1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 ... 291
Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/1/21 7:54 p.m.

I have had it with scammers wanting to buy my toterhome with PayPal or a certified check sight unseen. I went to a local large dirt track speed shop today and have arranged to put it there on consignment. Hopefully it will sell soon. The owner of the speed shop thought my asking price was very reasonable.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/2/21 10:27 a.m.

I seem to have sucked the oxygen out of the room on a hot-button topic for our upcoming small town special election. Making people say the quiet parts out loud seems to have made the whole topic radioactive. The best part has been digging through old city meeting archives to find where people contradicted themselves. "Hey, remember that time you were a hypocrit? Wait, here's the video and time stamp in case you forgot..."

Suddenly what was the main topic to beat candidates over the head with is "no big deal". Good, now we can move on to things that actually matter to the other 97% of the citizens.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
3/2/21 10:28 a.m.

In reply to slefain :

Awesome. I love doing E36 M3 like that

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/2/21 11:00 a.m.

Today's minor win is that I'm not the poor shiny happy person that has to carry 4 pallets of cinder blocks, 8 at a time, in a one wheeled wheelbarrow, across a bridge and 50 yards up hill. That title belongs to the guy who bought the house across the street I wanted for my chickens. 

The major win is I have 2 driveways and a yard with great drainage, so when I get my block delivered, it can be put right next to where I need it. 

I've lugged enough block in 20 degree weather that I'm allowed to feel happy it isn't me.

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
3/2/21 8:43 p.m.

Disclaimer I'm not asking for hate or this thread to get locked!

I love Texas. Starting next Wednesday our state is lifting the mask mandate and opening everything 100%!!! Can't wait til life is "normal" again!!

wae
wae UberDork
3/2/21 11:29 p.m.

I bought a set of bolt gauges and spent the evening transforming a decent portion of my Giant Bin O' Nuts 'n' Bolts into a series of organized drawers.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/3/21 5:58 a.m.
wae said:

I bought a set of bolt gauges and spent the evening transforming a decent portion of my Giant Bin O' Nuts 'n' Bolts into a series of organized drawers.

Did that last year with my coffee cans full of metric bolts.  It's come in handy multiple times since then, especially for keeping me from buying something I already have.  Still need to do the same for my SAE hardware.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/3/21 12:58 p.m.

Between the improving weather, and selling the Impala, I was able to pull the Beetle out of the garage today.  There's now room to sort through the crap in the garage, and get rid of some stuff.  After that, I'll actually be able to work on cars in it again, instead of the driveway and the street.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/21 9:16 p.m.

First RXB Mod class rewrite meeting down.  It was actually really productive, all of us are 90% on the same page and are mostly just trying to hammer out simple, loophole free ways to express the vision/spirit of what we're trying to define, and for the other 10% there is good, productive discussion.

My truck ran again,  and all the trans fluid stays in! 

Sounds good with open headers too.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/3/21 9:32 p.m.

Took my DD Silverado work truck to the transmission shop and they are pulling it tomorrow to rebuild it.  

Never cheap but I can now throw around the statement that "I blew a tranny over the weekend".  

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/3/21 9:35 p.m.

I'm using a hole on my belt that I haven't used before - in a good way!

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/4/21 10:29 a.m.

I had my annual review at work, and the last part of that was getting told I got a slight promotion. It was completely unexpected. I'll be doing the same things I've been doing for the past year, but I'll get a bit more money through the company's performance bonus plan and a bit more vacation time. 

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/4/21 8:12 p.m.

On February 1, I could do 4 pullups. I've been doing them every day since then and today I made it to my goal of 10 (actually 11)!

wae
wae UberDork
3/5/21 9:49 a.m.

First Pfizer shot is in my bloodstream.  Here's hoping for a cool superpower!

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/5/21 11:07 a.m.
wae said:

First Pfizer shot is in my bloodstream.  Here's hoping for a cool superpower!

Being able to defeat a supervillain that has killed over 2.5 million people is a pretty cool superpower.

wae
wae UberDork
3/5/21 11:21 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Meh, I was kind of hoping for either super-stretching or invisibility.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/5/21 11:26 a.m.
wae said:

Meh, I was kind of hoping for either super-stretching or invisibility.

I'd go for some sort of heat vision that seeks out stupidity and burns it.

Lotta days I'd have to avoid mirrors, but thats a small price to pay.

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/5/21 11:29 a.m.

If I could choose, I'd choose the ability to manipulate metals and plastics remotely.

That would make work SO much simpler!  That bolt you can see but can't actually reach?  No problem for Captain Screwloose!

The name does, admittedly, need some work.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
3/5/21 1:58 p.m.

Well Pete, to me at least, from here on out you will be referred to as Captain Screwloose. For better or worse.

Major win, with a funny little minor setback. Bank transfer finally went through so both car loans are paid off, with an unknown fee or bad math on our part leaving $2.64 left on one car. Other smaller win is that our state tax refund came. It’s not much but that’s still money in the bank. Major win #3 is a job offer that will double my current income and 90 days later I can negotiate for more still. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/5/21 2:41 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

Major win, with a funny little minor setback. Bank transfer finally went through so both car loans are paid off, with an unknown fee or bad math on our part leaving $2.64 left on one car. Other smaller win is that our state tax refund came. It’s not much but that’s still money in the bank. Major win #3 is a job offer that will double my current income and 90 days later I can negotiate for more still. 

Congratulations on all three!

Additional minor win:

Shaun correctly wrote "tax refund" instead of "tax return."

Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/5/21 5:01 p.m.

I immediately thought of Gyro Gearloose...

Three wins in the health category, not even sure I'd say minor:

1. Stumbled into an opportunity to volunteer at a vaccination site and as a bonus got my first Pfizer shot on Sunday.
  2. After 6-8 months of nursing a wonky left elbow, two weeks into physical therapy it's already massively improved.
  3. Funky dizziness thing that may have been ear infection (but my doc is sure was benign in any case) has cleared up.

I have missed mountain biking. And reaching for objects with whatever hand I feel like using. And now I can skim CL for dirt bikes in a probably still-futile-for-now way, but at least my wife's condition that all my limbs should be working first is nearly fulfilled.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
3/6/21 9:06 a.m.

Today is my birthday which is a win. Also a win is I have procured a 2007 Colorado to finally start my LS swap adventure (build thread coming soon). Even more winning is this truck is 100% rust free from Arizona via Ohio.  

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
3/6/21 2:28 p.m.

In reply to Jesse Ransom (FFS) :

mountain biking is super fun. make sure you have/get a good bike...

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/6/21 5:17 p.m.

I made a smart ass remark to a woman in a Facebook group and ended up with a date tomorrow.  Even if she’s just going to steal my kidneys it will be the most excitement I’ve had in a while. 

1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ttwp9G4Cs0om9xUZXElE30Mj0fimsiurgGo4pS8tf9XXoxIkd1cmjjUZAzYVWLHD