Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/29/20 5:37 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

14mm. I'm not literally magic.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/29/20 5:41 p.m.

Okay. One more. I bought a pair of these for $20 each at Menards.

The new garage has two standard, no frills light sockets rated for 60w. Instead of putting 60w equivalent bulbs that pull something like 10w, these pull 50w each and are 300w equivalent. Now, it looks like a surgical suite in there. So much better than I expected. I may not be buying any new fixtures after all.

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/29/20 6:07 p.m.

As I was loading a couple bags of stuff in my car from the local Farm/Ranch supply store I noticed a ~$40,000 diesel pickup idling in the parking lot with nobody inside. I though, "Yep, you can do that here, nobody is going to mess with it." A few hours after I got home I realized that I didn't have my wallet. A quick search, tracing my steps led me back to the store parking lot. Nothing outside, so I checked at the register. They pulled it out of the safe and said that someone found it and brought it in. It was intact with lots of cards and over $100 cash. Could have been a real hassle if I didn't get it back. I'll definitely call that a win. I just wish I could thank whoever picked it up.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/30/20 12:20 p.m.

It's New Year's Eve Eve- one of the last days of the year, and should be solidly in winter now... and it's flirting with being 60 degrees here (not normal for central KY). Not good from a global warming perspective- but a solid win for being warm enough to drain and refill the hot tub which is usually difficult to do on a monthly basis in the winter. Also nice to have the windows in my office open and have a nice (albeit very strong... we're likely in for some storms soon...) fresh breeze blowing through.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
12/30/20 1:42 p.m.
Mike (Forum Supporter) said:

Okay. One more. I bought a pair of these for $20 each at Menards.

The new garage has two standard, no frills light sockets rated for 60w. Instead of putting 60w equivalent bulbs that pull something like 10w, these pull 50w each and are 300w equivalent. Now, it looks like a surgical suite in there. So much better than I expected. I may not be buying any new fixtures after all.

Those look like the ticket to avoid new fixtures in the basement until I get around to finishing it.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/1/21 11:57 a.m.

Nephew called around 2 AM.  He and his girlfriend had too much to drink, and asked if I could come pick them up.  I'm calling it a win because they didn't try to drive home on their own.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/1/21 10:32 p.m.

DW was playing a video game this afternoon so I took an hour or so to tune up all the kitchen knives for the new year.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
1/2/21 2:17 a.m.

All the talk about fireworks and dogs (or babies) being upset and therefore causing household misery.

My dog is freakin awesome when the neighbors (or I) decide it's time to blow E36 M3 up.  Living in "little Mexico" some of them get exuberant from time to time.   

And through it all Karma the wonder dog gives no cares.  Nor does thunder bother her.  Just the mailman and the 1 am cookie delivery guy.  Those she'd be happy to tear to shreds.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/2/21 8:57 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) :

Animals can be weird about noises.  One of my cats is scared to death of thunder, and gets uneasy when it is raining, but she couldn’t care less about fireworks.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/4/21 9:28 a.m.

My psychotic ex girlfriend from 12!!! Years ago found Dana on FB yesterday. After about 10 minutes of stalking her profile, Dana just turned to me "you really weren't kidding when you referred to her as psychob**ch were you?" No honey, no I wasn't, but thanks for the reminder that I upgraded A LOT. 

So glad I dodged that bullet.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
1/4/21 9:39 a.m.

New race bike works well. I'm still WAY off the potential of the bike, but I did set a new personal best lap, so that's cool. 

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
1/4/21 10:07 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) said:

And through it all Karma the wonder dog gives no cares.  Nor does thunder bother her.  Just the mailman and the 1 am cookie delivery guy.  Those she'd be happy to tear to shreds.

Wait, what.  How does one get a 1:00am cookie delivery guy?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/4/21 12:39 p.m.

I have achieved small victory. 

We (used) to do fills on 20lb propane tanks, in addition to exchanges. People often wanted us to do a fill instead of a change to save like 2 bucks, or keep their pretty little tank. Problem was- there was absolutely no profit on it, at all, and the process was extremely wasteful (our tank isn't hard wired so we have to wheel out a Genny, plug it in...it sucks ). I got together my numbers, did the math, and presented it to my superiors. 

In an absolutely surprising turn of events, they came back to me today and said no more 20 fills. Turns out using concrete information and sound arguments sometimes wins! 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/4/21 12:52 p.m.
Mndsm said:

We (used) to do fills on 20lb propane tanks, in addition to exchanges. People often wanted us to do a fill instead of a change to save like 2 bucks, or keep their pretty little tank. Problem was- there was absolutely no profit on it, at all, and the process was extremely wasteful (our tank isn't hard wired so we have to wheel out a Genny, plug it in...it sucks ). I got together my numbers, did the math, and presented it to my superiors. 

In an absolutely surprising turn of events, they came back to me today and said no more 20 fills. Turns out using concrete information and sound arguments sometimes wins! 

It's only 2 bucks more where you are at? It's $35 a tank for exchange and 11$ to fill it here

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
1/4/21 2:33 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I have an old out of date tank and wanted to swap it out.  There was not a single place here in Phoenix where I could swap it out.  I did find Costco would fill mine or swap it out.  I bought a new tank and will swap the old one when they get some stock.  The Costco guy said he was out there all day doing refills.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/4/21 3:54 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
Mndsm said:

It's only 2 bucks more where you are at? It's $35 a tank for exchange and 11$ to fill it here

I'm at 3.49 a gallon and 20 bucks for a swap. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/4/21 3:56 p.m.
Scott_H said:
Mndsm said:

I have an old out of date tank and wanted to swap it out.  There was not a single place here in Phoenix where I could swap it out.  I did find Costco would fill mine or swap it out.  I bought a new tank and will swap the old one when they get some stock.  The Costco guy said he was out there all day doing refills.

I'd swap it for you. Amerigas handles all our propane, they dont care. We don't actually do that many fills unless it gets cold or it's rv season- which is usually when it's cold. The biggest problem is the only other game in town has been out of propane and the rvers are a bunch of shiny happy people that need their pretty tanks. Sucks to be then, now. 

The exception of course is when is hurricane happens and I blow through 2000gallons of propane in about 12 working hours. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/4/21 5:12 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

It's 2.19 here.

I have propane appliances and haven't put in a huge tank yet so I actually get propane a lot

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/21 7:51 p.m.

Not my win, and not a minor win.  A close friend today has legally adopted his deceased wife's children, so he is now legally their parent and the kids are no longer in legal limbo and afraid that they might be taken away.  It's been a long hellish story getting up to this point.

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/7/21 8:04 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

My mother did the same with my step-siblings since their mother had passed before mine married their dad. Now I do not have step-siblings.

Very berkeleying cool of him!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/21 8:17 p.m.

In reply to preach (fs) :

So much drama and trauma.  Apparently the kids' birth dad was a very toxic individual.  And trying to get a hold of him for things like medical releases for the kids for school related things was always a major hassle, and he'd be a dick about everything, and somehow out of the blue a few months ago he slapped down some paperwork and basically said "Fine.  I'll waive my right to parenthood [yes, I forgot the legal term] so you can adopt them.  I'm sick of this E36 M3.  Your problem now."

I have NO idea why my friend's wife got a divorce from him...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/7/21 8:50 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Awesome for the kids and awesome for your friend!  Sorry about their mother / wife, though. 

CJ (FS)
CJ (FS) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/7/21 9:33 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)

On another note, and a rare, I guess big, win, the 12 year old "would really really like it" if I gave her mom a ring for Xmas. Yay.

So did she like the ring?  wink

Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/8/21 1:10 a.m.

I have a permit to build the new shop.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/8/21 6:02 a.m.
CJ (FS) said:
RevRico said:

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)

On another note, and a rare, I guess big, win, the 12 year old "would really really like it" if I gave her mom a ring for Xmas. Yay.

So did she like the ring?  wink

I'm guessing she did? Rico hasn't asked to crash at my place. 

1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ty7ipDgDce33WFWnI3f8IEXPHOnlo0BUEHX4LcKTeFOxLs7E6jljA8mKCHUBqnzy