1 ... 986 987 988 989 990 ... 1927
Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/13/19 8:44 a.m.

In reply to Cotton :

There is little doubt that we're not as enthusiastic about the cabin as we were when we got started- but we're still confident that when this is all over and it's done and we can enjoy it ourselves and it is earning money when it's rented out that it will work out. If it doesn't? We know that the cabin/treehouse company that owns all of the surrounding lots would love to buy ours and have the whole tract to themselves.

For the time being it looks like we're not going to have to go as far as actually filing a police report- the simple threat of doing so was enough to get a response and a promise to drop off the materials tomorrow morning. Of course, nothing is certain until we actually have everything in hand- and it doesn't yet address the issue of him having to report on what has been spent of the last disbursement- but it at least allows us to move forward. We will still be meeting with a lawyer regarding what options/chances we have of being able to recoup some of what we've already paid to offset what we'll have to pay to have what he did wrong fixed, but that will likely take some definite time.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
6/13/19 9:01 a.m.

Depression sucks.

wae
wae SuperDork
6/13/19 10:02 a.m.

I asked you to disconnect a phone line back in August of last year and you "suspended" it instead.  That means you've charged me about $177 for a service that I told you to turn off.  When I call to fix that and get a bill credit is probably not the best time to try to upsell me on Directv.

Also, I can't believe I haven't checked my bill in that long.  That was dumb.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
6/13/19 12:20 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) maybe the old contractor will pay the new contractor to fix his mistakes, then you won't have to get a lawyer involved?

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
6/13/19 12:27 p.m.

What a time we live in. I can order something from across the country, get it in reasonable time, and not have to pay the shipping!??! Amazing. And I mean that. Absolutely amazing.

On the other hand, Dammit, I want it NOW!

Ashyukun (Robert)
6/13/19 12:43 p.m.

In reply to TRoglodyte :

We can barely get the fired contractor to pick up the phone or reply to simple messages- I seriously doubt that he is going to get anywhere close to doing something like that. 

JustChris
JustChris
6/13/19 12:44 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

So Hey Hi, first time on... a virgin I guess you can say. I need to talk truck tires

JustChris
JustChris New Reader
6/13/19 12:45 p.m.

Can someone help

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
6/13/19 12:54 p.m.

In reply to JustChris :

This thread is for bitchin and belly aching, you got a truck tire problem?

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/13/19 1:32 p.m.

I still don't understand why simply asking somebody to make an offer usually kills any sort of deal I try to make. I'm probably fairly flexible on this junk I have sitting in my way but I'm not gonna drop my price any more than I have to. So you tell me what you think my crap is worth to you and then we'll go from there. I thought the rules to this bullE36 M3 game were pretty simple.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/13/19 1:38 p.m.
Daylan C said:

I still don't understand why simply asking somebody to make an offer usually kills any sort of deal I try to make. I'm probably fairly flexible on this junk I have sitting in my way but I'm not gonna drop my price any more than I half to. So you tell me what you think my crap is worth to you and the  we'll go from there. I thought the rules to this bullE36 M3 game were pretty simple.

And remember, if they offer you too low, just set that E36 M3 on fire in front of them

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/13/19 1:41 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

The item is question is a set of stock 16" mustang wheels without tires. Any remotely reasonable offer will probably buy them. And I don't have the means to light aluminum on fire in a controlled manner.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/13/19 2:00 p.m.
Daylan C said:

I still don't understand why simply asking somebody to make an offer usually kills any sort of deal I try to make. I'm probably fairly flexible on this junk I have sitting in my way but I'm not gonna drop my price any more than I have to. So you tell me what you think my crap is worth to you and then we'll go from there. I thought the rules to this bullE36 M3 game were pretty simple.

It's because both of you are doing the same thing.  You don't want to set a price for fear it will be too low, he doesn't want to make an offer for fear it will be too high 

Put a price on your junk.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/13/19 2:07 p.m.
Duke said:

Went on a car manufacturer's configurator and put together my ideal car.  It's not configured the way your average customer is going to want.  Searched inventory and found one just right at a dealer in CT.

Called.

They won't budge off MSRP.

This car is killing me.  It's literally my perfect vehicle.  It's priced about 20% over what I'd really like to pay, but I could still afford it.  I just won't let myself.

Grrrr.

Somebody who will let themselves is going to get a really nice car.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/13/19 2:22 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Dude, charcoal and a hair dryer. Been there, done that. A steel drum makes melting wheels a cinch

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/13/19 2:34 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

It clearly says $150 in both the title and description. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/13/19 2:56 p.m.
Daylan C said:

So you tell me what you think my crap is worth to you and then we'll go from there. I thought the rules to this bullE36 M3 game were pretty simple.

We're not a haggling based culture, it makes a lot of people uncomfortable. Or, as was said before, you're both trying to play the same game. 

I also feel your pain. Right now I have a set of 17" 6x5.5 truck wheels for sale for $200 and barely anybody is interested in them at all, and the ones that are want all four for $50. It seems 20" is where it's at these days. Sooner or later somebody with an older truck will curb a wheel or want a refresh. I can wait.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/13/19 3:07 p.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

It clearly says $150 in both the title and description. 

Then I got no answer for you.  Maybe they got beaten up for asking a rude question once?

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
6/13/19 3:41 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

I'd tell him they're now $175 and see what he says. Then $200 and so on and so on.

Edit: maybe that's why I rarely sell my crap. I'd rather give it away than deal with most people.

Ashyukun (Robert)
6/13/19 4:20 p.m.

The Dancer's Mac Mini is slow (they have 4GB of memory and SLOOOOW HDDs) and it annoys her on a daily basis. I can't fix the memory problem (soldered to the board), but I have a SSD to replace the HDD with, including having cloned it off the HDD so she would likely notice no difference other than it being much faster. All I need is for her to actually be able to shut the computer down and about 2 hours with her not using it- and with her gone at rehearsals most nights for the next month, that time is easy to get. When I ask her about having it good to shut down, she says she doesn't want to have to deal with that until after the show (a month away). She LITERALLY spends more time each day complaining to me about the computer than it would take for her to ONE TIME make sure everything is saved and good to go, and she will do this every day- likely more than once- for the next month. *bangs head on desk*

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
6/13/19 4:44 p.m.
wae said:

I asked you to disconnect a phone line back in August of last year and you "suspended" it instead.  That means you've charged me about $177 for a service that I told you to turn off.  When I call to fix that and get a bill credit is probably not the best time to try to upsell me on Directv.

It's worse than that.  When I called to discontinue my deceased Daughter's landline,cable, and internet, they tried to upsell me. (They knew the reason I was calling).

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
6/13/19 5:11 p.m.
Duke said:
Duke said:

Went on a car manufacturer's configurator and put together my ideal car.  It's not configured the way your average customer is going to want.  Searched inventory and found one just right at a dealer in CT.

Called.

This car is killing me.  It's literally my perfect vehicle.  It's priced about 20% over what I'd really like to pay, but I could still afford it.  I just won't let myself.

Grrrr.

Get it man!  You know you’ll regret it if you don’t.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/13/19 5:42 p.m.
Duke said:
Duke said:

Called.

Grrrr.

treat yo self

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/13/19 5:49 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

You sure the memory’s not upgradable? I did a quick google search for “Mac mini upgrade memory” and came up with a bunch of recommendations even on 2018 models. The base 4gb might be soldered in but maybe there’s a slot for more on top of that. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
6/13/19 5:56 p.m.

The (new) 2018 model is different than the 2014-2018 model, I'm pretty sure there's no way to upgrade it...

"The teardown experts over at iFixit recently took apart the base model 2014 Mac Mini with a 500GB hard drive and 1.4GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 processor. The DIY site found that upgrading the Mac mini's RAM is now pretty much impossible, but adding an internal SSD at a later date just might be doable."

1 ... 986 987 988 989 990 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h4r4iwNTUy1gIy2vm1shKFtIFkTNxxbs67LU5IWvCaVu9zzVb11BGjBfyUHh02D3