Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/31/18 4:33 p.m.
cmcgregor said:
wearymicrobe said:
cmcgregor said:

In reply to wearymicrobe :

Definitely get a hellcat.

Are you going to SLAS next week? I'll be there, shoot me a pm if you want to get together for a drink.

Sent you a quick note offline. I will be there quite a bit.

Didn't get it, so I just tried you. If that doesn't work, it's collin.mcgregor at that googly place.

I swear I've always thought your forum name meant Camaro Mustang Challenge Gregor...

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
1/31/18 5:15 p.m.

Spent today on the phone with a few companys that sell coil springs for foxbody mustangs. The math says the springs will work for my car but no one can give me a yes or no answer. So stock springs are staying and its getting a tubular control arm set for the rear. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/18 5:25 p.m.

Some shiney happy person bought some hobby stuff from me last month. He receives it and claims that 3 of the 14 items are damaged. No problem, I always ship with insurance, so I tell him I'm happy to replace the 3 broken ones at no cost, just mail them back so I can take them to USPS. He demurs, doesn't send photos, and files a PayPal dispute claiming that the items were "not as described", which was complete E36 M3. He escalates to a claim and forces a return of all 14 items, which is also crap. I get the box today and all 14 items were just dumped in the box and are all completely destroyed. PayPal closed the claim in his favor. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/31/18 5:41 p.m.

In reply to Mike :

My previous boss, for one. With the added joy that he liked fairly powerful cars, meaning constant pitching at all times. I don’t get seasick, but I couldn’t ride with him. 

Others candidates  include the older shop runner guy in the glass-packed square body Chevy pickup who crosses in front of my office probably 10-12 times a day, and the young woman in the older TL with the cracked exhaust manifold who apparently has to be at work about 5 minutes before my alarm goes off every morning. 

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
1/31/18 6:12 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:
cmcgregor said:
wearymicrobe said:
cmcgregor said:

In reply to wearymicrobe :

Definitely get a hellcat.

Are you going to SLAS next week? I'll be there, shoot me a pm if you want to get together for a drink.

Sent you a quick note offline. I will be there quite a bit.

Didn't get it, so I just tried you. If that doesn't work, it's collin.mcgregor at that googly place.

I swear I've always thought your forum name meant Camaro Mustang Challenge Gregor...

That's so much better than reality. Maybe we can just pretend that that's what it stands for...

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/18 6:39 p.m.
Mike said:

I'm fairly certain that everyone with a loud exhaust who drives down my street never learned that one difference between a bicycle and a car is that you don't have to keep pushing the pedal over and over to do 25 in a car. I know this is GRM, but honestly, who does throttle inputs like that?

buddy of mine drives like that. It's a constant "off on" even cruising down the highway. It makes your neck sore after a while, especially when he used to drive a stick

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/31/18 7:17 p.m.

In reply to Mike :

My buddy's mom drives like that, with both the throttle and brakes. All or nothing, no modulation. She also famously once freaked out, in an incident that we mock until this day, over carrying one extra teenager in her Expedition (which did not have the optional third row seat, so six people in total), frantically exclaiming in her heavy Long Island accent "You're gonna pop the tires! You're gonna pop the tires! I can feel they're gonna blow!"

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/31/18 8:29 p.m.
Javelin said:

Some shiney happy person bought some hobby stuff from me last month. He receives it and claims that 3 of the 14 items are damaged. No problem, I always ship with insurance, so I tell him I'm happy to replace the 3 broken ones at no cost, just mail them back so I can take them to USPS. He demurs, doesn't send photos, and files a PayPal dispute claiming that the items were "not as described", which was complete E36 M3. He escalates to a claim and forces a return of all 14 items, which is also crap. I get the box today and all 14 items were just dumped in the box and are all completely destroyed. PayPal closed the claim in his favor. 

You know his address.

Send him a box with a spring loaded floor filled with excrement.

Send the address to various skin mags and cult churches. 

You can have a lot of revenge with a person's address. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/18 8:50 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Subscriptions to Black Inches were priced reasonably enough that they made good thank you gifts.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/18 11:12 p.m.
Appleseed said:
Javelin said:

You know his address.

Send him a box with a spring loaded floor filled with excrement.

Send the address to various skin mags and cult churches. 

You can have a lot of revenge with a person's address. 

Except he has my address, too.

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/1/18 12:01 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

If this asshat acted this way with you, you can bet it's not his first asshat rodeo.

Send it to a friend in another city (or on the other side of the country) and have them send the suprize box... he'll never figure it out.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/1/18 12:16 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Ahem there are companies that specialize in just such a service. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/1/18 2:01 a.m.

Jav, you don't have to put your return address. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/1/18 7:17 a.m.

Time and time again, I hate dealing with wheels.

Had time yesterday so decided to try test-fitting the 1/2-ton Chevy wheels with the AT/S tires I picked up earlier this week onto the QX4. Who would have thought that an AWD Nissan/Infiniti SUV would have a larger hub bore than full-sized GM trucks??? But, there it is- the wheels don't begin to come close to fitting on the QX4.

Now I need to figure out if I can fit the tires onto the stock QX4 rims, and I'm finding conflicting info on whether the 265/70R17 tires will fit properly onto the 8" wide QX4 wheels. Most tire/wheel size calcs say NOPE and that the 245's that are on there now are the biggest that will fit, but several truck forums discussing just this have said that they're running 265's on 7-inch wide wheels. And if they do fit on the Infiniti's stock rims, there's a concern that they'll be too tall and be rubbing the bottom of the front struts...

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
2/1/18 7:28 a.m.

I watched Cake, with Jennifer Aniston, someone who I had not seen on a screen since Friends. I mentioned to my wife that back in the day that was a prominent reason to watch friends, and she mentioned that she looked old. I figured she was about my age.

Jennifer Aniston is 48 years old. Wow. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
2/1/18 7:29 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

Can't help you on the strut thing, but 265/70s will definitely fit on 8" wide wheels.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/1/18 7:48 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Cool, thanks! Now I just need to get the tire shop to throw one of the AT/S's onto a stock rim to test-fit (I'm guessing I'll pull the spare and put it on the car while they swap the tires around).

If all works well, I'll have a decent set of on/off-road tires on the QX4 for about half what buying them new would have been- and even less if I can turn around and sell the current tires on the Chevy wheels.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
2/1/18 7:53 a.m.

Sat down and made a list so i didnt forget any of the small stuff required for the brake update and suspension rebuild. Its a longer list then i thought it would be!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/1/18 8:00 a.m.

Almost a week and still hurts. Getting older blows.

wae
wae Dork
2/1/18 8:05 a.m.

I took over 1500 pictures at Daytona and now I have to go through them to get rid of the ones that are no good at all and then pick through the rest to determine which ones should get post processing and then I've got to process those.  That's almost like work.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/1/18 9:54 a.m.

That moment when you go to take a leak and realize that in your uncaffeinated foggy brained rush to get dressed this morning...you put your boxers on backwards...

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/1/18 10:09 a.m.

The first of the month again.  Time to pay bills.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/18 10:28 a.m.

Almost halfway through my two week vacation and I might as well have gone to work.  Because the rest of the year has been a mess we canceled our trip south and the wife is working this week to make up time she had to take for more health problems.  She also didn't want to go far because her father isn't doing well.  I've been home by myself getting caught up on things that have been neglected the past few months and watching TV.  Next week is looking to be no better.  

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
2/1/18 10:34 a.m.
tuna55 said:

I watched Cake, with Jennifer Aniston, someone who I had not seen on a screen since Friends. I mentioned to my wife that back in the day that was a prominent reason to watch friends, and she mentioned that she looked old. I figured she was about my age.

Jennifer Aniston is 48 years old. Wow. 

Tea Leoni is even older (52??) and still stunning.

It's fun to watch old episodes of Friends just for the Aniston scenes.   They must have kept the AC very cold on set.....

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/1/18 11:48 a.m.
mtn said:

This. So much this. I'm almost always up before SWMBO, but this week she's decided to go in early today and Tuesday, and Wednesday I had to be at work an hour earlier anyway. So I've lost an hour of sleep the past three consecutive days and today I'm feeling it. I need a nap.

1 ... 742 743 744 745 746 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XR1pyiHz56t05fHGNEKg7EeOXokQHH5nzENhGgPS7hsCnfsxgdfVm58z7ICeRV0E