1 ... 837 838 839 840 841 ... 1928
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/18 4:11 a.m.
Appleseed said:

It's political re-election commercial season.

During Duck season, we hunt ducks. Dear season, we go after Deer, Rabbit season sees us chasing the cotton tails.. so how come we do not get to bag politicians during political season?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/19/18 8:35 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

To be charged with murder, they have to be human beings first.devil

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
8/19/18 11:35 a.m.
Appleseed said:

It's political re-election commercial season.

A local congressional incumbent has been running a E36 M3 ton of attack ads on his opponent, a generally liberal combat veteran woman.  The ads are hilarious in that they clearly make me want to vote for her.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/19/18 12:20 p.m.

I haven't had a drink in over 2 years, why am I hungover this morning?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/19/18 12:38 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Dehydrated?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/19/18 1:02 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Didn't think of that. Ran out of sweat early yesterday, I guess it would make sense to feel it today. I definitely feel the 4 hours I spent sitting on a tire twisted under a fender yesterday. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
8/19/18 1:30 p.m.

My Harbor Freight auto-darkening welding helmet quit working, so I made some plug welds by getting everything lined up, then closing my eyes and making the weld.  The resulting plug welds are at least as good, and in some cases better, than those I can make with my eyes open. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
8/19/18 2:19 p.m.

MX-5 is “nearly” together so I figured i’d hook up the battery for the first time.

At which point the magic smoke came out of the fuse box.  berkeley me

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/20/18 8:22 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

MX-5 is “nearly” together so I figured i’d hook up the battery for the first time.

At which point the magic smoke came out of the fuse box.  berkeley me

Ouch. :/ Sorry I wasn't able to help out- I was fighting with wiring of a different kind for a good bit of the day Saturday, and once the Dancer got home we conked out asleep for the better part of the afternoon.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/20/18 10:11 a.m.

So, the better part of the time I had Saturday to work on things myself was spent trying to get the GFCI box wired up so that I could provide power to the hot tub to test it out. This was not a lot of fun since the wiring running to it is supposed to be 6-gauge wire, which does NOT like to be manipulated at all, so getting all 8 connections that needed to be made in the GCCI (4 for the power coming in, 4 for the wires going to the hot tub) was a challenge, made moreso by the fact it decided to rain and I had to essentially open a nearby window and finish the wiring up inside the house.

But, I finally got everything wired up and had enough time before the Dancer got back home and I could actually turn the power on to it (I'd promised her that I wouldn't try powering it on until she was there in case anything went wrong) to pull the Rampage into the garage. Once she got home, it was time to power it on and see what would happen. So with her standing by with a fire extinguisher in case anything caught fire (she's kind of paranoid about that...), I threw the main breaker in the house and then the GFCI breaker by the hot tub and.... nothing happened. Which is good in the sense of 'nothing blew up or caught on fire,' but bad in the 'nothing powered up' sense.

Some checking found that the hot tub control board was getting power to it from the GFCI box, and that the 120V-to-12V converter box would power up and the stereo would work, but nothing that was actually controlled by the board was working and the display on the controls wasn't lighting up. After a lot of poking around with a multimeter, I eventually figured out that it might be a fuse in the middle of the main board. Googling around I eventually came up with a repair guide from the board's manufacturer for troubleshooting the board and got the specific test to see if the fuse (called the 'Circuit Board Protection Fuse') was in fact blown. Running that check confirmed that yes, the fuse was blown.

OK, not problem- all I've got to do is replace that fuse, right? HAHAHAHAHA no. On this model of board, this fuse is permanently soldered to the board, and in the repair manual the solution to this fuse being blown is to replace the circuit board.

OK, call me nuts, but what's the berking point of having a 'circuit board protection fuse' if, once it blows, you have to replace the whole damn thing??? Oh, and a new replacement board is like $1000. So of course I now have a $1 replacement fuse and $4 in-line fuse holder coming from Amazon that I'll solder in place of the fixed, 'unreplaceable' fuse.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/20/18 10:57 a.m.

It's so damn smokey here. I tried sleeping with the windows open last night because it was like 60°F but I had to close them due to the choking smoke. It seems like entire West is on fire sad

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/20/18 12:02 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

Air quality index hit 404 in spokane last night, it was terrible

stanger_missle
8/20/18 12:22 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Oh damn. Lewiston is at 239 currently. I don't suffer from any allergies but it still burns the eyes and mucous membranes.

Yuck.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
8/20/18 12:31 p.m.

Is it bad that I think I’d prefer to be out there versus the mold and pollen haven that is Ohio?  We’re getting all the rain you need, instead of having our traditional drier late summer.

wae
wae SuperDork
8/20/18 12:42 p.m.

Putting a new oil pressure sender onto my friend's  PT cruiser last night turned in to drinking whisky until 2am and I'm dragging hard today.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/20/18 12:51 p.m.

I've gotta get to a doctor. My focus has been way off, no motivation, and I'm super tired all of the time. My first thought was depression, but it [likley, in my educated but not formally so, opinion) isn't depression. I'm leaning towards either sleep apnea or else a thyroid issue. In any case, doesn't make life easy.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
8/20/18 1:00 p.m.

Not feeling it today.  Wanted to go over the SVT and locate the oil sender unit now that I dug the camera/flexy thingy out of the other storage.  But just not feeling it.  Mix of evil work/debt relief frustration/watching Russian car crashes until 6am.  Watching any youtube is always a warning sign for me.  Okay I'll go read a few militant Catholic essays then get my butt out of here.  indecision

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/20/18 2:52 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Is it bad that I think I’d prefer to be out there versus the mold and pollen haven that is Ohio?  We’re getting all the rain you need, instead of having our traditional drier late summer.

You dont believe me. Mold and pollen suck but antihistamines can get you thru.

This is sticking your head in a campfire with no escape.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/20/18 3:20 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Yea, screw that. I'll take the mold, pollen, constant rain, and mosquitos over heavy smoke and threat of my house burning down any day. I feel for you guys out there.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/20/18 3:26 p.m.
mtn said:

I've gotta get to a doctor. My focus has been way off, no motivation, and I'm super tired all of the time. My first thought was depression, but it [likley, in my educated but not formally so, opinion) isn't depression. I'm leaning towards either sleep apnea or else a thyroid issue. In any case, doesn't make life easy.

Sleep apnea is a good contender.  Do you usually have to get up in the middle of the night to pee?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
8/20/18 3:40 p.m.
Antihero said:
eastsideTim said:

I understand it’s bad, and way more dangerous than what we’ve got.  I’ve been in Glacier during wildfires, and in the south during the fires back in 2016.  Getting really tired of the summer heat and humidity here, then getting the added mold from extra rainfall has just been annoying.

stanger_missle
8/20/18 4:07 p.m.
Antihero said:
eastsideTim said:

Yep, I lived in Omaha for 8 years, which had a lot of pollen. Fortunately, I don't have allergies. I then moved to Tampa for 4 years. I simply could not get rid of the mold in my rented townhouse.

This is the intake side of the updraft furnace in that house. It sucked.

But yeah, I'll take a few weeks of poor air quality from wildfire smoke over dealing with other issues year round.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/20/18 4:10 p.m.

Ive been out for a week and two days. 

My coworker, whose job i did entirely for a month, including what she was behind on, while she was out with a family death, didn't do one single berkeleying thing for me. Not return voicemails that she was forwarded from mine. Not calling prividers like my very specific 2 page list stated. Notagoddam thing. What i asked her to do would have taken 45 minutes when i asked her to.  Instead, by her complete and total inability to do a berkeleying THING, i now have multiple people in crisis, effectively tripling my workload. 

berkeleying useless E36 M3. Can't wait to see when she gets fired. I'll dance a berkeleying jig and kick her in the ass on the way out the door.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/20/18 4:10 p.m.
Duke said:
mtn said:

Sleep apnea is a good contender.  Do you usually have to get up in the middle of the night to pee?

No, never. But I do have excess neck skin (aka double chin), and am overweight.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/20/18 4:31 p.m.
mtn said:
Duke said:
mtn said:

No, never. But I do have excess neck skin (aka double chin), and am overweight.

The peeing thing is not a diagnosis, but it is a symptom.  The restricted breathing causes your system to dump adrenaline into your bloodstream, which simultaneously wakes you up and makes you need to pee.

Does your partner / roomate / whatever slap you awake and tell you to stop snoring?  Have you ever woken yourself up snoring?

1 ... 837 838 839 840 841 ... 1928

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8bO2RX2O1ETKPN2ypzDyRWjdGkaLMLeMRQInrYzNDZMaJEDEUzu2JTliNt1IfNwZ