1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 ... 292
barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
3/15/21 1:58 p.m.

Gonna stimulus a new stereo deck in the Mercury this week. Much needed. Very excite. Ideally I'd be wiring it for an eventual sub too, but I'm not sure I want to jump that far yet. 

And yes, I'll be buying everything locally. I wouldn't have voted for this thing, but no sense in giving any of it to the waldens or Mr. Bezos' successor. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/15/21 2:14 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

I'll probably be giving some of mine to Nepal lol

barefootskater (Shaun)
3/15/21 2:22 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

What do they export?

3/15/21 2:37 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

What do they export?

Spectacular handmade knives like kukris mostly.

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
3/15/21 6:00 p.m.

i found out that my rc car could've got a speeding ticket today lol.

3/15/21 10:11 p.m.

Looked at the knife and it was in 4 people's carts so I bought it before I got my stimulus. Feast your eyes on this Seax

wae
wae UberDork
3/16/21 2:44 p.m.

I had a very successful lunchtime errand running.

- Picked up the crankshaft for der Scheßwagen

- Returned the cam and balance shaft cores.  Then they didn't charge me to walk the yard and also didn't charge me for the two bolts that I made that walk to get.  It's the only time I've walked the yard, taken parts with me, and they gave me money!  I kind of hope that dealing with the core returns is a bit of a pain for them because frankly I think the core charge for u-pull junkyards is a load of carp.

- Returned both of my broken inch-pound torque wrenches to The Hammer Store and got new ones.  I keep one in reserve so that when the other breaks I can continue whatever job I'm working on.  But this time I let the first one lapse and of course the spare failed on me last night.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
3/16/21 4:48 p.m.

My stepdad came over to my house after getting done in class; not only do I have a working dishwasher now, but he fixed a leak I didn't even know I had to my sink! He showed me some other plumbing things to on a busted pipe outside.

After that I showed him a wacky cheap return store near me that I need to do a thread on. While I slashed my hand open in retail rebel and caused a small biohazard scene, I DID get a raspberry Pi for 3 dollars so it's a total win.

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
3/16/21 8:11 p.m.

Building an RC rock crawler course in my backyard and was offered a bunch of brick for free is win 1

the big win is I no longer own a truck but the crv managed to make the 11 mile trip home with about 250lbs in the hatch 

barefootskater (Shaun)
3/16/21 8:21 p.m.

After going to both local stereo places and not liking any of the offerings (or the prices) I think I may hold off a bit on that. But I remembered something I've been wanting for a couple years now:

The last piece I need to become a world famous rock star, pretty sure. Now I just need to learn to play. 

3/16/21 9:36 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

That's not a bad price from what I remember either

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/16/21 10:55 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

After going to both local stereo places and not liking any of the offerings (or the prices) I think I may hold off a bit on that. But I remembered something I've been wanting for a couple years now:

The last piece I need to become a world famous rock star, pretty sure. Now I just need to learn to play. 

Your band won't be most triumphant until you get Eddie  Van Halen. But therein lies a problem...

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
3/17/21 8:23 a.m.

Stimmy check just hit the bank.  And apparently I get credit for my daughter so, yayyyy!

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/17/21 10:52 a.m.

My friend won our small town special election last night.

The angry echo chamber's candidate got sent packing. Message. Berkeleying. Sent. The echo chamber doesn't run this town, the rest of us do. Time for our city council to start reflecting it.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/17/21 11:12 a.m.

Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes are back at Taco Bell. berkeley yes.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/17/21 1:13 p.m.

As long as we're talking about stimmy spending, I'll enter mine. Thinking about building a wheelset for my one bmx. Thinking profile elite hubs. Because balllllerrrrrr. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/21 1:29 p.m.

TIL that Profile is still around.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/17/21 3:57 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

TIL that Profile is still around.

Still the king, too. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/17/21 4:48 p.m.

I'm just using my stimulus with my tax refund to wipe out my student debt.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/17/21 4:55 p.m.
Mndsm said:

As long as we're talking about stimmy spending, I'll enter mine. Thinking about building a wheelset for my one bmx. Thinking profile elite hubs. Because balllllerrrrrr. 

As long as I raced I used the same set of GT Mohawk hubs laced in whatever rims I was flowed and profile cranks. Pretty funny that both of those things are still desirable 25-30 years later.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/21 4:58 p.m.
chandler said:
Mndsm said:

As long as I raced I used the same set of GT Mohawk hubs laced in whatever rims I was flowed and profile cranks. Pretty funny that both of those things are still desirable 25-30 years later.

The kids who could not afford them new, now have gainful employment, free money to spend, and for a while there a couple years ago a Hutch Trick*Star was a $10,000 bike...

Those were like $500-600 in 1986, and that sounded crazy expensive.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
3/17/21 5:44 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

I'm holding off till things from the government shake out.  There is talk of some amount of student loan forgiveness in the offing, could be worth letting Uncle Sam pick up the last of your tab.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/21 5:44 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I'd be lying if I said I don't think about another Supergoose sometimes. 

Week two and I'm no better at yoga but I'm still funny.  Still a bit of an ass too. She pointed out that if I lost weight I'd be kinda cute. I wondered about the hotter women I could meet if I was kinda cute. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/17/21 6:55 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) :

I took out a loan, I'll pay back said loan. That's how things work.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/17/21 8:48 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

It still makes my brain hurt a bit to think my wheelset alone will probably cost me more than every other bike I've owned put together (save my subrosa). 

1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kDHyAsKBP86X2rHzFC6zO7oNHlmNCin0lfzIdYrK5u3m3mrBf4No3jH7N04ZSOw5