smoky)

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
9/13/21 8:46 p.m.

Hmm... What are your thoughts on just smoking out the back alley road? 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/13/21 9:10 p.m.

I just want to go to bed.  I don't want to figure out why the alarm system thinks there's an overhead door open.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/13/21 9:11 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Toro - bought a new Timemaster mower - spent $1100 + tax?  No manuals any more.  

Spring - call and they promise to send out a set. 

Late Summer- call and they see my 1st request and they promise to send out a set.  Put a rush on the order.  

Now I need to call again?   

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
9/13/21 11:25 p.m.

One CRS5700B3D-1 Eagle rod on perpetual back order.
$120.00 shipped, a full set of eight is under $450.00

I still think I gave it to the machine shop but they say I did not.
Cannot complete balancing the 327 without it.

1 ... 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CCXxmRTRHw0cZtfGQiR6myyRKxLiUIMeIamNDx1LArfyQNovxCn0nRPmXc4xPBJR