1 ... 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 ... 1926
Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
8/2/22 9:01 p.m.

Dear companies,

Quit focus grouping name and logo changes!!!!

If I can't figure out where you went, I'll go to who hasn't left. And it shouldn't take a few millions in ad campaigning to tell me who you are that still leaves me perplexed.

EDIT: I wrote this after watching a LL something commerical for what used to be lumber liquidators. They still sell the same damn E36 M3 as before. I passed a "new" signage and freestanding building of a Golden Corral, on I40 in NC, that's just sad. Very much looks like the sad looking Mickeyd's we have now.

You want to know who hasn't changed logos, that I can tell, in the past 2, 3, or maybe 4 decades? Waffle House. Pals. Home Depot. I'm sure there are others.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/3/22 7:21 a.m.

I understand putting things in layman's terms for say a Time article or a blog post, but maybe leave your pre peer reviewed articles as specifically scientific and in depth as possible huh? When you're completely changing and negating definitions to make it understandable for the "common" person, you're totally destroying the work itself. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/3/22 8:03 a.m.

I hate my job, and the management just doubled the workload and scope of what i do. With no extra pay. 

Im already doing 50+ hour weeks with my job, let alone this whole other position that was just added. 

Seriously burned out, its affected my ability to be a good husband and father. 

Gotta find something soon. Gotta. 

Guess ill keep applying. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/3/22 11:03 a.m.

Not sure where to put this:

Is it appropriate to send a second e-mail to a company where you're applying for a job asking, "Did you get my initial e-mail? I am very interested in this position and haven't heard back from you"?

It's been a week and a half since sending a resume on a position that I know I'm qualified for and have gotten very fast responses from every similar place I've applied. I'm seriously wondering if my initial e-mail just got lost in the shuffle.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/3/22 11:35 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

I'd be tempted to call, another email might get lost in the same shuffle. You'd be surprised what a call can do.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/3/22 2:39 p.m.

I just received an email (8/3) asking if I was ready for my new washer delivery on 8/6.

Yes, I am.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/3/22 5:14 p.m.

My local grocery store stopped selling dried beef.

No E36 M3 on a shigle for me. FML

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
8/3/22 5:29 p.m.

Was already having a crappy day, then it was pointed out to me that today would have been my father's 75th birthday.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/3/22 7:37 p.m.

My in-laws are back in town. Holy Crap. They are off the berkeleying rails lately. It was nice and quiet for a couple weeks. FML.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/3/22 10:24 p.m.

We are reaching the part of the year where I get the weird phone calls from highly desperate people to get their concrete. This year though they seem weirder and weirder.

Also had someone complain about an ice problem they had......in August. That doesn't sound right

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/3/22 10:46 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

You'd be surprised what a call can do.

When I was interviewing outside salespeople I was vague as to our next conversation as I wanted to see some aggressiveness in them.   Hopefully they'll contact me on a call.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/4/22 3:57 a.m.

How berkeleying hard is it to locate a rear drum bleeder screw for a Focus? Oh, they list them as fitting, but I already tried that game. No, your computer site is wrong. I'm looking right at the mangled original. They do not, in any conceivable way, match. M10x1.0. It's that simple. I'm this close to buying a wheel cylinder and robbing the bleeder.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/4/22 9:00 a.m.

Well that was a thoroughly unsatisfying 5 hours of sleep.

wae
wae PowerDork
8/4/22 9:09 a.m.

This dude has the exact part I need and I am willing to throw just about any amount of money at him to get those parts...  You advertised them on craigslist so I assume that you intended to turn those parts into hundred dollar bills.  Why won't you just email me back and tell me where to send the money!?!

Anybody in the Baltimore area able to try to deal with the guy in person and ship this thing back to me?  I can arrange for a very nice bottle of brown liquor for your troubles....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/4/22 9:29 a.m.
mtn said:

Well that was a thoroughly unsatisfying 5 hours of sleep.

You got 5 hours of sleep?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/4/22 10:44 a.m.

I hate hate Microsoft Teams, OneDrive and Sharepoint.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/4/22 11:51 a.m.
93EXCivic said:

I hate hate Microsoft Teams, OneDrive and Sharepoint.

You mean those apps that result in you getting continuously interrupted while you spend your time trying to find the files someone thinks will help you get your job done?

Then there's what happens when your company adds a layer of export controls over the top of it. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/4/22 12:57 p.m.

Grape Gatorade brake fluid. Maybe it's a good thing I had to bleed the  new brake line.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/4/22 1:00 p.m.

In reply to wae :

I can, sent you a PM

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/4/22 1:23 p.m.
93EXCivic said:

I hate hate Microsoft.

FTFY.

And Adobe.

yep, podium steps all the way to 12th.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
8/4/22 1:35 p.m.

Why is it always the 90 degree days that the customers come in with blenderized baby mice in the blower motor? FFS.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
8/4/22 1:53 p.m.

Usps shows today, 8/4, as expected delivery. I doubt it. Tracking says it's still in Seattle, and I'm in Utah. It is a minor rant, but still. 

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/4/22 2:16 p.m.
Duke said:
93EXCivic said:

I hate hate Microsoft.

FTFY.

And Adobe.

Fair. But I also hate Apple and I don't like computers enough to figure out Linux.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/4/22 2:27 p.m.

After the better part of the week fighting with it and IT, my new work laptop now has... the minimum programs necessary for me to do the task I'm working on right now. Anything beyond that is still a work in progress. Apparently the main problem is they imaged it for the wrong group so it's a fight to get anything to install properly.

At least I'm not having to flip back and forth between the old and new laptop now. Maybe in a few weeks I'll trust that everything is installed and working enough to send back the old one- until then, it stays so I can use it for the things the new laptop still doesn't have working right.

1 ... 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d4Xs0mCl88B3cHG5V2OuLih3wyG37L0F7tgqP6TcsErKJUzVrleBqPxVXDJaRreH