1 2 3 4 5 ... 1927
Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
8/30/11 11:05 a.m.
Zomby woof wrote:
mad_machine wrote: ECT?
Name withheld to protect the guilty said: bosting a 2 stoke is not easy if it was not designed for it. you end up losing power due to blow down ect.
While we're at it, how about " I feel". "I feel that my car isn't running right", or even worse, "I feel like my car isn't running right"

moron: "my car woluldn't start, and i had to get a jump to get here, can you tell me what is wrong with it?"

me: "you need a new battery"

moron: "no, i don't think thats it, i think its the starter, since it wouldn't start"

me: "well you're the expert here..."

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
8/30/11 11:42 a.m.

Mine is the "New" unvented gas cans. I'm sure this is somehow a government idea, because no one who has ever used a real gas can to, say, fill their lawn mower (as opposed to having their undocumented help do it) would ever require the removal of vents from gas cans. I'm just guessing, but its probably the same moron who decided we need light bulbs that have to be handled by a hazmat team and take 20 minutes to "warm up" before actually putting out light. So now, just so a few vapors don't escape while I'm pouring my gas, I have a ventless gas can that chugs and spews gas all over me, the mower and the ground. This, by federal regs, probably requires that the entire lawn I'm trying to mow be removed by, you guessed it, a hazmat team. You know, the guy who designed gas cans way back whenever put a vent on them for a reason. I'm smart enough to close that vent when I'm done filling. After all, since our lack of a sensible energy policy has jacked up gas prices to almost $4.00 per gallon, I'm not letting any liquid gold evaporate. But no, now I've got a buck fifty worth of gas all over me, the mower and my lawn. And what's more, my only real option is to let all that liquid gold (you guessed it) evaporate. And I still run the risk I'll immolate myself when I pull the start cord. Idiots.

Rocco R16V
Rocco R16V New Reader
8/30/11 12:02 p.m.
kpm wrote: Power was out all weekend so I pull out the generator, clean the plug, unstick the float, undo the faulty low oil sensor, break the on-off switch (in the on position) fire it up and it runs like a champ ! The rant last night it needs gas, so I go out, have to find a station that has power, get 5 gallons, go home to find it has run out, fill it up, and as I screw the gas cap on, the power comes back on. Now I have to drain that 5 gallons back out...

Why not just put a little stabil in there so the next time you need it its full of gas? (at a cost that probably is cheaper than what you will pay next time)

my rant is people who do 20mph over the speed limit when the road is flat and straight. but when the get to a hill or corner, or next to a semi, they slow down to 20 under the limit, or what ever the semi is doing. WTF! oh and god forbid you get behind one of these idiots on a curvy hill with trucks, hell they just about come to a stop on a freeway!

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
8/30/11 12:17 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: moron: "my car woluldn't start, and i had to get a jump to get here, can you tell me what is wrong with it?" me: "you need a new battery" moron: "no, i don't think thats it, i think its the starter, since it wouldn't start" me: "well you're the expert here..."

That's why I seldom give mechanical advice (or advise, as people write these days).

I have a theory that people who ask for advice don't actually want it. they want you to tell them that they're right.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/30/11 2:44 p.m.

how about a salvage-titled '86 944 non-turbo with 120k on the odo, which according to the seller is "priced right on time" at $5500!

noise noise noise, smokin weed, smokin weed, doin coke, drinkin beers!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/30/11 3:00 p.m.
914Driver wrote: While I disagree with Angry's rant on Baby Boomers ruining his life, I do see the point, but it's impolite to hijack. Dan

ok, new rant: being accused of ranting about baby boomers ruining my life. i didn't start that thread and i only posted two brief replies: one, a reference to facebook, twitter, and steampunk; the other, a reference to 762x39.

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
8/30/11 3:41 p.m.

That reminds me of another one.

I'm seeing a lot of ads locally that say "clean title" or "clear title".

We don't have titles here.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/30/11 4:07 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: Misguided animal lovers... and no, not your pet Local PD shot and killed a 350 pound black bear in the city after repeated attempts to divert the bear away from a downtown Italian Festival w/ thousands of attendees Sunday afternoon. PD speculated the aroma of food lured the bear into town as they can smell food well over ten miles away. The bear came within a few hundred yards of the festival and when diverted away always double-backed towards the festival. Once the news was released, the majority of comments on News station FB pages was against the PD action. Trigger happy cops, cops should lose their jobs, animal haters, animals have rights too, Yogi killer, why didn't they tranquilize it?, should have called a vet they would know what to do, trap it, lure it away with food, if they had put a trap there a month ago this would never happen, my kids won't sleep tonight, someone actually brought race into it, blah blah blah It's disillusioning to me some folks actually value a rascal bear over public safety.

They should have called a vet, they would know what to do. Trap it, lure it away with food, and leave it at a Peta picnic.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Reader
8/30/11 4:10 p.m.

People who advertise things as NEW and then state it was used for X amount of time or miles. Not new. Like new, sure. New? no.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
8/30/11 4:11 p.m.
TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte HalfDork
8/30/11 4:14 p.m.

Cameras , cameras, everywhere watching everything always. Leave me alone wouldya?

Type Q
Type Q Dork
8/30/11 6:02 p.m.

Not really a rant. More of a minor grammatical annoyance. I believe "Than" and "Then" are not interchangeable. Use "Than" to compare or contrast things. For example: "A" is better Than "B"
"A" is cheaper Than "B"
"A" is more annoying Than "B" "A" will work better Than "B" for this situation.

Use "Then" to refer to time or sequence.
If "A" happens Then do "B". I heard a noise, Then I saw "B"

If I wrong on the about this, someone correct me.

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
8/30/11 7:32 p.m.
Type Q wrote: If I wrong on the about this, someone correct me.

Hmmm.

kpm
kpm Reader
8/30/11 7:41 p.m.
Rocco R16V wrote:
kpm wrote: Power was out all weekend so I pull out the generator, clean the plug, unstick the float, undo the faulty low oil sensor, break the on-off switch (in the on position) fire it up and it runs like a champ ! The rant last night it needs gas, so I go out, have to find a station that has power, get 5 gallons, go home to find it has run out, fill it up, and as I screw the gas cap on, the power comes back on. Now I have to drain that 5 gallons back out...
Why not just put a little stabil in there so the next time you need it its full of gas? (at a cost that probably is cheaper than what you will pay next time)

That was the plan but I refuse to buy another bottle of Sta-bil 'cause I already have 2 new full ones...that I can't f*&%$#g find !!

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
8/30/11 8:01 p.m.

My apartment complex offers garages, some attached some not. those that are attached have a parking space in front for a 2nd car. People with detached garages park their 2nd car in lot spaces next to the garages, and so do all guests. This guy with an attached garage thinks he should park his BMW (that is all keyed to hell, btw) in the guest/detached garage people spaces instead of in his clear driveway, depriving someone of a space. I can see why it's so keyed up. You're not impressing anyone with your 10 year old, beat and scraped BMW that hasn't seen a wax its whole life. The amount of paint swirling, too, is quite shocking. I'm glad this guy likes BMW's and not a type of car I actually care about.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
8/30/11 9:08 p.m.
Type Q wrote: Not really a rant. More of a minor grammatical annoyance. I believe "Than" and "Then" are not interchangeable. Use "Than" to compare or contrast things. For example: "A" is better Than "B" "A" is cheaper Than "B" "A" is more annoying Than "B" "A" will work better Than "B" for this situation. Use "Then" to refer to time or sequence. If "A" happens Then do "B". I heard a noise, Then I saw "B" If I wrong on the about this, someone correct me.

How does this affect (or is it effect) you?

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
8/30/11 9:22 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: How does this affect (or is it effect) you?

Affect is a verb. So it would be "how does this affect you?". Effect would be used like "what is the effect of this medicine?"

motomoron
motomoron HalfDork
8/30/11 11:22 p.m.

You've been in line in the order-at-the-counter restaurant for at least 5 minutes. It's say, a sub shop, or a bagel shop, or a coffee or burger place. You didn't wake up in line. ~You made a conscious decision to turn into the parking lot and go in~.

When you arrive at P1 in the line and the cheerful counter person greets you...

Why do you finally, only now, decide to begin to peruse the menu and ask questions as though you've never in your life been in such an establishment?

(And could you please:

• Not park it in the left lane

• Try to be a tiny bit predictable

• Learn how a traffic circle is negotiated

• Investigate that little lever off to the side of the steering wheel thing that makes the little light flash by the speedometer

• Stay the f*ck off the phone while you're "driving".

• Have some microscopic measure of commitment and determination while "driving".

• Don't try to kill ~all~ the motorcyclists?

• Understand that it's OK to pass me when I'm on my bicycle riding in a straight line on the paint stripe adjacent the shoulder - without crossing 4 wheels over the center line. I've been riding on this 4" wide stripe the past mile - hell, the past 10,000 miles - and I'm not going to swerve in front of you now.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
8/30/11 11:41 p.m.

I was just about to type up something similar after sitting behind a moron in a drive-thru for about 5 minutes. You're eating there because it's "fast food", you shouldn't expect them to cater to your every damn whim.

Take the pickles off the sandwich yourself you lazy bastage, and if your kid is too damn picky to eat an ice cream without a minute of special instructions while ordering, go inside where it's not busy and place the order there.

I could wrap this into another rant, but common courtesy ain't so common anymore.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/31/11 12:00 a.m.
Racer1ab wrote: I was just about to type up something similar after sitting behind a moron in a drive-thru for about 5 minutes. You're eating there because it's "fast food", you shouldn't expect them to cater to your every damn whim.

Also, pick ONE drink. Don't start asking for some crazy cocktail of three parts mountain dew, one part Diet Coke, a splash of Sprite and about half an inch of Dr Pepper. It never fails that if there's a line out the door at Wendy's the first woman in line will have some kind of chemestry experiment and then bring it back for a refund because the mix is a bit off.

Drewsifer
Drewsifer Dork
8/31/11 12:30 a.m.

I want to rant about my new job.

My company gets funding from a LLC in Vancouver. Because the idiots have made a lot of stupid decisions, we're months behind schedule and my pay is being berkeleyed with! I was promised a certain amount of money and now the Vancouver boys are saying because that money was promised before they signed some papers they may not pay it. And it's not like I have a choice, I have nothing else on the hook right now.

Grizz
Grizz Reader
8/31/11 12:53 a.m.

GET OUT OF THE WAY!

You've had your turn signal on for the last 6 driveways, either speed up or find the one you want. Don't crawl along the road at 10 miles an hour because you're too stupid to figure out where you're going.

Stay out of the left lane if you aren't passing. I will find you and murder your children.

Pedestrians, you only have the right of way in the crosswalk, anywhere else is jaywalking and I should be legally allowed to bounce your skull off a fender. On a related note, retarded college students, don't wear black at night and then run across the road. I have a feeling I'd feel worse about hitting a squirrel than I would one of you morons.

Stopping on the exit of a curve, getting out of your vehicle, leaving your door open into the oncoming lane and grabbing something out of the back of the vehicle is a big berkeleyin no no lady. Especially when people(like me) are known to blow through that corner at twice what the recommended speed is on the sign. Like the guys in the miata and 350Z did immediately after you got in your berkeleying car.

chuckles
chuckles Reader
8/31/11 8:15 a.m.

I especially like the part about the squirrel.

Jeff
Jeff Dork
8/31/11 12:11 p.m.

You have a left turn arrow. You are going at most a few kph/mph. You don't need 4 cars lengths between you and the car in front of you to not hit them (then again, maybe you do). We can fit at least 3 more cars that can turn left on the light in that space. berkeleying pay attention, asshat etc.........

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky HalfDork
8/31/11 12:29 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: So twice a night I get to deal with somebody clapping loudly.. and it would not bad, but the dog doesn't always come.. so I can get applause for 2 to 3 minutes. .

Just time your sexual escapades to finish at 11 pm and 5 AM, then you'll get applause everytime Then stand up, wave, and thank all your fans.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aLscpFnzw7qstJOyxcAxV2YyriHvml3o9Ag6bdPUUYJ6SQE1M80tq5RhN5WG2XsM