1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 292
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/20 8:30 a.m.

Today, had to stop three times on the way to work to release pressure from the cooling system before it blew something apart, despite keeping the revs high so it doesn't build boost.

Traffic was full of shiny happy people.  

On the way in to work, I tagged the curb, doing this.

Tire done.

Why is it a win?  It's so much that I'm laughing.  And it's really no big deal.

- New engine is already on order.

- Tire has road hazard protection

- Tires are almost new, which means I don't have to buy three tires out of pocket because AWD

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
1/27/20 12:04 p.m.

Got further than expected over the weekend swapping my three 8' wide bays of 10' tall, 36" deep pallet racking to two 12' wide bays of 12' tall, 42" deep pallet racking. Eventually when the loft comes out that bottom shelf comes out and I will be able to park cars, toolboxes, or whatever underneath the racking.

Knurled.
1/27/20 7:49 p.m.

In reply to oldopelguy :

Holy crap, your place deserves the title of Batcave way more than mine.  I'm identifying a bunch of LS type motors, a big block Mopar, racks and crates and all sorts of stuff I can't even identify...

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
1/28/20 10:47 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Yeah, that's about half the engines in storage showing in that pic. Unfortunately just after I bought the place I had to empty out the family farm in a hurry and everything got essentially dumped into my shop and not really organized. Now that I have some breathing room with the new cold storage building I can finally get things assessed and parked away semi permanently. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/28/20 10:50 a.m.

Dude that's sweet. I'd love to have a cold storage building with pallet racking.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
1/29/20 7:24 a.m.

Drove the Passat in to work this morning.  It's an '07 with 155K miles on it and to the best I can tell not only does everything work the way it's supposed to, it had NO warning lights of any sort.

I'm sure it's using up my allotment of luck right now and if I got rid of it I'd win the lottery with all my spare luck (that's how it works, right?)

Knurled.
1/29/20 7:36 a.m.

Engine shipped.  There was apparently a weight snafu that prevented shipping on Tuesday.  Luck permitting, should see the engine on Friday.

wae
wae UltraDork
1/29/20 8:05 a.m.

They have begun the process of discharging dad from the hospital.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
1/29/20 9:10 a.m.
wae said:

They have begun the process of discharging dad from the hospital.

Awesome!  Hope you all have a smooth trip home.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/29/20 10:09 p.m.

After 12 months of fighting, an insane amount of costs, 70k miles on just her car, and two full days of trial, future Mrs. Javelin 2.0 was awarded full custody of her two kids.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/29/20 11:57 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Congratulations!

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/29/20 11:59 p.m.

Car parts!!!

wae
wae UltraDork
1/30/20 4:59 a.m.

Wow.  9 days later, I'm finally home from the Rolex.  Come for the race cars, stay for the appendectomy!  Did the drive home from Dayton Beach in one sitting with only two stops for fuel.  890 miles, 16 hours and I've been awake for 24 hours now.  But we made it!

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/30/20 5:11 a.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill :

Dog is happy too!

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
1/30/20 5:45 p.m.

My 72 C50 Firetruck needs some updating.  I have a new HEI distributor (to replace the points), Edelbrock aluminum intake,  and Quick Fuel 4 barrel carb to go on.  It was a local pumper truck and has less than 10k original miles.  Also got comprehensive insurance on it,  which was ridiculously cheap,  but even crazier because adding it to my policy resulted in additional discounts to the point where instead of paying them to insure it I'm getting a refund check.  There is a "you know you have too many vehicles insured" joke in there somewhere.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/30/20 8:27 p.m.

DW got me The Stig's LEGO rally car - motorized and Bluetooth controlled!

Knurled.
1/30/20 8:33 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

If that is a Metro 6R4. then LEGO managed to make a LEGO 6R4 that is less angular than the real thing.

It's somewhat amusing to watch vintage Group B footage coming out of England because the commentators always talk up the 6R4 as being the latest, greatest thing, and it was doing swimmingly until (it broke/driver error/other excuse) but great things are surely to come.

15 years later, in a UK car rag, it was described as "intensely ugly".

I wonder what the French motor press would have had to say about the Citroen BX-I-forget, if not for the Peugeot 205 that rather dominated with only the Lancias to keep them in check.

Knurled.
1/31/20 8:09 a.m.

Mazda rule.

Even in their bigmammajamma SUV...

The shift pattern is correct.

(2019 CX-9)

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
1/31/20 9:18 a.m.

Man I hope this one turns into a win.

I just got word that my son can take my spot on our King of the Heap team.  Tomorrow I'll be strapping my lad in a $500 BMW and sending him out on a real race track.  He's gonna have a blast......but holy FSM I'll be a nervous dad.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
2/2/20 2:12 p.m.

Channeled my inner Nelson and bought this today:

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/20 2:20 p.m.

Apparently I spent enough on car parts for today as one of the cats is now napping on my wallet.

Knurled.
2/2/20 10:28 p.m.

You know what makes a BLT even better?

Fried egg.

You know what is even better than a EBLT?

Two of them.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
2/3/20 7:18 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

See also grilled cheese with fried egg, bacon, and tomato (the lettuce wilts weird).

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/3/20 7:25 a.m.

Got my first paycheck since April 2002. Feels good. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/3/20 7:28 a.m.

Last night at about 930, the adapter on my Sennheiser headset died. Hop in Amazon, expecting one sometime Tuesday. Go to check out, guaranteed by 0800 today is an extra 3 bucks. Ok, I'm curious enough to spend 3 extra dollars to see if this is real. 

Got shipping confirmation at 0745, and sure enough when I put pants on and went to look, it was there. That was kinda awesome. 

1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hPlAK2Mx7RzvTwIEZcyoD6r4zfMkYTgtBfcpEdampbmaZpJrMpqxuiwIjWLPLwW9