1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 ... 292
Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/3/21 12:17 a.m.

My wife got scheduled for shot 1 on Wednesday. With some of the other folks we're close with being a little ahead of us, we're about six weeks from starting to hang out with family and friends in a quasi-normal fashion.

We had our weekly zoom happy hour and realized that my wife and a friend on the zoom who scheduled at the same time as her were the last ones in that particular group. In a month and a half, the same group can meet at someone's house or a bar or something. In person.

Holy crap.

EDIT: kinda. I keep getting a little ahead of myself on some of the guidance. But even really small gatherings are super exciting, and I'm so looking forward to cooking dinner for my folks.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/21 8:15 a.m.

I bought an MVCI2 to use as a GM-specific scan tool.  Will also work on Ford and Chrysler and even some Toyotas and VWs, although I have good options for those.

Because I bought it as a tool for work, and USED it as a tool for work, it was covered under my tool allowance benefit.  laugh  I can't say it was "free" HPTuners, because that's $421 that I'm not spending on some other tool, but... free HPTuners!

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/3/21 9:23 a.m.

Contractor and insurance have come to an agreement about my roof.   It'll be happening in the next couple of weeks and holy carp it's a spendy project!  $36k and climbing cool

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/3/21 5:36 p.m.

Pepboys nearest me is shutting down their retail section.  60-40% off everything on the retail floor.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
4/3/21 6:05 p.m.

Follow up from the first world problems thread:

Peabody said:

Had to revive this one as I’ve been torturing myself all weekend. 

My dream bike came up for sale on Kijiji Friday at a very fair price. I’d not contacted him as I’m working nights all weekend with no chance of going to see it. I fully expected  it to be long gone but it wasn’t this evening so I called. It not only sounds legit, but it looks like I’ll be able to buy it, sell the bike I’m not crazy about and only be about $500 out of pocket. 

And I’m sitting here at work thinking what a pain it’s going to be to make it happen

Here's a win, possibly major.

The bike had no paperwork, which is not totally out of the ordinary for what it is. But I wasn't going to shell out $7k if I wasn't sure I could get an ownership and insurance. So I played it safe and passed. A few days later somebody replied to a thread I posted in a TM (the bike is a TM144) forum.

That bike was originally owned by one of the fastest canadian amateurs. It’s been ridden HARD. Air filters not cleaned almost ever, never seen grease on anything, yet still pounding 30 minute motos at gopher (Sand track). Then put away dirty. Not too mention the clutch was used like the throttle and the washer recall was never done, meaning clutch assembly is toast
the last guy to buy a bike off them ended up having to buy a $4500 crate motor for it (his TM supermini). It was beyond repair. 

The bike sold and is back up for sale a week later. Possibly dodged a bullet

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/6/21 3:34 p.m.

I just received my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.

No adverse reactions to report other than the huge wang that's growing out of the side of my head and some Tourette syndrome where I randomly bark out Nazi rhetoric.

Small price to pay; right?

Anyway, I celebrated with a quick drive up PCH from Ventura (where I got my shot) to Rincon Beach (about 20 miles North) in my Mazda CX-3 with the sunroof open and Sirius cranked up to eleven blasting my favorites.

Perfect day...high 60's, dry, gentle breeze (just enough to get the palm trees swaying), beautifully formed waves breaking all along the coast.

Life is good!

Med change is a huge success. Ain't felt that good in years. And the reduction in side effects os fabulous. 

G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter)
G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/6/21 11:56 p.m.

65 active codes to 28 active with $0 of parts. Maybe I should buy this thing...

Pete. (l33t FS)
4/7/21 12:11 a.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) :

G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter)
G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/7/21 12:41 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) : The good news is that the only engine code is for a fan circuit and there are no airbag codes. The bad news is that the PCB in the shifter is ganked and the power liftgate has packed up. Still, I could very easily buy it and fix it for challenge money.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/7/21 6:32 a.m.

I found $105 in a pocket of a pair of pants I haven't worn in a couple of months. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/7/21 9:41 a.m.

Despite my strong dislike of conflict and hardball negotiating, managed to get the monthly bill for our security system reduced by more than half.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/8/21 8:06 a.m.

Yesterday was a surprisingly good day for unexpected reasons... also managed to sell pretty much all of the anime figures that I wanted to get rid of in one fell swoop to someone local, and for enough that it offset almost all of the Lego that I've bought this year.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
4/9/21 3:41 p.m.

I got a fireball tool square/clamp after seeing someone here talk about them, and it is going to make welding the table for my metal Brake much much easier and more accurate. Side-win: got into the garage today and cut all the pieces for said table.

Other win: tomorrow I get to go pick up my next vehicle/victim, a 1-owner LS1/T56 powered Camaro. Needs work but I'm super excited.

Pete. (l33t FS)
4/9/21 6:57 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

I know how much figures are worth, how the heck many LEGO sets did you buy?

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
4/9/21 9:36 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

And why was everything sticky?

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/9/21 10:00 p.m.

Dad bought a completely un-special, mid-grade Craftsman BBQ about 46 years ago and gave it to me about 20 years ago when he had a fancy permanent BBQ island built in his backyard.

I didn't BBQ once last year as the old Craftsman needed work to be safe / practical / cook well and I just didn't want to deal with it in the middle of a pandemic.

One of its problems was a shattered wheel and while shopping for other stuff at a small hardware store yesterday, I noticed they had what appeared to be a perfect replacement.

Blah, blah, blah...I took the shattered wheel and connecting bolt to the hardware store today, confirmed a perfect match, and eight bucks later, I was the proud owner of a new wheel.

I went by the grocery store on the way home and bought fresh jumbo shrimp, asparagus, mushrooms, corm on the husk, and one perfect fresh lemon.

I spent about two hours tearing the BBQ down to nothing, inspecting / thoroughly cleaning everything, and taking her up to maximum temperature to burn off any funk.

I just had the best meal (by far) I've had in over a year...how much is because it was actually great Vs. how much is because I'm (we're) finally regaining control of our lives...don't know - don't care...it was GREAT!!! and that's all that matters.

Life is good. 

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/10/21 9:40 p.m.

I'm dog-sitting these two knuckleheads for a bit for a coworker who is getting married. Sunny (L) and Thor (R). I believe Sunny is an Australian Sheppard and Thor is a Border Collie. There is never a dull moment with these two. They both love to fetch tennis balls. I come home covered in dog slobber and hair but I don't care. I noticed that two of their favorite toys are pretty much wasted so I bought them new ones. I've started spoiling them and they aren't even mine lol.

I forgot how much happier life is when you have a dog (or two). All dogs are therapy dogs smiley

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/10/21 11:48 p.m.

Can't be. Sunny has a tail. Aussies look like a Luden's cough drop that fell into the  couch.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/11/21 11:00 a.m.

It tastes like we're having a pig roast for the wedding

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
4/14/21 7:15 p.m.

Not completely my win but related! My son successfully defended his masters thesis in urban planning today to the college of architecture at Texas A&M.  This was accompanied by him getting a reply to a job application this morning with a request for an interview next week.  Cart before horse but it’s in a great little town only a couple of hours from us.  We are wicked proud and excited. Slightly related, we will all be fully vaccinated by early May so we’ll be able travel and attend graduation.   A lot of hard work on his part is paying off and I had to share the good news.  

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/14/21 7:18 p.m.
RevRico said:

It tastes like we're having a pig roast for the wedding

Confirmed, we are having a pig roast for the wedding. Deposit paid today. 

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
4/14/21 9:24 p.m.

*Successfully* fixed something on the M3.  
Still taking it to my mechanic on Friday but at least I shouldn't have to keep my foot on the gas the whole way there.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/15/21 9:24 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Can't be. Sunny has a tail. Aussies look like a Luden's cough drop that fell into the  couch.

Aussies can have tails. AKC and other orgs say no, but they're idiotic and backwards.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/15/21 10:04 a.m.

I had an Aussie/blue healer with no tail. I can't imagine someone spending money docking a tail on a mutt. Aussies weren't even AKC recognized at the time. I guess he was the 1 in 5 with no tail naturally.  

I stand corrected.

1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mqwwnRGOSpFGBc1DrNwdd49iz7LQToxTcUic5RBXROhJl7N2M91x9uhOGBASbEHK