1 ... 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 ... 1944
Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
4/5/24 5:08 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

I mean, come on man, you can't be mean to the guy that goes by Toyman, it's unethical.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/5/24 6:39 p.m.
Toyman! said:

If you are an shiny happy person to my people they are instructed to pack their tools, hand you my business card, and leave. I pay them to repair your doors, not put up with your attitude or BS. Then you can call me and explain why you are being a dick to the people who work for me. The odds are very high that I'm going to tell you to berkeley off and call someone else. We are busy enough working for decent people that we don't need to deal with E36 M3ty customers. 

That is all. 

I applaud this thinking and do the same.

I tell people that there's a reason why I'm busy without ever advertising. It's not because I put up with bullE36 M3, it's because there is no bullE36 M3. Feel free to have your job screwed up by someone else

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
4/6/24 12:45 a.m.

Wtf is with the used machinery prices in this province?

Every used lathe I find is within a couple hundred bucks of the price of a new machine!

And the new machine isn't a first-generation, imported copy of an Australian copy of a Southbend. It's a for-real, well supported import machine with modern tooling and a warranty!

Good grief, people are idiots if they actually pay that much.

Also, f-you to the previous owner of my big MIG welder.

It's been feeding poorly and figured it needed a liner.

Took the parts guy at the welding shop and I 30 minutes to figure out the cobbled together mess of incorrect parts in my gun.

New liner, new diffuser, correct tips and correct nozzle, it works like a charm now.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
4/6/24 7:09 a.m.

I am stuck in the Orlando airport for six hours. Aka purgatory but with fried food and Disney. 

I have been awake for something like ~30 hours now and seriously I am feel like I am going to start seeing things. So tired. Only another 4 more hours then freedom. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
4/6/24 9:26 a.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

Which is why I bought new.

Watch the sales.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/6/24 10:00 a.m.

First world minor rant: Chevrolet recommends a "dexos2" rated oil for the C8. The parts stores around here don't carry them yet. I stopped by the dealership and bought two quarts of Mobil 1 Supercar at $17.99 EACH. I guess I need to order it from the river next time. 

Update: Holy smokes! It's $28.99 a quart at the river. A six pack is a little more reasonable at $58.99 though. 

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
4/6/24 10:13 a.m.

In reply to CAinCA :

When we had our ZL1, I was getting the dexos2 rated Mobil 1 from Speedway... not sure if they're still the best deal, that was a few years ago.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
4/6/24 10:16 a.m.

Really? Pretty sure I'm getting Dex2 at Walmart for $20 something a jug

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Dork
4/6/24 10:28 a.m.

Just checked our shelves at Napa. We have Dex 1 gen 3 and Dex D on hand, but this is very much truck country ( there is on c8 local tho)

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
4/6/24 3:47 p.m.

Most expensive thing I've ordered in some time is being shipped FedEx. Great. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/7/24 1:24 p.m.

The cub cadet front tires are most likely original. And dry rotted to hell. So I went digging online. Oh only $20 difference between loose tires and mounted? I'll take the mounted, because my mini tire changer bent the first time I used it. 

Get them in, wrong wheel bearing ID. That's weird. Plastic wheel bearings in the new wheels. Well I don't know anyone with a lathe, but I have a 3d printer. Made my own. Probably would have worked if I made a smoother cylinder. 

Ok, so I'll swap bearings then. Hammer out the old ones on the original wheels and they're trip big for the holes on the new wheels. 

Fine, back to Google. 

Mid model refresh changed the spindle from 3/4" to 1". In the 1970s, freaking mid model refreshes. Guess what I can't find that will fit the holes on the new wheels, that's right, 1" Id bearings. 

So I still have to go pay to have tires swapped, but at least I'll have extra wheels I can't really use for anything.

Trent
Trent PowerDork
4/7/24 3:33 p.m.

If I haven't seen you in a few years and your look is now the bro standard beard, chunky glasses and baseball cap, you have forfeited the right to be offended that it took me a while to recognize you. 

You need to understand you are essentially wearing a disguise and every feature I use to identify you is now hidden. 

chandler
chandler MegaDork
4/7/24 3:39 p.m.
Trent said:

If I haven't seen you in a few years and your look is now the bro standard beard, chunky glasses and baseball cap, you have forfeited the right to be offended that it took me a while to recognize you. 

You need to understand you are essentially wearing a disguise and every feature I use to identify you is now hidden. 

Thank you

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
4/7/24 5:19 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Fed Ex is the most reliable in our area...

I just got a "delivery attempted" notification from USPS.    "Delivery attempted, but front door or driveway was not accessible."

BullE36 M3... it's 67* and sunny out, and I've been in the shop with the door open all day.  As near as I can tell they never even drove down the street...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/7/24 5:26 p.m.

In reply to Trent :

This is probably a lot of why I don't recognize people until they start talking, or I see their car, or we're in an expected social situation.

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/7/24 5:33 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

The wind was kinda weird... SSE...

Besides, we were late.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/24 6:58 a.m.

Holy E36 M3, when did landscaping hit $200 an hour? I'll just do it my berkeleying self for that price.

Or is it less and everybody just works at half my speed? I guess that's a possibility. I know from experience the job I was hoping to farm out only takes me 2 hours solo. 

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/8/24 9:36 a.m.

its amazing how much worse you get a bouldering when you don't do it for 4 years and gain 30 pounds. Everything hurts now

gixxeropa
4/8/24 12:11 p.m.

Yesterday, leaving the show in the Europa, a guy pulled Halfway out into traffic in his Corolla and almost ended the Europa right there. That's normal for the Atlanta area so it's not the rant. The rant is that the horn button for the Europa is on the turn signal stalk, and I didn't have the muscle memory yet to be able to use my loud ass Cadillac horns that I installed expressly for this purpose. My girlfriend was following me in her Honda fit and managed to honk at him, but the fit horn is pretty wimpy 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/8/24 12:19 p.m.

In reply to gixxeropa :

TIL that "gixxeropa" probably doesn't mean a grandfather that rides a Suzuki.

On the actual subject, DW's second car was a 1981 Ford Fairmon Futura that also had the horn on the turn signal stalk.  That was one of many reasons I hated that car.  Such an incredibly stupid ergonomic design choice, at least in a car that had plenty of other options.

barefootcyborg5000
4/8/24 12:21 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

My sisters 1981 mercury has that. Dumb beyond dumb. Also I want to buy the car back from her but she won't sell. 

barefootcyborg5000
4/8/24 12:22 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

Most expensive thing I've ordered in some time is being shipped FedEx. Great. 

Out for delivery a day early. I don't want to count my chickens quite yet, but I may just get lucky. 

gixxeropa
4/8/24 12:26 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

An old dude ripping around on a liter bike may actually be cooler than the Europa

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
4/8/24 12:34 p.m.
CAinCA said:

First world minor rant: Chevrolet recommends a "dexos2" rated oil for the C8. The parts stores around here don't carry them yet. I stopped by the dealership and bought two quarts of Mobil 1 Supercar at $17.99 EACH. I guess I need to order it from the river next time. 

Update: Holy smokes! It's $28.99 a quart at the river. A six pack is a little more reasonable at $58.99 though. 

C8 Oil Change Kit

https://www.jegs.com/i/Mobil-1/652/126870-1/10002/-1

Hope that helps. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/8/24 2:36 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow :

Yes, it does. Thank you. I guess I was just surprised that it wasn't available at my local parts store. 

1 ... 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 ... 1944

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2W6Iko3oZUwxrOazVU9MBQPIsQkVhTruOZPwWipBIuG53iMbcLesJWz96AWgtHoo