1 ... 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 ... 2014
tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
6/14/24 10:21 a.m.

Everything and everyone is stupid

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/24 10:37 a.m.

Today has really ding aling longed my dang along ling long, and it's not even 11:00 yet.

Part of that is due to my brain deciding that last night was one of those nights where it dredges up a ton of E36 M3 and wants to dwell on it until about 3 AM.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/14/24 10:37 a.m.
tuna55 said:

Business as usual.

Holy Carp.

I'm by myself in the house and the first bite of breakfast gets stuck in my throat and won't move. I'm this >||< close to not being able to breath, can't get it to move either way, and a drink of water made it even worse.  I panicked and made myself throw it up. It worked

Close call, I think.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
6/14/24 11:00 a.m.
tuna55 said:

I'm trying to be positive here but I'm having the same day....

Beer Baron 🍺
Beer Baron 🍺 MegaDork
6/14/24 11:14 a.m.

Favourite line in the show: People, what a bunch of bastards : r/ITcrowd

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
6/14/24 11:46 a.m.
tuna55 said:

As I am an everyone, I take this personally.  

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/14/24 1:08 p.m.

Really?

Son spotted something at a local GM dealer. I'm going right by there today, want me to drop by, see if it's worth you looking at? 
Writing this from the waiting area, they sent me to the secondary lot because it's there. Oh, we don't have it, it's at the main lot. I'm almost an hour in, they can't find it.  

I'm only sticking it out because it looks like a good deal and I'm hoping they'll sweeten it even more.

Edit: Sales manager saw me eyeing up the Corvette shirts and gave me one while apologizing 

Double edit: Got a really nice GMC travel mug on my way out the door. 

Still haven't seen the car.

Brutal

volvoclearinghouse
6/14/24 1:36 p.m.

When your wife tells the kids "I'm not taking anyone to the berkeleying emergency room today!" you know it has the hallmarks of being a fine, fine day.  

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/14/24 2:25 p.m.

May I add another for today?

I've dealt with the same financial advisor for the last 20 years and been very happy with both his service and performance. He left for greener pastures and went to the largest investment house in the country.

My new advisor, in that time, left a brief phone message that was mostly unintelligible, and nothing else. My statements came in last week and one big one was missing, so I called to find out why. They have no idea, but will email it immediately.

They emailed me a performance report, not the statement I asked for. They've had my business for two weeks and have dropped the ball on every correspondence. I have a lot of money with them, I have an expectation of service that they have not met.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
6/14/24 2:41 p.m.

Once again, FedEx makes my day. I ordered 4, had plans for the weekend. Thanks again for switching, Tirerack.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/14/24 3:12 p.m.

In reply to Jerry :

Unfortunate. But let me tell you, once you get the fourth one, you're going to love them. The old ECS was a magnificent tire, the ECS 02 is somehow even better.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
6/14/24 4:49 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

These are going on the WRX.  Bought some STI-looking wheels, the RPF1s just didn't do it for me.  Almost did Indy 500s again but many comments and great reviews had me switch (and not a big $ difference. at least this size.)

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/14/24 6:34 p.m.

FedEx usually delivers on Saturday too so you still got a shot. That's if they get the right house. 

Two weeks ago I was expecting a part for my Touareg. I left the house for 15 minutes, came back and tracking showed delivered. No where. Drove to a nearby street where they get mixed up sometimes, no luck. Called FedEx reported missing, no word. After 4 hours the tracking showed a picture finally. Again out cruising the neighborhood. After 6 hours I look closer and it's across the street at my neighbors house. I didn't see it before because it's a little far off to see easily. Plus they were in and out some during the 6 hours. Texted my neighbor just to say I'm coming over and grabbing it. He replied oh yeah I saw that just didn't have time to bring it over. Two minutes that's all it took, no time, SMH. 

Jerry said:

Once again, FedEx makes my day. I ordered 4, had plans for the weekend. Thanks again for switching, Tirerack.

Hey, I've got a FedEx pic like that!

FedEx helpfully delivered 3 out of the 4 tires. The best part was describing what the missing package looked like. Uh, a round black rubber thing with a big hole in the middle? They never did find the missing tire. Thankfully the TireRack was great to work with and sent another tire within 3 days.

berkeley you FedEx!

volvoclearinghouse
6/15/24 8:33 a.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

I like how the caption says "CLOSE". Yep, close, but no cigar!

budget_bandit
budget_bandit Reader
6/15/24 9:13 a.m.

I really hate how the new normal for customer service via phone isn't actually talking to someone on the phone. Instead, it's using my phone keypad to navigate through endless menus that only contain the same information on the website. The whole reason i'm calling is because the information I need isn't on your website.

I also hate that now they've gotten smart enough that pressing 0 doesn't immediately take you to a live agent, but instead prompts "i'd be happy to direct your call to a live agent, please say what you are calling about" and then just redirects you to the automated menu on the closest topic the computer recognizes. 

It shouldn't aggravate me this much, but man i'm already so pissed today and it's barely 9 AM

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/15/24 10:59 a.m.

I was planning on cleaning the garage this weekend, now I get to cut up some trees after a quick, intense storm rolled through yesterday. At least I'll have plenty of hickory for smoking.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
6/15/24 11:34 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

When your wife tells the kids "I'm not taking anyone to the berkeleying emergency room today!" you know it has the hallmarks of being a fine, fine day.  

When my kids almost got hurt I'd yell at them; do you want to spend the entire afternoon and evening sitting in the emergency room?

Usually they replied no.

Then knock it off....

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/16/24 9:46 a.m.

I had to go to a wedding last night

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/16/24 11:44 a.m.

I have to go to a wedding as well. It's black tie. In June. In Georgia. Outside

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
6/16/24 12:17 p.m.

My hospital is having serious issues with the CNAs recently- they have no accountability at this point. My ICU floor is 24 people currently and 3 of the 4 CNAs decided to call out as a group, not because they were protesting actual issues but because none of them wanted to work, which meant that nurses like myself were Total patient care for 4 people. That's not easy when you have people with GI issues who are literally requiring multipule baths a day for their problems.

What makes it more infuriating is- they have actual issues but now these whiny bitches are gonna make any actual attempt to organize or improve something look tainted because it's them doing it. We even have a CNA who didn't come in today, likely related to her recently needing IV Antibiotics, and she's likely going to be lumped into this as well.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
6/16/24 8:41 p.m.

I just want to say I hate 294 / 94. Every time I have to head East, which is a lot lately, it's a parking lot for miles and miles.

I'll be so glad when we move out of the Chicagoland area.

Ok, I will miss the food.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
6/16/24 10:40 p.m.

In reply to GPz11 (Forum Supporter) :

I live in the SW 'burbs and it involves coming thru this mess for 50% of my territory; Indiana, Michigan and Ohio.  The other crap is heading through the O'Hare mess to Milwaukee. 

I'm with you buddy.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/16/24 11:59 p.m.

All Hell leads to Chicago.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/17/24 12:12 a.m.

After 3 years of no flight issues at all the last month has been a disaster. Canceled flights, delayed flights, flight that the captain had timed out so he had to be replaced. Now sitting on the tarmac for 20 minutes at a basically closed airport while they try to find gate attendants. Ugh, sometimes business travel is for the birds. 

1 ... 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 ... 2014

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ip3unk8TEQL7vwZfRZbrZqgJkuhrKUd7f2FbMqpQw5IaHwYxuICrPCx9pjmd9eOH