1 ... 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 ... 1926
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/14/22 7:52 a.m.

In reply to wae :

Might just be gout. How it started for me.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/14/22 7:59 a.m.

In reply to wae :

Gout?  How are your eating habits?

[edit] Late to the party, I see.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/14/22 8:09 a.m.

For the love of Bob, people, it's:

O M I C R O N

not:

omnicron

ocrimon

omacran

etc*

Even if you can't spell, it's not that hard to pronounce.

* These are all things I've actually heard people say.

wae
wae PowerDork
1/14/22 8:49 a.m.

My diet consists of pretty much anything that's slower than me and I'm relatively fast...

I guess I'm off to a doctor again.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/14/22 9:00 a.m.

In reply to wae :

Last night, I finally got my shrimp scampi to come out really right.  Woke up this morning to a bit of gout.

I guess that's why it tasted so good- It's got all the bad stuff in it.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/14/22 9:46 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I just need to make a cylindrical part with a hole in it and save it as a stl. I have used Solidworks/Solidedge/Autocad for 15 years and Sketchup makes zero effing sense to me. I will probably just draw it in NX at work today to be honest

wae
wae PowerDork
1/14/22 9:50 a.m.

Wow.  My doctor is really good.  As soon as I booked the appointment, my toe stopped hurting.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/14/22 10:07 a.m.
wae said:

Wow.  My doctor is really good.  As soon as I booked the appointment, my toe stopped hurting.

Friday I woke up in crippling pain, said berkeley it and finally called a dentist. Got an appointment for Monday morning. All weekend I could do little more than sleep, even that was rough. Monday morning woke up perfectly fine. 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/14/22 10:08 a.m.

I'd like to see a sports league ban team doctors, give each player a PPO card, an HSA card, and an HRA card, and just let them figure that E36 M3 out themselves without any training. It's the most unrealistic part of professional sports. There's no way a real someone is getting hurt on Sunday and seeing someone about it in a week without going to the ER.

"Looks like Berkeley is out again this week. He had scheduled an MRI, but got two conflicting letters about what it would cost. A representative for the team said he's keeping focused, and reports having made seven calls to get through the menu system at his insurance, but later found that the number was for a contractor who sends letters for his insurance, and can only answer questions about ankle claims."

"That's right Bob, also, calling an error on his prescription drug pickup, where he swiped his HRA card. A rookie move."

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/14/22 10:12 a.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic :

I don't know about exporting to an STL file, but the drawing tools are straightforward.

For a circle, choose the circle tool, click on the center, and drag a radius.

Down in the bottom right corner of the screen is a little input box. Before you click the center, type in the number of segments you want the circle to be. I think 24 is default but I usually set that to 96 or 128 for better resolution.

Once you click the center, that box changes to radius. You can type in an exact dimension that you want.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/22 10:22 a.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic :

You might try Fusion 360. It takes a pretty healthy computer to run it but it's pretty intuitive. 

Toyman!
1/14/22 11:48 a.m.

Out of all the information on the internet, Baby Shark is the first video to surpass 10 billion views? Seriously?

You can't blame this on the kids, there are only about 2 billion of them on the planet and a large portion of them have no internet access. 

I refuse to embed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZsoesa55w

It's no wonder this planet is so berkeleyed up. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/14/22 11:53 a.m.

One week as a scrum master and I hate Agile development even more.  I think I figured part of that out, too.  While I know some people can't get E36 M3 done if they don't have a close deadline looming ahead of them, I'm kind of the opposite.  The less time you give me, the less motivated I get.  I'm pretty productive when I'm not facing constant deadlines.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/22 12:10 p.m.
Toyman! said:

You can't blame this on the kids, there are only about 2 billion of them on the planet and a large portion of them have no internet access.

No it makes total sense if you have any idea how many times the kids that do have Internet access have played that video...per day.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/14/22 12:20 p.m.

This could go under "TIL" or "Minor Rant" but it pissed me off, so it's going here. So today I learned that no one at GM has a clue how the cooling fans work on a new truck.

I had a 2022 Chevy Silverado with a Check Engine Light, setting a P0494 Engine Cooling Fan 1 Underspeed. I pop the hood and both fans are running. Pull up the diagnostics and while the codes refer to Engine Cooling Fan 1 and Engine Cooling Fan 2, the diagnostic procedure refers to Engine Cooling Fan - Left and Engine Cooling Fan - Right, with no statement of which is which. Go into the scan tool and command Engine Cooling Fan 1 and neither cooling fan turns on. I go in and command Engine Cooling Fan 2 on and both fans turn on. Hmm. Thinking that maybe the Cooling Fan 1 is a high-speed operation and Cooling Fan 2 is a low-speed operation or vice versa. Thinking that the system description and operation in Service Information might shed some light on the situation I open the document and it just says "the cooling fan system uses two fans controlled by pulse width modulation over a LIN bus, with the ECM as a driver." Less than helpful. Following the diagnostic procedure for the code, which is literally just "Test for 8-10V on terminal 4 at the fan" tells me I need to replace both fans since neither turn on at the Engine Cooling Fan 1 command but have 9V on the serial data circuit. Clearly both fan motors work, because they turn on with the one command, so how would replacing them fix anything? And the wiring is clearly okay, since again, they both turn on at some point, so they are getting power, ground and serial data. I'm leaning towards ECM but decided to call GM just to play it safe.

I call GM Technical Assistance Center and the engineer basically says the same thing I do: "Huh, there's no explanation of what Cooling Fan 1 and Cooling Fan 2 constitute." He proceeds to put me on hold for 30 minutes, comes back and goes "Well, I spoke to a bunch of people and nobody seems to understand how this system works or what Cooling Fan 1 or 2 are, so, uh, just go ahead and put a pair of fan motors in it." Wow, confidence-inspiring. No one at GM knows how their truck works. What, did you fire the entire cooling fan engineering staff after they finished their work on the truck?

Oh, and the fans are on intergalactic backorder.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/14/22 12:21 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
Toyman! said:

No it makes total sense if you have any idea how many times the kids that do have Internet access have played that video...per day.

My kid knew the dance to it 4 months ago from daycare, and we never played it once here. It came on youtube at home about a month ago via the autoplay, and she immediately started doing the dance. It has been a regular feature here when I'm WFH and she's home from daycare for Omicron reasons. While we haven't seen this one THAT much, we have seen Baby Beluga probably 300 times in the last 3 months. That isn't an exaggeration at all. If you include the times that I've sung it to her with the book (because we try to limit screen time), its probably closer to 600. 3 times a day minimum for the last 5 months. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/14/22 12:24 p.m.
Duke said:

For the love of Bob, people, it's:

O M I C R O N

not:

omnicron

ocrimon

omacran

etc*

Even if you can't spell, it's not that hard to pronounce.

* These are all things I've actually heard people say.

I've heard Mr. Science himself pronounce it as Omnicorn. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/22 12:27 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Dexacool, Dextron..

Dexos  is the only one I hear consistently pronounced correctly.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
1/14/22 1:28 p.m.

Just got a new pair of Muck boots, and I swear they're narrower than my old ones. Don't know if they've changed molds/lasts, or if they just need to be broken in.

Toyman!
1/14/22 1:34 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
Toyman! said:

That doesn't say much for the future of the human race if that's what we are showing our kids. That's infinitely worse than the fat purple bastard that was around when my kids were growing up. 

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/14/22 1:42 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to Duke :

Dexacool, Dextron..

Dexos  is the only one I hear consistently pronounced correctly.

I don't know why DexTron pisses me off so much but for some reason it does. I want to smack whoever I hear say it.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/14/22 2:56 p.m.
Toyman! said:
GameboyRMH said:
Toyman! said:

That doesn't say much for the future of the human race if that's what we are showing our kids. That's infinitely worse than the fat purple bastard that was around when my kids were growing up. 

I can assure you that it is equally as bad as Barney.

Mr. Rogers is still the best though. 

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/14/22 3:06 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

If it's PWM, can you scope it to compare the CF1 signal and CF2 signal?

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/14/22 3:33 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

One week as a scrum master and I hate Agile development even more.  I think I figured part of that out, too.  While I know some people can't get E36 M3 done if they don't have a close deadline looming ahead of them, I'm kind of the opposite.  The less time you give me, the less motivated I get.  I'm pretty productive when I'm not facing constant deadlines.

I'm so glad I don't spend my time in Agile sprint planning meetings anymore.  I mean, when the guidance given to everyone who touches a given project is to get together in a single room to work out a plan, but be sure to bring your laptop so you can get some productive work done as well...

That was at least something that got more tolerable as the worksite had to go primarily remote.

My main take on Agile is that there are certainly less expensive ways to come up with plans you aren't going to be able to execute.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/14/22 3:36 p.m.

Somehow ended up listening to gongs, I was looking at a custom cymbal manufacturer and he makes some. The wife heard one and decided we needed a gong do we listened to more. The one that's the best sound ever is huge and cost.,......wait for it

A little over 27k. I still want a gong....but not that one

1 ... 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P7tu8MWZcdnGLaBI3qBZLh3G2zDSwAvrr7J0Ag7XpEj5XJhDAcEG77yIDpiBNS64