1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 ... 291
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/18/20 8:07 a.m.

I put in 2 days of vacation for the Challenge. By taking the 21st and 22nd off, I effectively get the 19th to the 26th off. The only rub is that I will be working graveyard so hopefully I can stay awake to enjoy the events during the day.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/18/20 3:10 p.m.

After complete radio silence from the bank since I filled my application out, I just got my business debit card in the mail.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/18/20 4:21 p.m.

Getting a little practice for the end of the year box exchange.  I prepped a small flat rate box that comes in at 11.2 lbs, and nothing inside is junk!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/18/20 6:00 p.m.

DW made us meatball sandwiches for dinner. 

DW is Italian. 

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/19/20 12:39 p.m.

Sold the Airstream in less than 24 hrs. That means I had it priced too low, oh well.....

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/19/20 3:57 p.m.

Had all my old furniture on CL for FREE got 0 interest, put it out on the curb and it was all gone in four hours. Thank you!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/19/20 5:15 p.m.

In reply to NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) :

You had it priced just right. Sitting on it for 2 years waiting for that one guy who'd pay you $100 more is not winning.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/20 5:25 p.m.

Sold the Polaris jet ski for a profit of $300. Posting pictures of the compression and the video of it running turned the tide in interest. 

The buyer blew up his engine in the same model/year ski and wanted a drop in replacement.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 12:36 p.m.

Finally got off my posterior and took advantage of an appointment with the DMV to title the two wee Italian bikes I brought with me from the UK. Hey, it's only been close to ten years.

Just got the paperwork in the mail, both of them now have WV titles and one of them even has a plate. Not that either run at the moment.

wae
wae UltraDork
9/24/20 6:50 a.m.

While tearing through the file cabinet looking for something else, I came across an unopened envelope with a postmark of either 2015 or 2016 with a return address of "Motorsport Marketing, Inc.".  Inside is the Dork sticker that I've been missing for all these years!

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/24/20 6:58 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

There is a guy in an old truck that comes around our development every Sunday night when trash is set out and he takes what he wants

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/24/20 3:20 p.m.

I found a spray paint artist that i really like and have bought a few things off Etsy from year. Might even do a custom piece

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/20 10:00 p.m.
slefain
slefain PowerDork
9/25/20 9:48 a.m.

Last night I took what I'm fairly sure was supposed to be a poorly attended city Zoom meeting (on purpose) where a major change to the city alcohol laws was being discussed, and turned it into a 3-ring E36 M3 show. It was glorious. One city council member (who was pushing the agenda of a lobbying group and the only real supporter in general) got absolutely smacked down by the citizens and even some city officials. There were more people on the Zoom call than most city council meetings. Hard to sneak stuff by the citizens when someone turns on the spotlight!

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/25/20 11:12 a.m.

Driving the E46 back from a dentist appt this morning I was on the highway for long enough to try using the cruise control- and to my surprise it actually worked! That will make the drive down to the Challenga a LOT more enjoyable/less tiring.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
9/25/20 1:54 p.m.

I went to the garage to look for tools, and actually found a crapton of sockets and wrenches I can use! And then used them to pull the battery out of the Lincoln so I can get it tested and maybe figure out why that thing won't start. And I emptied a bunch of crap out of the Probe so I can put more groceries back there until the Lincoln's fixed! And then I laid down on the floor for ten minutes!

Very minor wins...perfect for this thread. laugh

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
9/25/20 9:20 p.m.

My wife decided we needed a dog (for the kids). We wound up with a year-old German shorthair/bloodhound mix named Aggie. My wife is more in love with her than she'll admit...

(Disclaimer- I love animals, my wife has been on the fence)

In reply to Recon1342 :

Adoption day!!!

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
9/25/20 9:31 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) :

Yep! The win part is that my wife loves the dog, though... 

Must watch out for the tail, though. It's a bludgeon.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/27/20 7:32 p.m.

Had to replace the pads and rotors on the 98 explorer and got it done at 19 min on one side.

Not bad for having to sledge the disc off from rust and only hand tools

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/27/20 7:41 p.m.

Scored a lot of goodies for the new truck for $50 from my scrap guy!

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/27/20 9:01 p.m.

Took the car on a random 2hr cruise today because my kids wanted to go for a ride in the car. It was pointless but it was fun.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/28/20 12:55 p.m.

The Miata now has so much power and grip built into it, that it will hike the inner front tire an inch or more off the ground in hard cornering when under throttle. It is awesome.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/28/20 12:58 p.m.
NickD said:

The Miata now has so much power and grip built into it, that it will hike the inner front tire an inch or more off the ground in hard cornering when under throttle. It is awesome.

I so much want to be able to do this.  I actually need to take some rear bar out of the car to make is a little less tailhappy under braking.  I'm hoping that will help it squat the outside rear enough.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/28/20 1:01 p.m.

The free stereo from my scrap guy works fantastic!

1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u0YZFEeLKavQRYeO6pzATYSurQwgPOia0hpSi7YsNtfEvmXIlrTmN4klxTOhMZZk