1 ... 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 ... 1950
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/24 12:24 p.m.

Whatever I have is producing enough mucus in my head that it is draining down the back of my throat and gagging me.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/19/24 12:36 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

I've been chewing my spit for a couple of weeks now.

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
4/19/24 12:41 p.m.

Hoping that's just pollen season.  My nose was completely blocked for about 24 hours (which terrified me, I couldn't clear it, first time that's ever happened).  We had two good rain storms this week that washed a good chunk of the yellow dust off of everything, and it was like a light switch for me. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/24 2:14 p.m.

Considering I only average 30 miles driven a week, I find myself saying "wtf are you doing?!?" far too often.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
4/19/24 2:28 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I just got home from work. 4.2 miles. Three times. I'm a patient driver. Something in the air?

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/19/24 2:34 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow :

You are very fortunate. My sinuses have been locked solid more times than I can count. Feels like having a head full of concrete. Depending on the season and the time since the furnace filter was last changed and whatever germs little whatsisnname manages to being home, odds are probably one in three that I will be at least partially unable to breathe normally through my nose. It is an exceptionally tedious way to live.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/24 2:36 p.m.
RevRico said:

Considering I only average 30 miles driven a week, I find myself saying "wtf are you doing?!?" far too often.

Google told me I did 3,300 miles last month. 

I've seen everything 

And I hate all of them 

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/19/24 5:50 p.m.

My ribs are hurting from coughing so much from this damn cold.

Hopefully the drugs from the doc will help.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/19/24 6:59 p.m.
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) said:

My ribs are hurting from coughing so much from this damn cold.

Hopefully the drugs from the doc will help.

I feel your pain, it's been over a month

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/24 8:54 p.m.

I absolutely don't know enough for it to be conclusive, but I'm pretty sure the Audi dealership sent us home with our new-to-us Q5 with a nail in the tire.

It absolutely could have been picked up on the way home. It absolutely could've happened in the first couple of days. It's just one of those "what are the odds?" things combined with whatever they "freshened" the air with that took several weeks of scrubbing and waiting not to reek, or telling us that it only came with one key at the end of the paperwork. $800 later we have two keys, but at least we gave the $800 to a different dealership... It's a pattern-matching thing. 10k miles and a pretty substantial price tag make these things feel worse.

I should've dealt with it when I was swapping the winter tires on.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/19/24 11:21 p.m.

I've lost track... maybe on the seventh try I'll finally be Kathryn. This stupid letter is starting to dissolve from the mileage through the postal system.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/20/24 10:21 a.m.

Wifes van needs an oil change before the trip to Charleston for my nieces wedding. 

Get in, its a rolling dumpster. Ok, ill clean it too.

Pass cv making noise, the one i just replaced. Pass rear corner making horrific noises. Put it on the lift, find the new axle has no boot or grease, and rear shock is two pieces. There goes my saturday. Glad i didn't have anything ELSE planned that i actually wanted to do.

BenB
BenB HalfDork
4/20/24 2:51 p.m.

Me: What a beautiful day! I think I'll have lunch on my deck.

Multiple neighbors: Hey, its mealtime. I think I'll fire up my loud AF gas-powered yard tools.

I swear my neighborhood HOA has a double secret covenant requiring residents or lawn services to run yard equipment during mealtimes. angry

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
4/21/24 12:34 p.m.

It's been almost nonstop rain this month. Today is finally dry and it's 43 degrees outside. I really want spring to arrive here, and stay.

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/22/24 3:01 p.m.

Wow. Just can't stay off that one nerve, huh? And it was actually a pleasant Monday up to that point. berkeley

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/22/24 4:02 p.m.
jimbob_racing said:

It's been almost nonstop rain this month. Today is finally dry and it's 43 degrees outside. I really want spring to arrive here, and stay.

Saturday was mild, mostly sunny, and about 68.  Today is mild, sunny, and about 64

Sunday was overcast all day with a steady 8-10 mph breeze from the north.  It was forecast for a high of 58, but it touched that number for about an hour at 3:00p.  The rest of the day it was between 40-48 dF.

Guess which day was our first autocross?  Well, at least it didn't rain (minor win).

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/24 4:14 p.m.
Duke said:
jimbob_racing said:

Saturday was mild, mostly sunny, and about 68.  Today is mild, sunny, and about 64

Sunday was overcast all day with a steady 8-10 mph breeze from the north.  It was forecast for a high of 58, but it touched that number for about an hour at 3:00p.  The rest of the day it was between 40-48 dF.

Guess which day was our first autocross?  Well, at least it didn't rain (minor win).

Saturday was mid-80s, humid, with spotty rain. Sunday was mid-50s and rain. Saturday was decent but Sunday was not a good day to be running an endurance race in a car with electrical problems. 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
4/22/24 9:26 p.m.

Was cutting vegetables for dinner, almost ready to start the fire, and the dog starts screeching like a friggin smoke alarm. Something apparently very wrong with her ear. So here I am, waiting on the vet. Hungry. Wondering how much this thistle is going to cost to remove. Fairly sure, since she was let out at BILs place yesterday with all the weeds taller than the dog. Next time she stays home for a couple hours. She'll be fine. 

It's been WWIII with the ex for almost 3 weeks now. She wants me to pay for my son's car that she bought without telling me. He is going off to college in July and she wants me to cover the nearly $400 car payment. It's been non stop attacks and verbal abuse. She even contacted my mom, whom she hasn't spoken with in 15 years, to try and manipulate her to manipulate me.

What kind of toxic, manipulative, abusive POS does that?

I'm about to file a non-contact order or similar protection against her. It's getting bad sad

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/23/24 9:06 a.m.
stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) said:

It's been WWIII with the ex for almost 3 weeks now.

What kind of toxic, manipulative, abusive POS does that?

The kind that you divorce.

I'm sorry that you're going through this.  It sounds like the non-contact order might be a good idea.

Good luck, man.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/23/24 9:55 a.m.

people using therapy speak to try to deflect from their bad behavior is infuriating. I overheard a couple at a pho restaurant where the lady got caught talking to her ex secretly and when called out for it she said "you're dehumanizing and minimizing me right now" which is just a crazy response to getting caught cheating. At least it was an entertaining show to go along with dinner.

Beer Baron 🍺
Beer Baron 🍺 MegaDork
4/23/24 11:27 a.m.

You are supposed to be on vacation. GO HOME!

"But I need to do this task, and that task, and this other task..."

No! You don't! You need to communicate to the rest of the team what tasks you need to have handled for you so that you can take vacation. You are not the owner of this company. You are a salaried employee.

If you're not going to communicate with people, stop complaining to me about all the work and hours you "have" to do here.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/23/24 11:28 a.m.

My friend has a child who suffers from severe autism. She's 10YO, can't talk, is fed through her stomach... et cetera. Dad's single and got custody away from the tweaker mom. He works and is a good HVAC service technician. You'd think that a guy like this would qualify for a little help from our government, and according to Medi-Cal he should get 250 or so hours a month of a minimum-wage caregiver to help.

The problem is, you only qualify for the caregiver if you make under $1,677/month. And there's no gradations. It's all or nothing.  He lives in a lousy town, where one of his other kids is starting to run with the wrong crowd, but there's no money to move somewhere nicer. 

Our government is so nonsensical at times. It reminds me of another friend whose adult son has a medical needs list as long as his arm. At  one point he got a crucial organ transplant and was able to start living a decent life. He has some computer skills, so he got off the dole, got a job, a girlfriend and an apartment. Problem is, his body tried to reject the organ and the drug that kept it from doing so was expensive. It was okay till Medi-Cal stopped paying for the drug because he had a decent job. His employers medical plan didn't cover the drug, so he went through all his savings as well as a good chunk of his parents savings paying for it. Finally they couldn't afford it, he stopped, his body rejected the organ and now he's on disability with lots of medical care costing the government (us)  hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. 

WTF anyway?

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/24 11:45 a.m.

The headset I got for work is pretty good, but it's designed so the microphone has to be on the right hand side.

I've always used the mic on the left hand side. I'm surprised at how much having it on the right hand side bothers me.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/24 12:03 p.m.

In reply to Kreb (Forum Supporter) :

The system is broken. There is no thought or compassion used in the application of it. No one is allowed to look at it on a case-by-case basis. There is no consideration of how to transition a person from assistance to no assistance. They are walked to the edge of a cliff and then shoved off of it. It's a list of arbitrary numbers made up by people whose only interest is skimming millions to line their own pockets. I think they enjoy ripping the carpet out from under people just as they are starting to get ahead. They probably pulled the wings off of butterflies when they were kids. 

1 ... 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 ... 1950

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Od3Cwk34DPppeEJe2SJWjjWFUi4ufyBzJDxqsUd2eHEhtM7TQAC4QKgGms3D0mtc