Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/10/18 10:23 p.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

Thanks, ill take a look

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/18 6:27 a.m.

Ugh! The wife can’t catch a break. This week we were looking forward to spending the whole week together since I am off. She came down with a sinus infection and a UTI in the beginning of the week that antibiotics don’t seem to be putting a dent in. She’s also been pushing herself hard in PT now that she’s cleared to move her ankle. Yesterday we went to the wound center and found out that at some point this week she’s reopened the skin on her ankle and has to slow down a it until it recloses. The doctor expects it to take another four weeks or so.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/11/18 7:24 a.m.

In reply to Wally :

I feel for you buddy.  My wife is 56 and has some issues and sometimes she reminds me I “got” her good years already.   

Sorry about your wife’s battle.  

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/11/18 7:36 a.m.

63 emails, 19 voicemails, and 27 emergencies that must be handled today. 

From being out a dsy and a half.

berkeley this.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/11/18 8:32 a.m.

In reply to Wally  :

I'm glad she's motivated to kick ass in PT. I've seen too many people go the other direction. She will win. It'll just take a bit longer.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/11/18 8:44 a.m.

Yeah, best of luck to you guys, Wally!  I know it's been rough.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/11/18 9:23 a.m.
Duke said:
RevRico said:

Why does it have to be so hard to find good information about state requirements for things online?

Because government.  No one else can vomit such titanic masses of irrelevant detail while failing so completely to cover the basic points. 

Seriously, there is a clear protocol to follow in getting a building permit in every jurisdiction in the US.  Usually it consists of a multi-step review process and some forms to fill out.  Try finding it outlined in clear terms on any agency website anywhere.  You never will.

It's been 3 days now of reading restaurant, food vending, and catering rules and regulations in the state. Turns out, I need a state license, but also could need a license for every different municipality I may work in because the locals don't recognize the states licensing. My brain hurts. I now completely understand why people have lawyers and hire employees who go to school specifically for dealing with these things. I'm also beginning to see why there aren't as many roadside bbq joints as there used to be. But honestly I think it's my own fault, couple phone calls and I could talk to people who've done this themselves already, I just don't want to reveal that I'm planning on being in direct competition with them yet. And I can't call places I wouldn't be competing with because they're in a different county, with their own crazy rules. 

Oh, and if you thought car insurance shopping was fun, try getting a quote for business insurance for estimating cost breakdowns without being a business yet. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
10/11/18 11:17 a.m.

Two weeks ago it was 90* and 90% humidity. Tomorrow night has a chance of snow.

Please remind me why I live in Illinois!!

Antihero
10/11/18 11:26 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

berkeley this.

Whatever job that is....i recommend a shiny new job instead

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/18 11:37 a.m.
SaltyDog said:

Two weeks ago it was 90* and 90% humidity. Tomorrow night has a chance of snow.

Please remind me why I live in Illinois!!

It's better than yesterday you had a house, today you don't? 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/11/18 12:12 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

In Illinois we have tornadoes. It's often a guessing game and little warning. I'll take my chances with planned hurricane evacuation verses getting an unscheduled 2x4 rocketing into my home at 200mph.

Tell me again why I live in Illinois? 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/11/18 12:19 p.m.
Antihero said:
Dusterbd13 said:

berkeley this.

Whatever job that is....i recommend a shiny new job instead

If i could find something in a different field that paid 55k a year with insurance that i qualified for, id be there. Alas, it seems like I'm stuck in mental health crisis and housing....

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
10/11/18 12:32 p.m.

Finally buy tabs for my beater vehicle. I get surprised with new plates, ok NBD. Try to take the rear plate off, bolts are stuck. Go to start the vehicle, cylinder 3 misfire.

On the positive side, I didn't get pulled over on the way to work.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
10/11/18 12:50 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

Very true.

My heart goes out to all these folks.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
10/12/18 10:15 a.m.

Minor I know but after my fiasco with the wiring harness in the NC I bought this summer, it's making me more and more bummed about ever getting it back from the shop and actually running.  It lived at my buddies shop for a month and when he couldn't take it any further (actually starting), it was towed to the Mazda dealership a week ago.  They'll call when they come up with something......glad I have other cars but this sucks.

Antihero
10/12/18 11:19 a.m.

My rant of the day.....tomorrow the first of our guests fly in for the wedding.....and i woke up last night with some stomach upset. Some are flying from australia to see us.....i cant berkeleying be sick

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish New Reader
10/12/18 12:19 p.m.

I have flushed the brakes on my car three times in the last three months.  Still have a super soft pedal.  Either I'm stupid or something more expensive than brake fluid is wrong with the system.  I hope it's just one or the other, but the two aren't mutually exclusive...

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/12/18 12:27 p.m.

NASCAR is a sanctioning body not a type of car!  Saying I drove a NASCAR is like saying I hit a PGA when you whack a golf ball.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/12/18 2:12 p.m.

I have never once had somebody thank me for what i do for them at work. (Clients, not coworkers.) Instead i move heaven and eart, saving people from their own piss poor decisions and emergencies entirely of their own making time and time again. What do i get in return? Investigated for not returning voicemails. While im on vacation for medical stuff. 

berkeleying hate my job.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/12/18 2:36 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Watch the rubber lines closely when someone stands on the brakes (engine running for vacuum boost). Ive had them perceptably swell causing a squishy pedal

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/12/18 3:20 p.m.

*Leaves work*

5 Minutes into driving home the most critical system craps out. 

I'm now back at work. We'll see how long this takes to fix. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/12/18 4:30 p.m.
APEowner said:

NASCAR is a sanctioning body not a type of car!  Saying I drove a NASCAR is like saying I hit a PGA when you whack a golf ball.

Berking THANK YOU.  That incenses me.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
10/12/18 6:12 p.m.

berkeley this weather, it went from August to November temps overnight.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/12/18 7:13 p.m.
fasted58 said:

berkeley this weather, it went from August to November temps overnight.

Ha...Its been November weather here since September 7.  It is supposed to warm up to October weather sometime next week.

I wanna move to Texas.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/12/18 7:27 p.m.

At this point I don’t give a crap what temperature it is, JUST MAKE THE RAIN AND HUMIDITY GO AWAY. 

1 ... 857 858 859 860 861 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IwE3EXLZ00GXoGWAMiqT7IitLBO9FblEHksMSsPCTLSYTqcZiFHluXUEU6Xasoc8