RichardNZ New Reader
8/24/20 1:09 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Cool car - what class does it run ?

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/20 2:55 a.m.

In reply to RichardNZ :

It's a small block modified.  He was also running a big block car every week until our local track stopped running, there's nowhere convenient to run it right now.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
8/24/20 10:06 a.m.

After a disastrously bad spell of driving during the morning runs at the last CNY SCCA autorcross yesterday (all 4 runs had DNFs or multiple cones attached to them) I got my act together enough in the afternoon to put down a run good for 7th in raw times and 14th in PAX. I also ended up finishing out the season 3rd in our ST/CAM/XS class (just beat 4th by 0.63 points) and 15th overall. I seriously thought I was going to be 4th or 5th in class for the season. I also got to take some people out for fun runs in the car and terrify them, which is one of my favorite things to do.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
8/24/20 11:17 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Do they have spectators now? I am only 30 miles from Grandview and 70 from Big Diamond.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/24/20 11:27 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

They are both open for spectators. There was a disappointing lack of masks and distancing, I was probably the only one at either place with one but everything was open and putting on good shows.  I'm kind of surprised masks haven't caught on at dirt races, it's nice not coughing up chunks of mud on the ride home.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/24/20 11:30 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Grandview is having a show Thursday with modifieds and Tony Stewart's sprint car tour. I can't get out of work but the guy I was helping, Dillon Steuer should be there. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/24/20 6:14 p.m.

Insurance is picking up part of the tab on my fat meds. My doc seemed pretty sure this would help me finally lose some weight without getting surgery. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/28/20 8:50 a.m.

Showed The Dancer the Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure last night, and unlike many of the movies that I have to talk her into watching she enjoyed it (or at least laughed a lot). I expect she won't like Bogus Journey as much, but then again I think that reaction was pretty much universal...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/28/20 9:24 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

They weren't just clever titles!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/28/20 10:26 a.m.

The dryer wasn't broken, the vent was just clogged

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/28/20 12:31 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Yeah. I actually liked Bogus Journey, and appreciated that they didn't just repeat the same formula from the first one. It was still a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to the third (and presumably final) one even if it seems like one of the trailers probably spoiled the twist...

Pete. (l33t FS)
8/28/20 1:40 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

I have a soft spot for Bogus Journey, mainly Death's deadpan comments (See you soon!), and the part at the end where Bill and Ted outwitted De Nomolos.

Have not seen any trailers for the new movie, on purpose.  Modern trailers ruin movies.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/29/20 12:20 p.m.

Putting foundation sealer (tar)  on my aunt's garage. Knew its nasty work, because some of the area is behind an AC unit that I'm not moving. lots of on my belly work. Put on trash clothes. Because tar. Did fantastic. No tar on anything but the rubber gloves.  

Then I get full of myself and try to glop a handful behind the AC, where it's the tightest and the brush I was using is unmaneuverable. 

Spooged a bunch all over my arm. E36 M3, I'm gonna have to wear this all day, leaving spots on everything I touch.  No mineral spirits at the aunts house. Not even gasoline.  What am I going to do?

WD40. It's mostly kerosene, so..? HOLY HOT E36 M3! IT WORKS! Melted that tar off like no tomorrow.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/29/20 12:35 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

Showed The Dancer the Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure last night, and unlike many of the movies that I have to talk her into watching she enjoyed it (or at least laughed a lot). I expect she won't like Bogus Journey as much, but then again I think that reaction was pretty much universal...

Bogus journey was largely inferior, aside from reaper rap and the Steve vai solo during battle of the bands. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/29/20 2:28 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

You forgot Primus. That's the catalist that got me into alternative rock. I had no older cousins or brothers to say, "Hey, check out this band." 

They must have impressed someone, because, even though that band packs 3-5,000 person venues, consistently,  they were pretty much shunned by radio and MTV.

Pete. (l33t FS)
8/29/20 2:46 p.m.

For some reason, I was remembering Primus as being in Adventure.  Not sure where that came from...

Primus was heavily on Beavis & Butt-Head, and their music usually played at the red eye hours along with creepy Tool videos.  Just what you need to see when your brain is in a dazed half dreaming state.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/29/20 3:40 p.m.

Wynonas big brown beaver. Most of my school got turned on to primus via that song. 

And I almost got myself thrown out of a speech class for using it as a lip sync. I believe the teacher still has a rule because of me. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
8/29/20 4:26 p.m.

Also South Park; MTV had them on, but their videos were so weird even their rare playing made them more special. Primus is kind of a gateway drug into alternate 90s stuff.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/29/20 7:30 p.m.

I fired the airweight 44mag with full powered 44 mag today, even 300gr bear loads and I did not die.

Don't get me wrong, it's a handful but it's totally doable

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/29/20 7:38 p.m.

bought another truck. Screaming deal. Drove it home!

Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/29/20 9:53 p.m.

Running the SCCA Super Tour at Pittsburgh today. Got first in E Prod and sewed up the NEDIV Championship.

karussell
karussell New Reader
8/30/20 9:52 a.m.

I am now officially COVID-19 negative.

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/30/20 10:46 a.m.

Finally, autocross!

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
8/31/20 6:43 a.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

I fired the airweight 44mag with full powered 44 mag today, even 300gr bear loads and I did not die.

Don't get me wrong, it's a handful but it's totally doable

Told ya...

slefain
slefain PowerDork
8/31/20 8:33 a.m.

The scam car warranty people have been calling me a few times a week for months now. Always a different local number, and since it is on my work cell phone I always answer it expecting a client.

So I changed tactics. Now when they call I put it on speaker phone. In my browser bookmark bar I have this linked for fast access:

Hit play, wait for the call center to pick up. After a few seconds they hang up! And the call volume has dropped!

1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hf98WJEuhwpn1POjYr28R8CRRCxf5jnCBdAGDdXNFgPxjxHHSsBajhefB5WeGG15