1 ... 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 ... 1963
Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/2/24 4:17 p.m.

I can't watch that now, but my former BIL once told me "in a car crash you have time enough to say "Oh, my God!" 

In a plane crash, you have enough time to say "Oh, my God!" for 5 minutes.

wae
wae UltimaDork
4/2/24 4:23 p.m.

This morning, we dropped a bottle of Blue Devil into the challenge car.  The car that's supposed to be on a trailer, heading south down I75 in about 24 hours.  The directions say to let it sit and idle for 50 minutes, so we did.  And it actually seems to have worked!  The radiator stopped steaming, we're not losing any coolant from the bottle, and everything was looking good.  Then at minute 47, the car sputtered and shut down and won't restart.  No spark.  They're threatening really severe weather so I'm not all that hot on hanging out at the shop right now, so it's just going to have to wait until early tomorrow morning for troubleshooting.  Nothing like the last minute.

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
4/2/24 6:39 p.m.

There's nothing quite like getting your entire day upended because you had to spend 5 hours in the emergency department after your heart went apeE36 M3 and floored all the throttles...

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
4/2/24 6:46 p.m.

In reply to wae :

Sounds like you ran out of gas!

Shadeux
4/2/24 7:24 p.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

A few years ago I had a super-duper important hand delivery to my client and I had to go without lunch to make it. I'm one of those people that cannot stand to be late. So I went without eating. 

I had a doctor's appointment just after the 2 hour delayed lunch.

My BP at my appointment was 223/183. You know how you remember your first license plate? 

I had to get an EKG before I was allowed to leave. 

I'm much better now...

Yeah, I'm getting old. We all are. Take care of yourself. 

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/2/24 7:54 p.m.

The AC is fine... but the buss bar in the main electrical panel is burnt to a crisp. Yay! 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
4/2/24 8:20 p.m.

Dennys doesn't have waffles? 

Outrage. But not enough to leave. French toast will suffice. 

wae
wae UltimaDork
4/2/24 9:51 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to wae :

Sounds like you ran out of gas!

That was my first thought, but there was plenty of fuel.  Turns out that a sensor's wire got smashed and was grounding out.  We're back in business!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/3/24 1:30 a.m.

Oh, berkeley, today is so much worse. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/3/24 4:05 a.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

Dennys doesn't have waffles? 

Outrage. But not enough to leave. French toast will suffice. 

I can specifically remember two times that I had waffles at Dennys. One, there was a cute girl sitting next to me with her hand in my lap to distract me as she stole all the bacon. I don't remember her name, but I do remember that she drove a remarkably E36 M3ty cavalier. That same night with the waffles, I got my first speeding ticket. SAAB 9-5. 3am after dennys, I'm lucky I wasn't drinking that night. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/3/24 7:46 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Dude, please keep in touch here. We're with you, and you matter to us. You don't have to write essays, just keep saying hi.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/24 7:52 a.m.
Shadeux said:

In reply to Recon1342 :

A few years ago I had a super-duper important hand delivery to my client and I had to go without lunch to make it. I'm one of those people that cannot stand to be late. So I went without eating. 

I had a doctor's appointment just after the 2 hour delayed lunch.

My BP at my appointment was 223/183. You know how you remember your first license plate? 

I had to get an EKG before I was allowed to leave. 

I'm much better now...

Yeah, I'm getting old. We all are. Take care of yourself. 

A few years ago I found myself in a similar situation. I woke up with a headache and generally felt like crap but had work to do. My head hurt all day. That afternoon I stopped in a drugstore to get some head drugs and on a whim took my BP with their machine. It was 246/192. I figured it would be a good idea to stop by a doc in a box. They flipped out and gave me drugs to bring down my BP and wrote me a prescription for BP drugs. They overdosed me so a few day later I passed out from low BP and developed an arrhythmia. It would beat 4-6 times and then skip a couple of beats. That freaked me the F out and I ended up in the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. 

Remember boys and girls, they call it a doctor's practice for a reason. You know what they call the guy that graduated at the bottom of doctor school? Doctor. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/3/24 8:07 a.m.
Recon1342 said:

There's nothing quite like getting your entire day upended because you had to spend 5 hours in the emergency department after your heart went apeE36 M3 and floored all the throttles...

Take care of yourself man 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
4/3/24 8:20 a.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

Dennys 

Are you berkeleying kidding me?

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
4/3/24 8:34 a.m.
Recon1342 said:

Near as anyone can tell, I had a transient episode of tachycardia, which is probably why I felt like my ticker was gonna throw a rod. Gotta speak with my normal Doc and see if I can wrangle a cardio appointment (stress test, etc.).

Feeling pretty rough around the edges today, but I'm alive... 

Thanks for the well wishes, y'all.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/3/24 9:52 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Anyone from GRM around you Appleseed to go grab a lunch or kick a rock down a dirt road or something?

It doesn't make sense when you're in the moment of it, but somehow having someone with you helps make the load more manageable. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/3/24 10:31 a.m.
P3PPY said:
Appleseed said:

Anyone from GRM around you Appleseed to go grab a lunch or kick a rock down a dirt road or something?

Appleseed, you have PM. 2 actually. I think I typed my phone number wrong in the first. 

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/3/24 11:30 a.m.

Looking at the much more important posts on this page I almost don't want to post this but this is minor rants so here I go:

I am so sick of this rise and grind, hustle E36 M3. Great you want to hustle, you want to risk it, cool. That doesn't make people that choose to go to work, do a job, get paid, save for retirement etc. any less important. Let people do what they want to do, if they are adding to society in general great, you want to just put in your 40, do a good job and put 10% towards retirement great. 

Maybe this rant should be more like hey Nick stop looking at LinkedIn...

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/24 12:55 p.m.

Got some blood work yesterday and it was a bit out of sorts. This isn't the rant.

The rant is that I know better and have been being dumb. Time to stop. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/3/24 2:01 p.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

I work in a profession that values entrepreneurship, even though many architects are terrible business people.

I decided in my 20s that I was perfectly fine with being employed by someone else if it meant that I wasn't always at work in my head 24/7.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/3/24 3:51 p.m.

Still here. Just a lot of holes to plug at the moment .

Shadeux
4/3/24 4:01 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Well, we're here at least. Wish we could jump in physically and help.

Shadeux
4/3/24 4:29 p.m.

I'm torn whether or not this is a first-world problem or an actually minor rant.

Last Nov. 3rd I told my wife about this thing. The Honda Motocompacto. She also went "Squeeee!" when she saw it.

I had already blown my birthday and Christmas gift by getting a QuickJack. Then this appeared and my wife told me to buy it. It was just too cool not to.

So I ordered it on Nov. 3rd. I received a acknowledgment of the order. And that was it. 

Then the ordering website was compromised, so Honda just turned off being able to check your order, then the canceled orders, then orders being unfulfilled because the dealer was handing them out like candy to workers and top buyers. Quite the fiasco. I finally became so disenchanted with the lack of communication (even the dealer would not answer my emails) and such a bungled launch for such a cute thing I gave up on it. After awhile I was glad it was canceled, because we ended up spending more money on other stuff (including the rant of the EGO mower attempted purchase.) 

The berkeleying thing is arriving Saturday.

If we ever get a mower, then we're getting a metal storage shed (8x12) to put it in. Which leaves every cubic inch not used in storing the mower to be pressed into service deE36 M3tifying the garage and back deck, so I've got that going for me.

And we're out another 1k. And I've only been paid twice in 4 month due to a situation out of my control, which will resolve itself (soon, I hope!)

It's a first-world problem. 

Shadeux
4/3/24 4:45 p.m.

And I just received the EGO service appt. It's on me to get it to Lowe's. (they probably would pick it up.)

Then the "RTM clerk" at Lowe's will set it up in their system as a "Out For Repair" (OFR?) ticket so the repair company can come pick it up.

From Ocala to Lakeland. Which is 94 to 104 miles away. It's 2.5 hours because it's south Lakeland. I'm made that drive at least 50 times. I know it well.

Holy berkeley no. Parts seem pretty cheap, I'm about to be an EGO mechanic!

Edit: we are getting a replacement mower from Lowe's. If anything breaks I'm fixing it! For a repair facility to be a 5 hour drive transporting a 700 pound mower and having EGO cover that for 5 years must mean these thing don't break much. Or EGO is an idiot.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/3/24 5:04 p.m.
NY Nick said:

Maybe this rant should be more like hey Nick stop looking at LinkedIn...

This ^. IMHO LinkedIn is good when you're looking for a job or looking for an employee, but the social aspect of it is mostly garbage.

1 ... 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 ... 1963

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nYRQRoli3zNKfEMwKanuZXi8FLIlhWmcR7YCVbct2Xf2W6nf8nJjEThHDki2Znmj