1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 ... 186
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/29/21 2:26 p.m.

Second shot done. That one hurt.

But, closer to being able to hug mom!!!!

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/29/21 5:05 p.m.

Had a good preliminary interview for a job on an exciting project for possible post-retirement employment this morning.

I also got the i8 down off the lift and out on the road for the first time this year today.  It's been in storage since November.  I'd forgotten how effortlessly that car moves.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/29/21 5:50 p.m.

I now have 3 of the hard to find cymbals I love to use for a ride in 20", 23" and 26"

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
3/29/21 7:08 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Your commitment to percussion weirdness is noted.  laugh

3/29/21 7:56 p.m.
11GTCS said:

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Your commitment to percussion weirdness is noted.  laugh

Now all I need is a 22 inch to complete the set!

RX Reven'
RX Reven' SuperDork
3/30/21 7:52 p.m.
Beer Baron said:

Put Led Zeppelin II on the stereo and the dog comes running, jumps into my lap, and settles in.

Let me guess "Black Dog". cheeky

BTW, does / has your uncle live / lived in Cameron Air Park...if so, I've met him.

Added later...

Just looked it up...Black Dog was Led Zeppelin IV; just roll with it.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
3/31/21 9:51 a.m.

Got new tires and finally put these spare factory alloy pomegranate wheels that I painted last summer to use. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/31/21 11:39 a.m.

Saw a spot open up yesterday at 5pm.

Got Pfizer'd today at 8:30 laugh

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/31/21 12:19 p.m.

Opened up appointments at 8 am for 60 and older, which is me. Previously, it was 62 and older.  Online appointments for my city were gone by 8:09.

Fine.

Martensville is a small town north of the city about 8 miles.  I have an appointment for 11:20 Sunday morning.

Karacticus
3/31/21 12:24 p.m.

Great second (first was with HR) interview today with engineering VP. Another interview already being arranged.

Remember the thread where I got to comment on how the Denver area is not my favorite place on the planet?  Job would be in Englewood, at the Centennial Airport, so I'd at least being willing to tolerate the area for this project. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/31/21 12:26 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

Good luck!

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
3/31/21 1:51 p.m.
RX Reven' said:
Beer Baron said:

Put Led Zeppelin II on the stereo and the dog comes running, jumps into my lap, and settles in.

Let me guess "Black Dog". cheeky

BTW, does / has your uncle live / lived in Cameron Air Park...if so, I've met him.

Added later...

Just looked it up...Black Dog was Led Zeppelin IV; just roll with it.

"Whole Lotta Love". Arguably more appropriate for this picture.

And that would have been my dad. He would have probably had an Aztek at the time, or possibly a Nanjang CJ-6. He lives in Texas now.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' SuperDork
3/31/21 3:07 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

I think I connected the dots from knowing your last name, that you're from Northern California, and that you're part of an aviation family.

BTW, he had the CJ-6 at the time. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/31/21 3:14 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Saw a spot open up yesterday at 5pm.

Got Pfizer'd today at 8:30 laugh

Mom told me she finally got an appointment for Friday.  She and her husband have been eligible for like a month, but they couldn't get appointments at the same time/place, so they gave up trying, and she at least got hers singly.  When I told her Ohio would stop doing the Pfizer shots on April 5th, she said Tom would be really pissed, because he wants the Pfizer sauce.  So I says, keep trying!

Got a text a couple hours later.  They got him an appointment at the same time/place as hers!

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/1/21 2:17 p.m.

After a few false tries this morning I found an open appointment at kroger not far away. Just got stabbed with Moderna.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/1/21 2:19 p.m.

In reply to EvanB (Forum Supporter) :

Lucky bastard. I got tired after banging my head on several virtual walls for about an hour this morning.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/1/21 3:03 p.m.

After tinkering and detailing for almost two months as time allowed, I finally was able to photograph my '85 900 Turbo sedan and add it to my insurance policy. Time to go make this thing legal.

TVR Scott (Forum Supporter)
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/1/21 4:07 p.m.
Karacticus said:

Great second (first was with HR) interview today with engineering VP. Another interview already being arranged.

Remember the thread where I got to comment on how the Denver area is not my favorite place on the planet?  Job would be in Englewood, at the Centennial Airport, so I'd at least being willing to tolerate the area for this project. 

Boom Supersonic?

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
4/1/21 4:36 p.m.

New old job is about 80% commission. Last month the number I get paid on was 7% more than I ever saw before I left and it's not even summer yet. 
Doc is gonna resubmit the insurance request for my epidural injection. And my headaches have subsided noticeably which I'll put down to the physical therapy. 
And to cap it off, steak dinner tomorrow. 

Things could be worse. 

Karacticus
4/1/21 4:51 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) :

Yep!

TVR Scott (Forum Supporter)
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/1/21 6:01 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

I've done contracting there in the past and I'm actually lining up another stint right now. Will be doing the ME side of avionics.  It's been a few years though.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/2/21 1:49 p.m.

Wife's doctor finally found a non narcotic pain med that let her sleep through the night. First time in 3-4 weeks we both got a decent night of sleep. I almost feel human. 

4/2/21 5:17 p.m.

Watched Godzilla vs Kong with the family. It was good!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/2/21 5:49 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

Congrats on commission work.  I made more in one month a year ago than I made the first, second, or third year out of college.  

Also last month my commission number ranked #90 out the past 91 months.  Some are good, some aren't.  Bank some cash for those months.   

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
4/2/21 6:30 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Thanks. Wife is really good about putting money away so we should be fine. Part of why I left was a dislike of sales. I'd rather provide something useful than just chase dollars, but at a certain point the money makes it worth while. I started back at that point and have a promise of more in 90 days. 78 days now. 

1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 ... 186
Our Preferred Partners
tuhkaWDfUUc908iJMGReSLBQ4GMtywpAJnp3onTZTczYaGXm6bp5HWN79nd7nEV4