1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 ... 292
Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/21 8:47 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Life is strange.  All the time I worked on a personality because I was fat and ugly is paying off now that everyone else is getting fat too and have nothing to fall back on lol. 

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/21 10:37 p.m.

Now I understand why all the Eclipses went to that great junkyard in the sky.  I was passing a Box Truck on the road today when a 3rd gen managed to squeeze itself between the truck and my disco.  If I had sneezed or even thought about moving left, we would have touched and probably created one hell of an accident at 60mph.  Yes, it was a kid who was driving and no he did not get very far before the Box Truck, myself, and him got stopped at the next light.  I really need to get a dash cam to document some of the lunacy around here.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/11/21 11:33 p.m.

I was just gripeing that I can't order whatever I want from Blipshift. What I most wanted has been reintroduced in a new color today. Ordered a hoodie and a tee. 

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
3/12/21 8:01 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to 11GTCS :

Life is strange.  All the time I worked on a personality because I was fat and ugly is paying off now that everyone else is getting fat too and have nothing to fall back on lol. 

Gold, pure gold.   laugh

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/12/21 8:18 a.m.

We had some interesting conversations Sunday, then things got a little weird towards the end. Monday night and yesterday there was a lot of texting like normal.  Found out that Shark Week started somewhat unexpectedly Sunday. I never heard that term before and can't stop laughing like the idiotic 12 year old I am both at the term and the situation. Still not her type but fun enough to stick around for a bit. Life is very strange. 

The fun thing about "type" is that she gets to pick that, not you. Took me a while to get to the point where I would just accept that a girl liked me instead of asking why. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/12/21 8:25 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

We had some interesting conversations Sunday, then things got a little weird towards the end. Monday night and yesterday there was a lot of texting like normal.  Found out that Shark Week started somewhat unexpectedly Sunday. I never heard that term before and can't stop laughing like the idiotic 12 year old I am both at the term and the situation. Still not her type but fun enough to stick around for a bit. Life is very strange. 

The fun thing about "type" is that she gets to pick that, not you. Took me a while to get to the point where I would just accept that a girl liked me instead of asking why. 

I still don't  know what SWMBO sees in me. But I've learned to trust her judgment.

wae
wae UberDork
3/12/21 8:37 a.m.
Appleseed said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I still don't  know what SWMBO sees in me. But I've learned to trust her judgment.

I can only assume that my wife suffers from Stockholm Syndrome or has an overdeveloped sense of pity.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
3/12/21 9:04 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I'm just going along with whatever happens and having a good time.  The type comment has become a running joke because she brought it up a number of times and a couple people in her class pointed it out. Apparently I'm not the first one she did this to.  I seem to be the only one to not complain about it. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/12/21 9:17 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Yoga will get you straight

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/12/21 11:30 a.m.

This may be more than just a minor win. I figured out enough code through an arduino to spoof a TCM and turn off the transmission fault/restricted performance light on my supercharged jag. Holy hell is it a fun car to drive with 400hp and 6 speed manual. The only lights on the dash now are cruise control unavailable, check engine from removing the cats, and the low coolant because I forgot to plug the sensor in. Whew!

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
3/12/21 8:46 p.m.

7pm. #2 was getting sleepy, so I start getting her ready and #1 usually goes to bed around 8-830. So I put a fresh diaper on #2, and was getting a bottle ready. Standard evening. 

SIL lives downstairs with her 3yo. They are in the living room and SIL is trying to convince her daughter that she is tired and needs sleep. "Aren't your eyes getting heavy? How can you keep them open? If you don't sleep soon, they may get so heavy that they'll fall out!"

admittedly, this is a very questionable thing to tell a toddler, but I didn't say it and it's not my kid. Except my kid #1 was sitting right next to his cousin and his eyes went wide. "Daddy! I need to go to sleep right now! I don't want my eyes to fall off!"

So I take both my kids upstairs, and they're both in bed at 7:30 on a Friday evening. This is more than a minor win. Imma go have an ice cream sandy if nobody ate my secret stash, and watch some cheesy sci-fi with wife. It's hardly a date, but it's still a nice evening. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/21 6:48 a.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

See if you can work an exquisite, well, you know, into the deal.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/13/21 6:52 a.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

That's basically a date with two kids that age. Significant win as far as I'm concerned. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/21 8:17 a.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

This was in an episode of the Drew Carey show, where Drew was wondering why he was suddenly such a hot item.

Paraphrased, "you have a nice personality, you own your own home, and you aren't divorced with kids, that is rare at our age"

wae
wae UberDork
3/13/21 1:39 p.m.

Couple guys were harvesting some parts off the only Excursion in the yard this morning.  When they were finished getting their stuff, they stuck around to help me pull the right camshaft, which is the really hard one to get to.  Not only did their help make the job so much easier, it was good conversation as well.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/21 3:30 p.m.

Broke a bolt off in one of my brand new control arms.

My Matco drill bits are freakin' awesome.

Stayed dead center, bit did not walk.

I removed the bolt leftovers like it was a Helicoil.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
3/13/21 8:48 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to 11GTCS :

This was in an episode of the Drew Carey show, where Drew was wondering why he was suddenly such a hot item.

Paraphrased, "you have a nice personality, you own your own home, and you aren't divorced with kids, that is rare at our age"

That does seem to be part of it.  Her ex was also abusive and the last few guys she dated were shiny happy people as well apparently. I accidentally met her 16 year old yesterday. She was happy mom finally brought someone home that didn't seem creepy.  The kid was funny and a bit of a smartass which made an awkward situation easier.  

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Yoga will get you straight

It might kill me. I just stayed in the back and tried to go through the motions. I don't know how long I can pretend to keep up with her. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/13/21 10:24 p.m.

After far, far too long of talking about it and trying to get things (namely, the other vehicles...) to the point where I could do it, this morning I convinced the DMC to start for the first time in like 2 years and Austin Powers'd it out of where it's been for most of the last 4 years and into the garage to finally get to work on it. Unfortunately with it sitting out so long and the roof seals apparently being horrible there's a lot more now than I'd like that needs to be done- but it's still in far better shape than when I first got it, and at least now I can start working on it... 

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
3/14/21 7:28 p.m.

Since this weekend was daylight savings time the clock in my car gets to be right again.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UberDork
3/14/21 7:40 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

After far, far too long of talking about it and trying to get things (namely, the other vehicles...) to the point where I could do it, this morning I convinced the DMC to start for the first time in like 2 years and Austin Powers'd it out of where it's been for most of the last 4 years and into the garage to finally get to work on it. Unfortunately with it sitting out so long and the roof seals apparently being horrible there's a lot more now than I'd like that needs to be done- but it's still in far better shape than when I first got it, and at least now I can start working on it... 

AWESOME.....I'm sure you're aware of the holy grail of DMC12 parts here north of Houston.....like the mother load of all that was to be had.....

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UberDork
3/14/21 7:42 p.m.
gearheadmb said:

Since this weekend was daylight savings time the clock in my car gets to be right again.

my grand father is now correct chime wise ....I've not swept the arms...yet

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/14/21 8:19 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

I'm glad you were able to get your DMC to run 'cause It's Tricky

I've been waiting decades to tell that joke...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/14/21 8:26 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Broke a bolt off in one of my brand new control arms.

My Matco drill bits are freakin' awesome.

Stayed dead center, bit did not walk.

I removed the bolt leftovers like it was a Helicoil.

I'll bet the pucker factor was so high on that one, you don't squeeze off a fart for a week. Lucky Bastard.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/14/21 8:48 p.m.

Our small city special election is coming up soon and it is devolving into a glorious slugfest. The normally nice silent people have risen up and are now waging a scorched Earth assault on the establishment candidate/supporters. The establishment folks are completely not used to being talked back to or having insults hurled back at them. One lady went complete Super Saiyan Karen mode at a "meet & greet" the other day.

This sums up the whole thing pretty well:

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/15/21 9:23 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

Yes- there are a lot of parts from them as well as some of the independent DMC vendors that went into fixing the car up 11 years ago... and I'll likely be needing a good bit more again this time as well as doing a whole lot on my own/from scratch.

1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4NDhXd1INeQ6IREEDXN06WayA8qACDP4HlfbuDtRN72cgc2kweVOVxSsNZ3dueUt