1 ... 838 839 840 841 842 ... 1929
mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/20/18 4:42 p.m.
Duke said:
mtn said:
Duke said:
mtn said:

I've gotta get to a doctor. My focus has been way off, no motivation, and I'm super tired all of the time. My first thought was depression, but it [likley, in my educated but not formally so, opinion) isn't depression. I'm leaning towards either sleep apnea or else a thyroid issue. In any case, doesn't make life easy.

Sleep apnea is a good contender.  Do you usually have to get up in the middle of the night to pee?

No, never. But I do have excess neck skin (aka double chin), and am overweight.

The peeing thing is not a diagnosis, but it is a symptom.  The restricted breathing causes your system to dump adrenaline into your bloodstream, which simultaneously wakes you up and makes you need to pee.

Does your partner / roomate / whatever slap you awake and tell you to stop snoring?  Have you ever woken yourself up snoring?

Only when I drink. I don't drink much anymore. If I sleep on my back, yes I have that problem. 

I know the symptoms, I have some of them (tiredness, high BP, etc.). 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/20/18 4:43 p.m.
mtn said:

I've gotta get to a doctor. My focus has been way off, no motivation, and I'm super tired all of the time. My first thought was depression, but it [likley, in my educated but not formally so, opinion) isn't depression. I'm leaning towards either sleep apnea or else a thyroid issue. In any case, doesn't make life easy.

I had much the same problem and the doc put me on antidepressants.  I’m on about my sixth one now.  Nothing has helped the inability to focus at work.   Some have helped a lot with anxiety and anger management.  Thyroid is fine.  I bet if I do a sleep study they will say I have apnea.  

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/18 6:01 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

It doesn’t hurt to get checked.  Once I started getting treated a lot of that got better. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
8/20/18 6:28 p.m.

Still couldn't find the location of the oil sender unit.  But this is the second time recently I've been under there looking at things and this is a restoration project now.  Maybe a new subframe.  Tasca has one for north of $300.  There will be a lot of first time stuff to do the obligatory timing belt on an SVT of course.  Scuffed knuckles cursing cuts more cursing some dollars spent yet more cursing but it'll be interesting to take it on by myself.  My only real rant is that I don't want to go over to the E36 M3ty snotty why don't you use the search function mark specific boards to spend hours of my life finding a thread that kind of tells me where the farkin' oil sender unit is.  It certainly doesn't seem to in the spot a youtube video made look so easy.  Oh well I'll curse my stupidity when I do locate it.  laugh

edit.  Ok I'll make it a proper rant.  It is absolutely disgraceful how a relatively modern car can have fastener brackets panels frame parts that rust as they do nowadays.  Disgraceful. indecision

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/18 6:31 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:
Appleseed said:

It's political re-election commercial season.

A local congressional incumbent has been running a E36 M3 ton of attack ads on his opponent, a generally liberal combat veteran woman.  The ads are hilarious in that they clearly make me want to vote for her.

This, for all "attack" ads.

My favorite were the ones where it sounded like the reader-guy was getting ready to cry because Jeep was making vehicles... in *CHINA*, instead of the US.

Fact:  China is a huge emerging market for middle-class products and any business that makes them would be fiscally negligent to ignore it.

Fact:  China has horrendous intellectual property laws, where basically if you sell it there, you have to give up the IP rights to it

So, if you wanted to exploit this HUGE market, it only makes sense to sell things there that have no real IP value, like designs that are two or three generations old.  And if you will do that, it only makes sense to make those products THERE if the labor is cheaper, instead of making it where labor is expensive and then paying to ship it over.  So all you really need to do is some remote management and profit-reaping.

I forget the name of the axiom, but there is a tendency for people to believe any BS they hear in fields they are unfamiliar with, but will call out the slightest discrepancy in fields they ARE cognizant in.  The interesting part is they will simultaneously call out the BS (however minor) while believing every word in other fields from the same source.

Wally
8/20/18 7:44 p.m.

The worst part of every week.  The wife is back with her mother while I get to drive home by myself for another five days of living alone which I’m not very good at.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/20/18 8:37 p.m.

Some berkeley just used my FR-S' bumper as a parking block. 200 parking stalls in the rain swept lot, most of which are a lot closer, and they decide to park right in front of me. 

In my most civil, stern tone I will start the dialog with, " We need to talk..." I'm sure it's going to be down hill from there.

I've been through too much E36 M3 with this car to just let it go. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/21/18 8:00 a.m.
Wally said:

The worst part of every week.  The wife is back with her mother while I get to drive home by myself for another five days of living alone which I’m not very good at.

You need a cat.

Wally
8/21/18 9:24 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Bob has been unreliable, he shows up maybe  1-2 nights a week tops.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/21/18 2:46 p.m.

I'm running 75 in a 60. I'm passing a line of cars in the right lane. Parking your big ass truck 2' off my bumper is not conducive to making me go any faster.

Incase you didn't notice, it makes me downshift to 2nd, because I wouldn't want the brake lights to keep you from having to clean your drawers. berkeleynuts.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/21/18 3:47 p.m.

Well, kept weight off the kneed as much as I could all weekend with lots of ice and elevation.  Crutches and stairs are right of my list of things I enjoy.

Got in to see the surgeon again with a fresh round of xrays.  For whatever reasons, between the pre-existing arthritis that got cleaned up during the surgery and the continued inflammation, there's essentially no cartilage left.

Apparently, what I'm left to do at this point is continue recover as best possible, assess the pain level once stabilized, and move on to planning the joint replacement.

May was well get it done while I'm up against my annual max-out-of pocket on my insurance.

Holding out hope to get it together well enough to make it through an HPDE at Grattan mid September.  Pretty sure I can gut it out for that, but since it's my left knee that's up against the driver's door, I'll surely be a hurtin' unit at the end of that.  Still convinced that will be worth it.

Speaking of which, what originally got my knee into this shape was a hike down the Bright Angel trail to the Colorado River, followed by 130 miles down the river on rafts over the next 8 days.  That was spectacular, and still worth this.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/21/18 4:37 p.m.

The oxygen sensor i was given had mis machined threads.  Which means i try to get to tap an almost impossible to reach hole.

Yay.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
8/21/18 7:19 p.m.

It rained out the first day of flag football workouts. Not sure how there going to sort teams without it this season.

Wally
8/21/18 7:27 p.m.

My bedroom smoke detector started beeping for a couple minutes, then it stopped.  It's a month old ten year Kidde, I don't see any smoke or fire but I'm not sure I want to go to bed now.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/21/18 7:32 p.m.
Wally said:

.....but I'm not sure I want to go to bed now.

No, you don’t want to go to bed.  It’s only 7:30pm.  

Wally
8/21/18 7:46 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I was thinking about it. The internet is an hour behind and I need to get up at 3:30

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/21/18 7:50 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Try a new battery? Even if it's only been a month who knows how long the battery sat on the shelf beforehand. 

Hopefully it's nothing, like when my cat stares at the closet door for an hour. Now when the dog stares at the closet door for an hour, you know E36 M3 ain't right. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/22/18 9:01 a.m.

I've self-diagnosed myself with either (or some combination of) ADD, ADHD, Depression, a thyroid issue, or sleep apnea. It obviously could be something else that is causing the symptoms, but common medical logic would leave me to believe it is one of the above.

I'm trying to schedule a doctors appointment. Why is it so hard to schedule a doctors appointment? Really? No openings for a month?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/22/18 9:20 a.m.
mtn said:

I'm trying to schedule a doctors appointment. Why is it so hard to schedule a doctors appointment? Really? No openings for a month?

It's ridiculous.  And most medical front office staff have an attitude like they're berking neurosurgeons, too, instead of receptionists.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/22/18 10:44 a.m.

And the saga of the hot tub continues (and likely will, for a bit...).

Yesterday the new fuse and holder came in, so I was anxious to get it installed and see if the main board was going to work properly. Getting the old fuse removed and the new holder soldered in its place wasn't too challenging, so after checking over the connections again I crossed my fingers and threw the breakers to power it up.

At first nothing happened after throwing the GFCI breaker, but when I went over and looked at the board I could see that a LED on it was lit that hadn't been before- and a few moments later one of the pumps powered up and started pumping. Checking the control pad I could see that it was powered up and displaying the proper info, though it was indicating a FLO error (more on that later) and obviously that the temp was way below the setting. Unfortunately, things didn't run smoothly for long- after running for a few minutes I heard a change in tone from the pump and what sounded like water splashing from somewhere other than in the tub. Checking the pump that had been running, it was spraying water out from the bottom of the plastic housing which I could see was broken around a couple of the screws that held it together.

So, powered down the GFCI and shut all of the valves in the system so I can pull the pump out to figure out how to fix it- and at this point find out that the shut-off valves/gates apparently don't seal perfectly as even when closed there was still a trickle of water coming out from the two hoses that I pulled from the damaged pump. Looking over the pump, it was clear that the housing was damaged and that the seal inside had likely not been able to take the pressure when the pump was running and would need to be replaced. The good news- this is common enough that the replacement part was easy to track down and not altogether too expensive (at least compared to a whole new pump). But, now I have to wait for the replacement part to show up. I could probably get it from the local spa supply place a lot more quickly- but I know it would probably end up costing several times what getting it online did.

Thinking about everything after the fact I've also come to the conclusion that I likely had the pumps hooked up wrong to the board- there are two pump connections with identical connectors, and no real indication as to which should be #1 and which should be #2. I think I had them backwards which would explain the FLO (flow sensor) error since the pump that directly pumps water through the heater unit was not the one running. I doubt this was the cause of the pump's failure (it was clearly already cracked), but it will hopefully elimate the FLO indicator.

So, more waiting. At least hopefully I have time to work on the Rampage...

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
8/22/18 11:40 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

At this rate, is it possible you’ll need it transported to the cabin before it’s ready, and just finish fixing it there?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/22/18 12:18 p.m.

Get off my lawn, etc., etc.: 

"news" stories and links that say things such as "Person throws shade at whatever" and "Jakes savage remarks against blah" 

It is all clickbait. I understand that clickbait is the modern day version of a good headline, but at least back it up with a good story that substantiates the headline. If the headline can be answered with a single sentence, then it sucks. 

I should just delete facebook. I don't know why i haven't yet.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/22/18 12:27 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

The only winning move is not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/22/18 12:35 p.m.

There's nothing wrong with Facebook once you condition yourself to "Hide All From..." the original source every time you see a comment that includes any variation of the following:

• X destroys Y with one simple...

• X item list!  You won't believe #Y...

• X does Y and the internet goes crazy...

• X is going viral...

• X should Y!  Like and Share if...

• X out of Y people won't...

That's not a comprehensive list, but it's a good start if you don't want to E36 M3can the whole mess entirely.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/22/18 12:37 p.m.

I sneezed. With a busted rib.

1 ... 838 839 840 841 842 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6BgLh3mXC2Mg1CwPdRZgwSHek6nLONJ6Gh1VG51uHbxI9kGkVNJkY45rgS00pqCU