1 ... 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 ... 1926
Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
3/17/23 10:24 a.m.
Peabody said:

My nose was stuffed up Monday, but I felt fine. It didn't stay that way and I've been gradually getting worse...

Got up at 7:45 this morning. I'm exhausted and ready to go back to bed after doing nothing the last few hours

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/17/23 11:08 a.m.

I have two boxes of laminate wood flooring left over from a previous project with trim. I was hoping to use it in my garage office but of course the stupid company not long makes that flooring. shiny happy people.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/23 12:48 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic :

I have a hospital that has run into a similar problem. The Formica used to laminate every door in the hospital is discontinued. That means that every replacement door will not match the rest of the building. The building is less than 5 years old. They are not happy. 

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/17/23 1:08 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

I am thinking I might do this. Mix some different ones together. 

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
3/17/23 1:49 p.m.

Avoid "American Auto Transport", a contract with them is worthless!
They will promise prompt service, they will tell you they have a driver and give you a delivery date.
Then they will not act on time, but will demand a price increase.
So now I have to start over, on a Friday. (Insert all the Bad words here!)

Toyman!
3/17/23 1:53 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic :

That's actually a great idea. I like the looks of that. 

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
3/17/23 2:33 p.m.

Here is your chance to screw with a scammer.
These vermin need a thousand calls an hour to jam their lines!
Tried to contact the real McAfee to let them know about this, but it seems to be impossible to reach anyone there.

McAfee
INVOICE
Thank your choosing McAfee Anti-Virus Total Security.
Customer Care:
+1 (854) 888-7456
We notify you that you have been charged $549.00 USD for this order.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/23 3:48 p.m.

You were JUST HERE.  Why you go back to Kentucky?

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/17/23 5:35 p.m.

You're not reading it correctly. I've explained it 4-5 times. Not going to keep doing it.

AKA: "English, Motherberkeleyer, Do You Speak It?"

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/17/23 6:57 p.m.

And I'm once again reminded of my complete and utter inability to get served at a bar

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
3/17/23 9:01 p.m.

Missed a call from the podiatrist today at 12:35 pm. I explain to everyone that I live on 3rd shift and just like all humans, I need at least SOME berkeleying sleep so, call before 10:00 am or after 3:00 pm. That's when I sleep. 

I tried calling back three times and never got through. Guess I'll just limp around for a while, try some at-home remedies, and add this to the long and ever-expanding list of injuries I'm dealing with to get through day-to-day life. Also while the wife and I were out of the house today, the dog managed to injure one of his dew claws. We called the vet when we got home and it's getting $fixed$ tomorrow. Maybe I'll ask the vet to take a look at my foot while we're there...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/23 9:21 p.m.

In reply to The_Jed :

Who knows, the vet may also give you something to make your coat shiny.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/17/23 10:13 p.m.

So.....my dad isn't doing well. Medically he's fine, a little pneumonia that is clearing with medication but other wise he's doing good.

But mentally it's another question.

The steroid psychosis hasn't fully abated and other medications aren't helping either, so being the stubborn man he is hes going with what he's good at: being stubborn. This means he really doesn't want to cooperate with his rehabilitation, because he doesn't really understand why it's necessary.

But here's the thing: his doctors know he's out of it yet when he says he doesn't want treatment and just wants to be left alone, they call me and freak out. Literally they say " He seems articulate,so he's obviously in his right mind and he doesn't want to do rehab and wants to be left alone, so we are gonna have a hospice consult".

He wants to be let out because he currently thinks he's in a berkeleying Ukrainian POW Camp. Of course he wants to be let to go home. When I mention this, they are like " well yeah, he thinks that......but he's articulate!"

I'm sorry my father isn't a dribbling idiot, but no.....he doesn't want to die now. I've had many talks with him about this, and recently. He was also raised Catholic and a part of him thinks giving up = suicide and I think everyone knows what that means.

berkeley am I tired of this conversation, and direct contact with my dad is very touch and go.

Basically, I'm just very tired 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/18/23 12:02 a.m.

Bro sent a text to me letting me know his kid passed away today with no details and services are private.  

Fricken eh - I'm sick to my stomach.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/18/23 1:26 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Oh, man. I'm a so, so sorry buddy.

Toyman!
3/18/23 7:05 a.m.

That is terrible. I can't even imagine. My condolences. 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/18/23 7:07 a.m.
Antihero said:

So.....my dad isn't doing well. Medically he's fine, a little pneumonia that is clearing with medication but other wise he's doing good.

But mentally it's another question.

The steroid psychosis hasn't fully abated and other medications aren't helping either, so being the stubborn man he is hes going with what he's good at: being stubborn. This means he really doesn't want to cooperate with his rehabilitation, because he doesn't really understand why it's necessary.

But here's the thing: his doctors know he's out of it yet when he says he doesn't want treatment and just wants to be left alone, they call me and freak out. Literally they say " He seems articulate,so he's obviously in his right mind and he doesn't want to do rehab and wants to be left alone, so we are gonna have a hospice consult".

He wants to be let out because he currently thinks he's in a berkeleying Ukrainian POW Camp. Of course he wants to be let to go home. When I mention this, they are like " well yeah, he thinks that......but he's articulate!"

I'm sorry my father isn't a dribbling idiot, but no.....he doesn't want to die now. I've had many talks with him about this, and recently. He was also raised Catholic and a part of him thinks giving up = suicide and I think everyone knows what that means.

berkeley am I tired of this conversation, and direct contact with my dad is very touch and go.

Basically, I'm just very tired 

It can be extremely extremely tiring caring for a loved one who may be "in and out" like that.  My wife's father lived his final 10 years in a state of semiconsciousness.  Worst part was that to cope with his difficulty breathing due to COPD he learned to recite a mantra.  And that mantra was "I'm sick", "I'm so sick", "oh I'm sick", on and on ad infinitum.  He didn't even know he was saying it.  I watched him transfer seamlessly one Thanksgiving from that constant mantra to "hey Bob, what time does the game start?".  I really don't know how my mother in law took it.  But like your father she was raised catholic and it was just part of her purpose on earth.

A 401 CJ
3/18/23 7:16 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Bro sent a text to me letting me know his kid passed away today with no details and services are private.  

Fricken eh - I'm sick to my stomach.

I'm not giving that a thumbs up.  Sorry.  

A 401 CJ
3/18/23 7:28 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

A 15 minute warning from the IT department that they are going to force my computer to reboot in the middle of the workday is way too short.  What is so important that it can't wait until the evening when they usually happen?  Makes me wonder if I need to be checking my home computer.

That's poor IT.  They get away with it a lot because management doesn't have a yardstick to compare them against.  I'm fortunate in that my company has great IT.  We get 5 postponements for up to 8 hours each before a critical update is "pushed".  So if your computer shuts down for an update it's kind of on you.  My wife's company (hospital no less), like you, has poor IT.  I didn't realize how bad it was until we both started working from home.  I'd hear her talking to her colleagues about their IT and just be flabbergasted.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/18/23 8:57 a.m.

I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with your families.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/18/23 9:06 a.m.

In reply to The_Jed :

DW had that and got over it. Two things really helped - arch support inserts and physical therapy.

The arch supports are about $30 a pair.  The brand she liked best were called PowerStep Pinnacle.

The physical therapy largely consisted of rocking her foot on this thing:

It also was not terribly expensive. You can't quite see it but it says "Foot Rocker" on the side.

With those things, it seemed to clear up in a month or 6 weeks, and hasn't come back.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
3/18/23 10:11 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Thanks, I'll look into those.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/18/23 11:50 a.m.

Oh man, that's terrible. I'm so sorry for your  loss. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/18/23 3:01 p.m.

Thanks everyone - I'm still in shock. 

My sister, then my dad, now my brother have all lost a child - I have no idea the pain they've dealt with.  

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/18/23 3:33 p.m.

Dang Duke wussies taking dives like a bunch of soccer players.  Refs ought to know better. 

1 ... 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5uRXl1cD6iL1NZWnywJTSLiS1HFojOJDkbqZHw92tRNeAq8nXhN6y1EnEEetMShu