1 ... 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 ... 1927
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/29/23 8:29 p.m.
RevRico said:

Don't order booze from topshelftreasures.com it's been 3 week and no contact at all

Is that that place you sent me that had all the ridiculous prices on everything? berkeley those guys. 

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
1/29/23 9:35 p.m.

Pissed off that yet again we didn't know about stuff going on until it was over. Left off the email list, left out of the group chat, always the same excuse. Except this time it was my kid who lost out on on a fun outing with his friends. Apparently someone did notice we weren't there, but couldn't be arsed to text or call to ask why. We didn't find out until the next day when all the parents got together for a different event. It did finally dawn on one of the organizers that we aren't in the "clique" of families (not for lack of trying or reaching out) and therefore get left out a lot. It isn't the first time we've been left out, but it will be the last because we're moving on. I'm done.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/29/23 9:49 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

That sucks. We see this all the time with local sports. It's an awful way to treat people. 

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/30/23 9:23 a.m.

83 year old man handkerchiefs are nasty. Especially when you find them unexpected when cleaning out pockets prior to laundry. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
1/30/23 9:52 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

Went on my first work trip in over 3 years.  Was great to see people I hadn't seen since 2019, and meet newer coworkers face to face.  However, this morning, I left the hotel room to load a bunch of luggage in my car, and grab a bite of breakfast.  Got back about 40 minutes later, and my door was propped open with the deadbolt.  I only had a messenger bag in there, but it had been rifled through, and my phone charger and cord were missing.  I think that is all that was gone.  Had to deal with hotel security, and I got the impression that what likely happened was housekeeping had opened up the room to make it easier to get into to clean, and someone (either housekeeping or another guest) went in.  Losing the charger isn't much of a bother, but I really hate the idea of people going through my stuff without being allowed to.  Hotel is going to reimburse me.  I gather they saw something on the security cameras.  I'm glad I was paranoid enough to haul my laptop bag and suitcase to the car before getting breakfast.

Just got off the call with the security contractor for the hotel.  My claim got rejected because the security logs didn't show access when I was out of the room.  It also showed that I got into the room between 1:30AM-2:30 AM Friday morning after the company event.  I was in the room and settled in before 10 PM Thursday.  I don't even care about the $30 or so it would cost to replace the cable and charger.  I'm more annoyed someone was digging through my stuff!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/30/23 10:12 a.m.
eastsideTim said:
eastsideTim said:

Went on my first work trip in over 3 years.  Was great to see people I hadn't seen since 2019, and meet newer coworkers face to face.  However, this morning, I left the hotel room to load a bunch of luggage in my car, and grab a bite of breakfast.  Got back about 40 minutes later, and my door was propped open with the deadbolt.  I only had a messenger bag in there, but it had been rifled through, and my phone charger and cord were missing.  I think that is all that was gone.  Had to deal with hotel security, and I got the impression that what likely happened was housekeeping had opened up the room to make it easier to get into to clean, and someone (either housekeeping or another guest) went in.  Losing the charger isn't much of a bother, but I really hate the idea of people going through my stuff without being allowed to.  Hotel is going to reimburse me.  I gather they saw something on the security cameras.  I'm glad I was paranoid enough to haul my laptop bag and suitcase to the car before getting breakfast.

Just got off the call with the security contractor for the hotel.  My claim got rejected because the security logs didn't show access when I was out of the room.  It also showed that I got into the room between 1:30AM-2:30 AM Friday morning after the company event.  I was in the room and settled in before 10 PM Thursday.  I don't even care about the $30 or so it would cost to replace the cable and charger.  I'm more annoyed someone was digging through my stuff!

Only a crackhead or a kleptomaniac would bother to steal a phone charger...

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
1/30/23 10:41 a.m.
NY Nick said:

In reply to slefain :

That sucks. We see this all the time with local sports. It's an awful way to treat people. 

Supposedly we are "on the list now" and everyone "feels real sorry" but it will only last a few months. Soon a new contact method will take over, the "in" people will migrate to it and we'll be out of the loop yet again.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/30/23 11:36 a.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

I'll be honest - my dad carried those.  I'm totally a Kleenex kinda guy. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/30/23 12:52 p.m.

When I schedule something, that means I'm going to have my people show up to do the job. That does not mean I want my people standing around waiting for you to do your job before we can start doing ours. I really try to avoid these situations which is why I called you last week to verify that you were ready, you lying berkeley. That's $170/hour standing around watching you do work that should have been completed long before we ever showed up. 

Seriously, you want the best prices but then berkeley me over with unnecessary labor costs? Thanks, ass hole. I will remember this the next time you complain about costs. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/30/23 12:59 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Some of my "customers" get an extra 20% thrown on top every time, just because.  It's not all that hard to get put on the list...

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/30/23 1:08 p.m.

So am I just an idiot (I'm more than an idiot) or is the Kindle store unnecessarily difficult to sort through?

I'm referring specifically to in the Kindle itself, but through Amazon's website isn't really any better. 

I don't know what I want to read. I have a genre in mind though. Where the hell did the genre filter go? Why are you showing me books that have nothing remotely to do with anything you've watched me read over the last two years? I'm positive I don't want any romance collections, but where did that time distortion series I marked for download and don't have disappear to?  I just finished AND REVIEWED that series, why recommend the first 2 books again?

It was so much easier just downloading essentially full libraries from pirate bay and reading them on my tablet at my leisure.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/30/23 1:12 p.m.

Agree that the kindle store sucks. I'm lucky that my library has a bunch of licenses for kindle, so I just go to their website and go from there. 

wae
wae PowerDork
1/30/23 2:05 p.m.

Apparently shingles aren't just those things that cover the roof.  Damn, I feel like my side is on fire.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
1/30/23 2:08 p.m.
wae said:

Apparently shingles aren't just those things that cover the roof.  Damn, I feel like my side is on fire.

E36 M3 dude, please get to the doctor (or urgent care) ASAP.  The quicker they get you on antivirals the less severe it will be.  I have recurring nerve pain from it that I'll likely have for my whole life by not dealing with it fast enough.

wae
wae PowerDork
1/30/23 2:28 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
wae said:

E36 M3 dude, please get to the doctor (or urgent care) ASAP.  The quicker they get you on antivirals the less severe it will be.  I have recurring nerve pain from it that I'll likely have for my whole life by not dealing with it fast enough.

Already done.  I've got something waiting for me at the pharmacy (in theory).

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/30/23 5:03 p.m.

Damn you, Autodesk.

Revit prompts you to save every 30 minutes (fine) plus I grew up working for a CAD fascist (also fine) so I learned that you save early and save often.  I do so - probably every 15 minutes maximum and more often if I'm doing some tricksy work.

Revit crashed and apparently ignored all my waypoint saves since about lunchtime, so when I relaunched it I lost about 3 hours' work, plus even though I told it to save me a timestamped version of my local copy instead of overwriting it, the local copy also reverted.

So now I get to re-do about 3 hours of fiddly work.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/30/23 5:44 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

X10 - I had spots and the Teladoc insurance guy said it's nothing.  Wife said no, that's shingles.  Got a face to face doc and medication.  All went well.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/30/23 9:37 p.m.

We got scammed out of $4,900 by an outfit posing as a legitimate job recruiter. It's being handled. But we are in serious financial E36 M3.

j_tso
j_tso Dork
1/30/23 9:41 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

that happened to me with AutoCAD last Friday. Definitely saved, but was all lost after a crash.

Karacticus
1/30/23 9:51 p.m.

At ER with my dad after PT decided he wasn't going to die on her watch. He's obviously got some kind of post-op internal medicine issue going on, probably related to the UTI he had immediately on returning home. 

His primary care provider turfed is back to the surgeon earlier today, like an orthopedic  surgeon is who you'd want to see in this situation. 

I also learned that his UTI was just handled (if I really have the story straight) between my sister the veterinarian and the ortho's assistance by just getting a script called in with no follow up other than just the dissappearance of most acute symptoms. I'm a little ticked at her over that. 

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/30/23 10:02 p.m.

In reply to j_tso :

It must be the week for CAD instability. SolidWorks has been randomly crashing for the past few days. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/30/23 10:11 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Dude, that sucks. Just makes me want to pimpslap the world. Surely it would be easier to just get a real berking job instead of being a douchebag scammer.

Best of luck to you - I hope it works out quickly.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/30/23 10:27 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I'm hoping it's not lip service and the outfit reimburses us. They sent her a check to purchase remote office equipment. They start getting pushy, so SWMBO decides that the hassle isn't worth it and attempts to send the money back. Except Zelle will only do $500 a week. The guy who was being pushy gets antsy over the weekend and withdraws the $4900 back from the account (SWMBO's) it was deposited into. In the meantime SWMBO sends back all but $400.

The account on the check is a real account confirmed by Wells-Fargo. She then went to our back for assistance.

The outfit said they would reimburse her, but it could be up to 10 days. If they do at all.

I'm leaving out a lot. I'd ask for her to repeat it, but Applewife is wound tighter than a squirrel on PCP. I'm not adding to that with questions just to post it here.

Karacticus
1/31/23 2:01 a.m.

My dad is such a GOMER

Karacticus
1/31/23 3:25 a.m.

And, 7+ hours after leaving the house for the ER, the diagnosis is kidney failure. 

1 ... 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8RdTVXNO5twc7vSzJ72lhoxLgkqfUeocSV2VyCHL0fmdhMktHew75RSgmFzeHAXh