1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 ... 292
Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/21 9:00 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

"Good Valium comes on slow.  The first hour is all waiting.  And then about halfway through its second hour, you start cursing the creep who burned you because nothing's happening.  And then... zang"

I had Valium exactly once and I'll never, ever take it again. I gave so few berkeleys about anything I'd could've been driving a steamroller, saw a litter of puppies in the way, figured it was too much trouble to move and then, after the inevitable incredible mess happened, decided using a toddler as a sponge to clean it up was a good idea.

Never again.

*ahem* My minor win of the day: I had a person who is much more senior than I am at my job agree that a control process wasn't working as intended and take a note to look at it.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/19/21 7:40 a.m.
Duke said:
mtn said:
Streetwiseguy said:

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

That looks like an excellent thing, as long as you don't drop it on your arm.

Too soon?

Have you met Peabody (even virtually)?  There's no such thing as too soon.

Perfect timing, actually

David S. Wallens said: (just yesterday)

Small sidebar, but we also want everyone to feel welcome and comfortable here. Not getting that vibe? Someone making things uncomfortable for you? Just reach out to a mod or staff member. 

Thanks, everyone. 

cheekycheeky

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/19/21 7:44 a.m.

Actually, the stupid thing is, I've come off , been under, gone over and been hit and run over by a motocross bike at highway speeds so many times over the years there's no way I could remember them all, and not a single broken bone. So if it was going to happen, it would probably fall on me, or more specifically my arm

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/19/21 12:00 p.m.

Got a sub-$4k estimate to cut down the offending tree, from a bonded and insured company.  Most estimates were in the $8k-16k range.

I know people will talk about the guy they had who cut down a tree for $90 and a case of Miller Lite, but this tree overlaps half of our house, half the neighbor's house, and extends out to the neighbor's driveway across their yard.

It's a big mammajamma with a lot of liability.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/20/21 2:49 a.m.

Sister is coming in for the Hellspawn's first birthday.  I offer to go pick her up. SWMBO says we all should all go. I reply, "Well, I kind of wanted to take the FR-S, maybe scare the E36 M3 out of her.

SWMBO gets a devilish smile. "Yeah. You should definitely do I that." 

Hey Appleseed,  why'd you marry her again? devil

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
5/20/21 4:57 p.m.

It's official.  Kid number three in blue (pictured with number one) has graduated high school.   The last year of NTI and senioritis have been a challenge but we got her across the finish line.   Three down and one to go, woot!!

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/20/21 5:07 p.m.
KyAllroad said:

It's official.  Kid number three in blue (pictured with number one) has graduated high school...

Congratulations! We have 2 weeks until Kid #1 graduates. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/20/21 6:26 p.m.

Only 17 more years till mine graduates. (Holy E36 M3)

slefain
slefain PowerDork
5/21/21 9:33 a.m.

16 year ago today I got to learn how to walk again. berkeley you drunk driver, I'm still here!

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/21/21 10:36 a.m.

Went by a local machine shop that opens at 7am on the way to work hoping I could get my H1 heads bead blasted in a few days. They check in the back and 5 minutes later bring them out done and won't accept money for it. FREE! 

made my weekend

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/21/21 10:51 a.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

You should bring it by when it's all done and show off what they helped with. 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/21/21 12:38 p.m.
Appleseed said:

For sure. They are getting 2 large pizzas delivered at lunch. They may turn down money but nobody turns down hot pizza. 

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
5/21/21 2:57 p.m.

Greetings from Aggieland! This handsome sumbeach just graduated with his masters degree in Urban Planning and will be hitting the road Sunday to head up to Vermont to start work in a cool little town.  With luck this time next year his girlfriend will be heading up as she has one more year in her masters program.   We’ve had an awesome time with them and are so very grateful to be able to travel.  It was a long 14 months since the last time we’d seen him.  Life is good!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/21/21 3:45 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

i remember your "I'm more metal than you" thread.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
5/21/21 4:28 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to slefain :

i remember your "I'm more metal than you" thread.

I miss animated gif avatars, I still have that one.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/21/21 6:19 p.m.

Fabricator friend of the old man got a lot of cases of Coke because of the refusal to take money. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/21/21 6:21 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Good luck. Enjoy berkeleying up city streets where you live. wink

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/21/21 7:14 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to 11GTCS :

I wasn't going to say that out loud. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/21/21 7:21 p.m.
slefain said:

16 year ago today I got to learn how to walk again. berkeley you drunk driver, I'm still here!

You will forever be more metal than the rest of us.

(I hope, anyway.  It'd suck to beat that)

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/22/21 7:09 p.m.

Watching on DVR the Indy 500 qualifications and 18 year old daughter saw Alex Palou hit and asked me if that was understeer or oversteer?   

WHAT?  Apparently she's been driving her buddies computer racing simulator and told me she's better with an over steering car (not sure what the game is ???).  She's also using stick shift and likes it.  

Next thing I'm cracking out "How to Make your Car Handle" book........

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
5/22/21 8:38 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to 11GTCS :

Relax, he doesn’t do road planning.  smiley More of a reviving downtown small town vibe. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/22/21 9:09 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Have you been to a small downtown with a small downtown vibe? Those streets are berkeleyed up. laugh

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/23/21 2:17 p.m.

My tiller hasn't run right in years, but not poorly enough that I could be bothered to spend more time fixing it than it actually gets used in a season.

So this year it wouldn't start. In fact, it pissed gas out the overflow as soon as you turned the fuel on. So off came the bowl, via a single bolt in the bottom. Easy enough. The bowl was full of crud, and the float was seized. Freed up float, clean the gunk out of the bowl and needle, and of course it wouldn't fire.  Obviously not getting fuel. Off comes the carb to get a thorough cleaning. After reinstalling it the second time and still not getting fuel,  I figured I should take a little better look at the carb and try to figure out how this particular variant works.

I can't see how the fuel is supposed to get from the bowl into the top of the carb. And then I realize, that single bolt that secures the bowl is supposed to have cross drilled holes that actually take the fuel from the bowl up to the main jet, which, it looks like, is actually in the top of the bolt itself. Hmm. Find those holes, clean them out, check the main, bolt it back up, and it starts first pull and is running better than it has since I can remember buying it.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/23/21 2:46 p.m.
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) said:
Appleseed said:

For sure. They are getting 2 large pizzas delivered at lunch. They may turn down money but nobody turns down hot pizza. 

I find that good scotch works in this situation too

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/23/21 5:32 p.m.

We drive to town only to find that the Mexican restaurant I've been craving all weekend was closed. I want to avoid the inevitable where do you want to go? I don't know, where do you want to go? routine so I go straight for the easy button. How about KFC? Definitely she says, excellent call. The drive through is insane, and since we're still under heavy restrictions here and nobody goes in to order, I do exactly that, order my Zinger boxes and wait. We're out of hot wings sir, is it OK if we sub chicken Tenders? Sure.

I get it, look in and see they gave us each one Tender to replace the wings. I pull it out. One? Really? You can do better than that. Oh, I'm sorry sir. He comes back with a box full of Tenders, enough so that we eat and hardly put a dent in the box. Win!

On the way home I realize, it's the May 2-4 weekend here and also the significance of that date, and no, it's not Queen Victoria's birthday.

My anniversary is May 17

My 35th anniversary

She forgot too (in the event that you're not married this is the win)

Hey, hun, it's May 23rd, guess what we missed.

Happy anniversary, I got you a box of chicken Tenders

1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eDGVcRaZqPDb0BxJ1OJP1EGEGBS3NeZ6QrTiGPdWSxFlZStSN7bYHaUQdo7feodR