1 ... 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 ... 1927
Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/1/22 4:52 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

Ever get behind somebody in the supermarket that isn't doing anything wrong but:

They're walking slow, have a list of things to get that matches yours, so they're going the same way as you and they manage to be in your way the entire time? Even if you skip an aisle, because they move into that aisle, too?

I had that person in the store with me all though the store, into the single checkout lane that was open and- guess what? About three miles down the road. They drove exactly like they shopped.

Yep.  Every damn shopping trip.

They are usually on the phone the entire time, too.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/1/22 5:49 p.m.

Friday afternoon at work. Getting ready for a fun weekend. What's that tickle in my throat?  Why are my ears popping?  Why am I getting achey?  berkeley, I'd better not be getting a bug!  Come home and sleep for an hour before dinner.  Still feeling crappy. This better be gone by tomorrow!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/22 6:05 p.m.

In reply to PMRacing :

I get that every time it cools off from 95 degrees to 70 degrees.  Every time.

No Time
No Time SuperDork
7/1/22 9:36 p.m.

At work it's the equivalent of:

I know it take 9 months for one woman to take a baby from fertilization to birth. But if we meet and talk about it can we have 9 women accomplish the same thing in 1 month?

SMH....

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
7/2/22 9:35 a.m.

I don't know how people survive as single parents. Wife is out of town at a conference for a week and I have the two year old. About to have a breakdown.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/2/22 12:41 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic :

I've learn to let E36 M3 slide. Dirty? We'll wait till later to clean up. Screaming because I wont let you stick s fork in an electrical outlet? Yeah, I don't care.

Being deaf helps.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/2/22 12:48 p.m.

This weekend isn't exactly the happiest time for me. The anniversary of my mom's death falls in it, my dog got sick and died during this weekend years later and bad stuff always seems to follow me on this weekend.

I feel like drinking heavily and sleeping, that's pretty much it

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/2/22 1:37 p.m.
CAinCA said:

In reply to Peabody :

Sorry man. My MIL is on this path and as if that's not bad enough it's turned my FIL into a selfish psychopath. I don't wish it on anyone.

I'm supposed to be at work, But at Mom's now. She was wandering and the neighbour called, worried. Stepdad said to me, why aren't you doing more? What did I ever do to you?

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/2/22 2:11 p.m.
No Time said:

At work it's the equivalent of:

I know it take 9 months for one woman to take a baby from fertilization to birth. But if we meet and talk about it can we have 9 women accomplish the same thing in 1 month?

SMH....

Sounds like Bachelor Homemaking.  If it takes 3 hours to cook a pot roast at 250*, then it should only take 1  1/2 hours to cook at 500*, and only 45 minutes at 1000*...

wae
wae PowerDork
7/2/22 2:50 p.m.
Peabody said:
CAinCA said:

In reply to Peabody :

Sorry man. My MIL is on this path and as if that's not bad enough it's turned my FIL into a selfish psychopath. I don't wish it on anyone.

I'm supposed to be at work, But at Mom's now. She was wandering and the neighbour called, worried. Stepdad said to me, why aren't you doing more? What did I ever do to you?

My wife works for the state processing the applications for long term care assistance through Medicare.  From what I understand, there are a number of attorneys that specialize in structuring financials such that the remaining spouse can keep the house and whatnot while the one that needs a care facility can be moved in.  Obviously your stepdad would have to agree, but you may have options and some of them may even include non-institutional care.  I'd be happy to find out any details I can from her.  We're in KY, but it's a federal program, so there's some level of standardization.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
7/2/22 3:01 p.m.

Apparently it's going to two applications of stripper to get the paint off this berkeleying deck.

And the pressure washer my buddy loaned me - the o-ring connect the hose to the wand fell apart and it just started spraying me down 3/4 of the way through spraying everything off. I just gave up and accepted the inevitable at that point.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/22 7:58 p.m.

A year ago, right after my Father's heart surgery, I had to take him to an oncologist because of a mass in his bladder.  It looked worse than it was, but it was cancer.  The guy we saw was the "heavy hitter" and told us we did not need him now,  but to go back to his regular doc and get set up to take care of it.  Well. several trips to rehab later and it never got taken care of.  Got the word from his doc today, he's probably got days to live at most.

The cancer has spread everywhere. Bladder, Kidneys, liver, lungs, back, and brain.  He's in hospital and refusing to eat, he knows it is the end. All we could do it was order morphine and let him sleep till the inevitable occurs.

All of this could have been preventable!  Fifteen years ago he was told to get the valve in his heart fixed.  They could have done it with a scope and been in great shape.  Instead he choose to let it go until it almost killed him.  It gave him massive gran mal seizures and eventually required open heart surgery to fix.  It has been completely downhill ever since.  Two month long stays in rehab,  months spent sitting down in his rooms getting high rather than dealing with the growing cancer, and now this.  

While I am not going to miss my father much,  he was much too cruel to me and my mother over the years for me to have genuine good feelings for the man, nobody deserves to die like this.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/2/22 8:02 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

Sorry to hear it. My aunt was the same in many ways.  Some forms of suicide are very slow.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
7/2/22 10:38 p.m.

I don't know how my kids manages to always find a way to get hurt. Broke his arm first day of kindergarten, constantly falling off rocks and trees, bumps and bruises almost daily. Some are more interesting though. Like when he manages three cuts on his head at the same time. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/3/22 12:05 a.m.

This picture is from about 4 years ago, and If you look closely, you might see no window in the door.  I drove the car back from the paint shop Thursday, all yellow as can be, and thought, I'd better get that window ordered.  I then looked at the door, and it had a window in it.

I have no idea when, where or who it came from.  At all.  Like, not even a faint clue.

This concerns me a tiny bit for the future of my brain.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/3/22 3:00 a.m.

I know you busted your ass to make things as good as you could for him, regardless of the relationship. It says so much about you. I hope you and your dad find peace.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/3/22 4:06 a.m.

I have either been attacked by mutated poison oak from Chernobyl or was given the placebo shot at the doc in the box. It has spread more in the past 36 hours than the preceding 120 hours, WTF?

Edit: So far I have managed not to get it on my hootus...maybe that should go in the minor win thread?

mad_machine
7/3/22 10:38 a.m.
secretariata (Forum Supporter) said:

I have either been attacked by mutated poison oak from Chernobyl or was given the placebo shot at the doc in the box. It has spread more in the past 36 hours than the preceding 120 hours, WTF?

Edit: So far I have managed not to get it on my hootus...maybe that should go in the minor win thread?

don't get it on your bung either....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/3/22 11:21 a.m.

I hate Lee Greenwood.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/3/22 11:37 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I hate Lee Greenwood.

Be like me, and have no idea who Lee Greenwood is.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/3/22 12:28 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Ah'm proud t'be an American ,

Where at least I know I'm free...

Thank your lucky stars you're  Canadian and don't hear that godawful song wobbling out crappy PAs EVERY INDEPENDENCE DAY.  I love my country. I don't need some E36 M3ty song to remind me. Certainly not one that panders to the lowest common denominator: the patiot that buys the Tshirt and waves a giant flag, but doesn't actually do anything meaningful to better his country.  No thank you.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/22 1:04 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

"Hey Jake, where's the window from this car we painted?"

"Must have lost it. I'll grab one from a junkyard"

mad_machine
7/3/22 1:15 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I know you busted your ass to make things as good as you could for him, regardless of the relationship. It says so much about you. I hope you and your dad find peace.

Thank you.  He is coming home tomorrow for the last time.  Nobody deserves to die in a hospital.  Afterwards the Navy will take his body for a proper sailor's burial.

wae
wae PowerDork
7/3/22 2:50 p.m.

One of the hydraulic cylinders on my lift is spewing fluid.  I guess now I get to test out the warranty...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/3/22 3:37 p.m.

Father-in-law's lived in his house since 1963.  

He randomly calls a house flipper to see what he can get but he's 4-6 months away from cleaning out his valuable "stuff".   

I call flipper to tell her to cancel and she agrees he shouldn't have called if he's not ready to take her cash offer and quickly move out.  

We try to explain the "low ball" concept but he thinks she'll bring a high offer.  

1 ... 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8WIGccEsXpwIHdeclV5soDAvkahAXp5k6jwcSC5XNTyaS28OA6q60wAGtzouYX7P