1 ... 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 ... 1929
DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/7/23 6:59 p.m.

I seem to have lost several pounds this week!

From food poisoning. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/8/23 8:44 a.m.
Beer Baron said:
DarkMonohue said:

In reply to eastsideTim :

I'm told they're very expensive. There may be other factors but I can't recall. 

More expensive. Takes longer to kick in. Takes longer to fade out. Results are less predictable. Tougher to control level of effect.

And if you would ask me I'd say the benefits are that they're so much cheaper, the effects last way longer, and are so predictable.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
6/8/23 9:56 a.m.

W: Can you help me organize this chart? It's just a mess and I don't understand it. 
M: sure. Best to just scrap it and start clean. Here's what all this is and where it comes from, neatly annotated and easy to follow.

W: but my old chart disagrees with what you have here

M: ok I now have it highlighted and referenced so you can follow where all the parts came from. But the important stuff is right here, compressed into simple numbers for fast reference. 
W: but it's different from what I have on the old chart! I need all these notes so I understand it!

You asked me to help redo something, then get mad when I redo it. I'm out. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/23 10:26 a.m.
Beer Baron said:
DarkMonohue said:

I'm told they're very expensive. There may be other factors but I can't recall. 

More expensive. Takes longer to kick in. Takes longer to fade out. Results are less predictable. Tougher to control level of effect.

For as little as I smoke, I like the pen cartridges. Seems like they have a less pungent aroma, too. Also makes it really easy for me to dial in what effect I want by having strains with different effects in different pens and taking small hits off of each.

Be careful with those. Even the "legitimate" ones from stores and dispensaries. People are still running a lot of vitamin e as filler, which turns to vitamin e acetate, which is very very not for you. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/8/23 11:25 a.m.

I know this has been posted a bunch of times before, but when you do a craigslist market search, they allow you various ways to change the way they filter results, but the one thing that they don't allow you to do is a straight keyword search! Jesus titty-f-cking Christ! I can't tell you how much time I've spent sifting through pages of results looking for something that should be on the first line! What a POS!

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/8/23 1:29 p.m.

I am in the running for a new job, had an interview yesterday and it seemed to go well. Now I wait. I hate waiting, every minute it takes to get a call back seems like an eternity and I use the spare time to question my self worth and freak out about why they haven't called yet.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
6/8/23 1:59 p.m.

I was responsible and just moved a bunch of my "fun" money into my IRA to max it out for the year.  I now anticipate many really cool cars for sale nearby just over my budget in the near future.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/8/23 10:04 p.m.

My opinion of engineers didn't improve today.

Has anyone here changed the blower motor in an 09 or newer Volvo 60/70 series?  I would very much like to line up the design team, spike their scrotum to a table with the spikey portion of the installation tool, and rectally insert the alignment portion.  Sideways.  With the thumb screw still attached.   And this from a guy that's done at least 500 140/240 blower motors.

Dunlop swinging calipers.  On a Rover, which belongs to a guy I kinda like, because he promised to not tell anyone where he got his Saabs serviced, and has held to that.  A Dunlop swinging caliper is composed of 16 pieces, not counting seals and nuts.  It is every bit as complicated as anything German, but it doesn't work anything like as well.  And is diabolical difficult to get the two return springs back in place.

Then there is the neighbor of a long term customer who "fixed" the loose rubber moulding at the top of her windshield.   With silicone...lubricant.  What I could have done in 5 minutes with some proper urethane took a solid 30 minutes of brake cleaner, soap, rags and irritation.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
6/8/23 10:16 p.m.

Remember to keep your safety glasses on all the way through cleanup. 2 hours of cutting wood was fine, but got sawdust in my eye while cleaning up after. Back to the ER..

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
6/8/23 10:29 p.m.

Every car I work on reminds me how easy working on a Rabbit is. Working on 2014 Grand Caravan ball joints at the moment, but it really doesn't matter. I haven't worked on anything that isn't easier on the Rabbit.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/9/23 3:47 p.m.

Job hunting. I hate the minimum salary question on job applications. It is impossible to answer without knowing the health insurance costs, 401k match, bonus structure, PTO/vacation... You've asked me the minimum acceptable horsepower without telling me what car I'm putting it in. 

I applaud Colorado and New York for requiring it on the posting. Even if it is a silly range (literally saw one that had a range of $65k to $175k), it is better than nothing. 

Similar rant: You want 10 years of experience, a college degree in finance or STEM, and preferably an MBA... and you're paying $42k to $55k? Get outta here with that noise. 

I just want to win the lottery and retire to a fishing boat. Is that too much to ask?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
6/9/23 4:03 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

In 1985 when I started working the older boomers were getting MBA's and getting bumped to $50k - big money for the time.  I was fighting and scraping to make $24,000.  

$42-$55,000 today with an MBA?

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/10/23 12:47 a.m.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/10/23 1:46 a.m.

Broke a stud removing a lug nut on the FR-S. 700 foot pounds not removing a lug nut immediately should tell you to stop, something is fubar.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/10/23 8:36 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Broke a stud removing a lug nut on the FR-S. 700 foot pounds not removing a lug nut immediately should tell you to stop, something is fubar.

If you broke the stud removing it, there was no other option.

Plus, its a Subaru.  They have made their wheel studs from a fine English cheddar for decades.

It's now been 4 days since FedEx helpfully delivered 3 out of a set of 4 tires I ordered from Discount Tire. I've opened a case, described what the "package" looked like and gave them the dimensions.

Crickets.

The automated email states that they have until the 14th to come up with a resolution.

Have I ever told you how much I berkeleying hate FedEx? Because I berkeleying hate FedEx. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
6/10/23 12:48 p.m.

I am tired of being a problem solver.  Maybe it is time to try out being a problem creator.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/10/23 3:59 p.m.

Don't be part of the problem.

Be the whole problem.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/10/23 5:39 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I don't think they're actually getting MBAs. Or they're getting MBAs from Bob's Online Kollege.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/10/23 5:40 p.m.

These new meds are kicking my ass.

j_tso
j_tso Dork
6/10/23 7:52 p.m.

Damn mosquitoes!

That is all.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/23 8:35 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Appleseed said:

Plus, its a Subaru.  They have made their wheel studs from a fine English cheddar for decades.

People love to overtorque the lug nuts.  They're fine thread, reefing them down will pinch the threads under the taper and then they have a death grip on the stud.

80 ft-lb max.  My 4 lug Subaru had the same lug nuts and the torque was 55 ft-lb!

And people wonder why I like bolts... smiley

The Tahoe is starting to lose power steering fluid at an accelerated rate. I used to have to fill the reservoir back up about every 3 months. Now it's about every two weeks. It's parking spot next to the driveway is starting to look like a superfund site.

It also decided to start throwing a P0455 code last week. I replaced the gas cap today as a low effort attempt at a fix. We'll see. 

Sigh. I hope it's a cheap hose that's leaking. I really need to put it up on a lift. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/10/23 9:40 p.m.

I feel that this Schrade machete is built like crap. I usually like to have a cheapy machete in the truck for whatever I don't want to ram my good blades into but damn.....this was the first little branch 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/10/23 10:27 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Streetwiseguy said:
Appleseed said:

People love to overtorque the lug nuts.  They're fine thread, reefing them down will pinch the threads under the taper and then they have a death grip on the stud.

80 ft-lb max.  My 4 lug Subaru had the same lug nuts and the torque was 55 ft-lb!

And people wonder why I like bolts... smiley

Nissan are finer thread, and they don't pinch the nuts.  They used a metal compound of some sort, unlike Subie.

1 ... 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0sLz3q9EhqK1tDbkAYCF4u3FUfJrD6VNX3U8kspvvcWdBbnwligXurFXPUsgarte