1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 292
wae
wae UberDork
3/6/21 5:25 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

And this means that Monday's minor win from you will be either "I had an awesome date" or "she let me keep one"!  I mean, in this situation you just can't lose!

Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/6/21 6:02 p.m.

In reply to Dieselboss15 :

Showing just how spoiled I am, I'm all set on the mountain bike front (Kona Hei Hei, which I love; got my first mountain bike in '86) but am still pondering getting into riding dirt w/engine...

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
3/7/21 6:08 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

I made a smart ass remark to a woman in a Facebook group and ended up with a date tomorrow.  Even if she’s just going to steal my kidneys it will be the most excitement I’ve had in a while. 

Or she'll marry you. Could be equally as bad as losing a kidney. 

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/7/21 2:41 p.m.

I bought a pair of Burton snow pants today for $6. I love Good Will. Had a ski pass on them from 11/30/08.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
3/7/21 4:08 p.m.

My paternal grandfather has been 6 hours away for 20 years. My aunt (biological dads only sister) and uncle have been 9 hours away. Late last summer my aunt and uncle moved to the state and are only an hour away, and last week my grandpa moved a block away from them. My dad died 15 years ago and time with that side of my family has always been precious since parents divorced long before that. This new proximity is such a big deal for me. What a wonderful thing. 

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/7/21 4:36 p.m.

Snow is mostly melted and I had a chance to do this today!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/21 5:10 p.m.

10:30 AM, saw this on Craigslist on a 200mi search for "Miata".

Texted the guy.  Got a text response so fast I thought it was someone else at first.  Texted him back, drove out to the Batcave to unload the RX-7 parts in the trunk and collect my GPS.  Got another text while I was driving out there.  His address was close to 3 hours away.

5:30pm.

One pair, untorn, unworn, 60,000mi NA6 seats.

These will be the new seats for my '81 RX-7, since it has the wrong seats in it ('84 seats, they sit too high and look wrong) and BLACK '79-83 seats are unobtainium and running close to $1000 for ripped ones if you can find them.  NA6 seats are an extremely close match.

Best birthday evar.  Got exactly what I wanted and was the absolute smoothest craigslist experience of all time.

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
3/7/21 6:02 p.m.
Jesse Ransom (FFS) said:

In reply to Dieselboss15 :

Showing just how spoiled I am, I'm all set on the mountain bike front (Kona Hei Hei, which I love; got my first mountain bike in '86) but am still pondering getting into riding dirt w/engine...

nice! hope you're having fun.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/21 6:17 p.m.

I got a broken Giant ATX-860 mountain bike for free. I'm not sure how broken it is, yet. 

At the very least, the Giant has an aluminum frame, so it might get all of the parts from Girl-Spawn's steel framed Trek. 

Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/7/21 7:31 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) :

Fingers crossed for minimal brokenness. I wouldn't say aluminum beats steel necessarily; really a matter of the specific frames.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/21 8:33 p.m.

In reply to Jesse Ransom (FFS) :

Fair point: well made steel frames are tanks. Both bikes are hard tail, old geometry. I'll be posting a short refurb thread on it, since I'll probably need all the people that actually know what's quality and what's crap in regards to bikes to help me through it.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/8/21 12:28 p.m.

I made a smart ass remark to a woman in a Facebook group and ended up with a date tomorrow.  Even if she’s just going to steal my kidneys it will be the most excitement I’ve had in a while. 

I still have my kidneys. We met for lunch, and rode around talking and laughing for about six hours. We have a lot in common, good and bad, and are at pretty awkward places in life. Overall we both had fun and will probably go out again. It likely won't be anything more than this but it was nice to have a good day.  

wae
wae UberDork
3/8/21 12:34 p.m.

Congratulations on retaining your internal organs!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/8/21 1:00 p.m.

Sounds fantastic. It doesn't need to be any more than a good day.  I'm glad you had one.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/8/21 1:14 p.m.
wae said:

Careful, she could be playing the long game knowing he'd have his guard up this first date.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/8/21 1:52 p.m.

I still have my kidneys. We met for lunch, and rode around talking and laughing for about six hours. We have a lot in common, good and bad, and are at pretty awkward places in life. Overall we both had fun and will probably go out again. It likely won't be anything more than this but it was nice to have a good day.  

That's awesome Wally.  From my distant perspective that's really what you need in your life right now.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/8/21 2:02 p.m.

I just rode the "fall off the bike and into a cactus" trail without falling off the bike and into a cactus! 

I bought a mountain bike late last year in an effort to find a form of exercise that I didn't hate.  I've been taking 15-20 minute rides in the desert foot hills near my house at lunch time most days. Every time I've attempted the "fall off the bike and into a cactus" trail I have, as one might expect from the name I've given it, fallen off the bike and into a cactus.  After the last fall I swore off the trail until my skills improved and at 55 I wasn't sure that was going to happen.  Today I conquered it!  It's not really teaching an old dog new tricks since I spent most of my time as a kid on a bike riding in places that smart kids didn't ride but I still feel pretty good about it.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/8/21 5:37 p.m.

In reply to mtn (Forum Supporter) :

The joke's on her, God knows what shape my kidneys are in at this point. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/8/21 5:43 p.m.

I'm glad you had fun!

And really.....if you judge a win as " I got to keep my internal organs!" Pretty much every day is damn win

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
3/8/21 6:52 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
wae said:

Careful, she could be playing the long game knowing he'd have his guard up this first date.

Ever seen the movie Touristas? 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/8/21 6:56 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/8/21 7:33 p.m.

DW made pasta e fagioli soup for dinner, AKA pasta fazool.

It was berking delicious with some warm crusty bread.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
3/8/21 8:03 p.m.

So far this year I bought an SA2020 helmet with gift cards, and got registered for the SCCA. I may or may not be able to get out to any events this year given the newborn (and my stubborn insistence in doing any events in the BMW when the Miata would be fine). But I'm finally on the right track to get some driver upgrades.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/10/21 6:53 a.m.

I got teo of the three "special" cars cleaned up and the covers on for the first time in ages. Feels nice.

One more to go.

Also, the chemical guys car wash that was recommended to me is really nice. Same with the Walmart wash sponges. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/10/21 7:08 a.m.

Video should start at 1.08. Watch from there to about 1.42. Half a lap of the 6 laps race in those seconds. This was an incredibly fun race. Being able to do this is my win. Life is good. 

1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E4g9AW3SaQHISkEWz1MnFbqzkFDhqCF9F2xQTp2aSHPpNgZcSxpJ2vbfs5qssBQX