1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 ... 291
Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/24/21 8:35 p.m.

Delaware opened up COVID vaccines to ages 50+ last week, through pharmacies only.  Been trying to find appointments with no luck. Yesterday they opened up the state's vaccination waiting list to 50+, so I signed us up.

Got our invitation this evening, and have appointments on Saturday. Plus it's the Johnson & Johnson formula, which is only a single dose.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
3/25/21 12:00 a.m.

I got my second pfizer shot yesterday, and I have suffered no ill effects.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/25/21 7:44 a.m.
M2Pilot said:

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

I saw that on another forum we both frequent. Neat!

Small world lol

It's great and somehow it got to me from Nepal in 8 days too, impressive!

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/25/21 8:49 a.m.

Four workdays this week (company works a 4x10 schedule now so we have 3-day weekends every week... now if we could only get to a 36-or-32-hour week...), and every one of them I've managed to get up at just before 6:30 and drag my lazy ass out the door to swim a kilometer of laps at the Y. I wish it weren't so far away and I could bike there and back, but once it's lighter earlier I may switch it up a bit and alternate swimming and riding. Now I just need to move the Lego instruction manuals off of the Bowflex and start actually using that...

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/25/21 4:46 p.m.

I'm going to call this a minor win, because there's much that could yet come to pass to change it all, but today's been fun.  Stressful fun, but fun none the less.

Retirement really hasn't been working for me-- can't really say how much of it is me, retirement, or that I retired during 2020.

Got a pretty decent offer yesterday to go back to my former employer contracting, planned start mid-April.  I've signed papers and just took the pee test this afternoon.  This is kind of the easy button (no relocation/second household) to put some structure back into my life, and it's work I'm kind of uniquely qualified for, as it involves the same project I left back in July.  I'd also be working we a lot of the same coworkers I enjoyed working with before I left.  Nominal duration of the contract is 6 months, but it can run out to about 30 without extraordinary measures, or they can drop my like a hot rock at a moments notice.  Or I can terminate it with 10 days notice-- which leads to the next developments...

Today, other recruiters started crawling out of the woodwork, like telemarketers wanting to talk to me about my car's extended warranty.  I've got at least three phone calls set up over the next week for various other positions.  Some are for some really exciting, novel projects-- supersonic business jets, spaceflight, etc.

The topper today though was an ask if I'd be interested in such and such a hyperlinked position that they feel I'd be qualified for.  Followed the link and the job title for is certainly the best of the lot-- would you believe "Avionics Chief Engineer for the International Space Station"?  I told them that I was extremely flattered, but of the three primary areas they wanted the candidate to have "extensive expertise" I replied that I only cleared the bar in one of those, and the other two I just knew enough to be dangerous.  I also told them that if they think they can convince me I'm more qualified than I think I am, I'm willing to listen.

These things seem to follow a kind of bipolar cycle, but I'll enjoy the up side of it today.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/25/21 5:53 p.m.

I broke my glasses. Found my old optometrist on the other coast, got my frame model. Discontinued. Found on eBay for $50, should be here next week.

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
3/25/21 9:28 p.m.

tiny hitch went on the crv with no issue. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/26/21 8:43 a.m.

Minor rant:  I have a big sycamore tree over my driveway that's usually full of birds.

Minor win:  Came out this morning to find my driveway plastered with bird crap - about 3 feet behind my car.

For once.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/26/21 11:47 a.m.

I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday.

wae
wae UberDork
3/26/21 5:55 p.m.

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
3/27/21 6:58 p.m.

This gauge panel I made for our latest Lemons car came out really well.  Fire system handle will be in the middle of the top row.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/27/21 7:25 p.m.
RevRico said:

I broke my glasses. Found my old optometrist on the other coast, got my frame model. Discontinued. Found on eBay for $50, should be here next week.

Convinced my optometrist to buy a rare set of frames I already own one set of to make me a set of seeing glasses to compliment my sunglasses. Likely the only pair on earth with clear lenses. 

newrider3
newrider3 Reader
3/27/21 7:25 p.m.

In reply to Sonic :

Water...pressure? warning light?

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
3/27/21 7:32 p.m.

In reply to newrider3 :

Yup.  If you run low on water for whatever reason (leak, popped hose, etc) then you get a warning when the cooling system drops below 4psi so you can bring the car in and avoid a blown head gasket.   Over the 11 years I've been doing Lemons I've had two cars had significant failures that could have been avoided with this warning, so we started putting them on all of our cars last year.  

Endurance racing breaks the weirdest things.   We try to learn from past failures and mistakes. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/27/21 7:43 p.m.
Duke said:

Delaware opened up COVID vaccines to ages 50+ last week, through pharmacies only.  Been trying to find appointments with no luck. Yesterday they opened up the state's vaccination waiting list to 50+, so I signed us up.

Got our invitation this evening, and have appointments on Saturday. Plus it's the Johnson & Johnson formula, which is only a single dose.

Got my shot.  It was an hour's drive away but it only took about half an hour plus a 20 minute reaction check after the vaccination. Single dose, so we're good for now. Plus we visited a few places we don't normally get to while we were down there.

So far I am fine. DW seems a little stiff and chilly, but those may or may not be reaction.

wae
wae UberDork
3/27/21 9:12 p.m.

It feels a little wobbly how I have it up there.  I think I need some better and higher ramp material so I can get the pads adjusted a little better.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
3/27/21 9:51 p.m.

Decided (fully) to sell the Miata, which feels like a great decision.

I found a pair of 5-point harnesses that expire end of 2021 for $20 for the challenge car.

I then decided to sell the spare diff (LSD but horrible ratio) for the BMW that I had in the garage, listed it for more than I paid for it and met someone less than an hour later for cash.

I also am feeling confident about prospects for finding an LS swap candidate for my BMW.

Good day all around.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/27/21 10:42 p.m.

Took the long way of doing a right hand turn through a roundabout in the FR-S. Clean path and I ripped around 270 degrees like my hair was on fire.  Guy in a F-type Jag convertible bipped the lights and grinned coming down the hill towards me. He saw the whole thing.

Made my day.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/28/21 7:41 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Took the long way of doing a right hand turn through a roundabout in the FR-S. Clean path and I ripped around 270 degrees like my hair was on fire.  Guy in a F-type Jag convertible bipped the lights and grinned coming down the hill towards me. He saw the whole thing.

Made my day.

Guy in my town has a second gen mr2 that he slides EVERYWHERE, I always giggle when I see it

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
3/28/21 7:46 a.m.

Yesterday was Saturday. Spent the day changing an exterior light, hanging out with the kids, wrenching on the Colorado and then hung out at the neighbors with the best neighbors and friends ever. Life is good. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/21 7:47 a.m.
wae said:

It feels a little wobbly how I have it up there.  I think I need some better and higher ramp material so I can get the pads adjusted a little better.

I used one of those for about 14 years.  They're just wobbly.

Word of advice, get some long steel plate to stick under the rollers, or it will wreck the concrete in short order.  Any dust/dirt/debris will start punching the surface.

Oh, and NEVER set a car all the way down with the wheels off!  The hydraulic ram has its lowest mechanical advantage at floor level, and it won't be able to raise the car.  I've had a few larger cars where I had to lift up on the car just to get it moving.

wae
wae UberDork
3/28/21 8:34 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Thanks for the tips!  I may wait to get some plate until der Scheßwagen is moving under its own power again since the lift is going to get a little more centered and in the meantime, I've got a broom and a penchant for sweeping the floor while I drink my coffee. 

To be clear for anyone else looking at one of these, the wobble was in how the car was sitting on the pads - the lift itself was totally solid.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/21 11:58 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

In heavy snow I can slide the renegade about 1.5 times around a traffic circle before the computer stops me. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
3/28/21 5:26 p.m.

Put Led Zeppelin II on the stereo and the dog comes running, jumps into my lap, and settles in.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/29/21 10:35 a.m.

After a good rain storm, the floors of my E46 are still dry. Re-sealing the doors worked! It's the little things sometimes that bring me joy.

1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pKwIjdyGcQ71MDLMZHLaY2zzD1MSB9D7pMF15zrzzK2aZ13F1dIxRNrVsSGnkvhb