Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/21 5:34 p.m.

46 billed hours this week.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/18/21 5:41 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

I've always been intrigued by the Morgans.  Not really something that I'd want to own, I don't think, but something I'd test drive.

Small feet highly recommended.  I was more or less covering my clutch foot with the other foot while braking.

You can keep more of your arms and legs inside the vehicle than a motorcycle, but just barely.

While I wouldn't say it's overpowered, it's definitely traction limited with only the single rear wheel. 

Two cylinder exhaust note makes you giggle, but the noise and buffeting make even 60 mph kind of brutal.

It is just so completely a toy and nothing else, and it should be celebrated for that. 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
6/18/21 10:13 p.m.

laugh After almost exactly 1 year since I last saw him in person, I got to shake my dad's hand and give him a hug!  Best day I've had in a while, even if I cried through most of it. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
6/19/21 9:32 a.m.

Had this about 2-3 miles away from me last night, but no damage.  Managed to get the dog and cat into the basement with only minor bloodshed, mostly thanks to SWMBO.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/19/21 2:31 p.m.

Honey moon is booked. I don't want to say paid for because we didn't find out until after we booked that we're 15 minutes from a Tanger outlet.

3 nights 4 days just outside of Lancaster, PA. 

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/20/21 12:25 p.m.

After the last dating disaster, I've been talking to another woman. She is funny as hell, intelligent and attractive. We've been texting terrible memes to each other and yesterday we talked for 4(!) hours on the phone. We have the same berkeleyed up sense of humor. I hope we can get to know each other better as she seems like fun.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/20/21 5:48 p.m.

We pulled and reinstalled the head unit on the missus' 4Runner to solve some issues. During the original install, after all of the in and out of testing the connections for a fully functional infotainment system retrofit, I somehow plugged the mic into the AV input on final reassembly. So many wires. Camera. Microphone. Steering wheel controller box, center console remote USB port for smartphone. Parking brake pickup. Reverse pickup. I'm glad I didn't have any video to do.

It's all sorted now, so the 4Runner is set.

Next up is a waterproof motorcycle USB charger for the Birkin.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/23/21 7:16 a.m.

Nephew (old to enough to have graduated college, has job at Mayo Clinic) decided to by 2020 Toyota 86 instead of dicey 2013 FRS.  He's excited to be signed up for a driving school with the Northstar BMW CCA chapter in August!

I'll be joining him, working on figuring out if I do it as a student or instructor.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/23/21 1:51 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

At a  Cars and Coffee a couple of weeks ago I talked for a bit with a guy that owns one.  I have always liked the idea of them and would love to take one for a drive.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
6/24/21 8:45 a.m.

Wife was crazy busy the last week, so she put our oldest son (11) in charge of making lunch for everyone. He knows I like roast beef, so he's been making me roast beef and cheddar sandwiches. I don't have the heart to tell him he's been using cabbage leaves instead of lettuce. It's good for me either way and the crunch is oddly satisfying. Finding him a task he likes makes him happy, so maybe he'll be lunch chef more often. He already makes his own mac & cheese on the stove, so he's ready for single life.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/24/21 10:15 a.m.
slefain said:

Wife was crazy busy the last week, so she put our oldest son (11) in charge of making lunch for everyone. He knows I like roast beef, so he's been making me roast beef and cheddar sandwiches. I don't have the heart to tell him he's been using cabbage leaves instead of lettuce. It's good for me either way and the crunch is oddly satisfying. Finding him a task he likes makes him happy, so maybe he'll be lunch chef more often. He already makes his own mac & cheese on the stove, so he's ready for single life.

I think all kids need to be put through a cooking "boot camp", boot camp in quotes because cooking is fun. 

Start easy. Pancakes, mac and cheese, grilled cheese, brownies from a box, fruit salad. Move on to making sauces. From there, tacos - how to chop onion and cilantro, warm a tortilla on the frying pan, how to cook chorizo/grilled chicken/marinate stuff... Tacos could take an entire week!

It is amazing how easy it is to cook most things, and how afraid people are of it. Start the kids young. 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
6/24/21 10:58 a.m.

Set the traps Tuesday night, put the ad in yesterday morning, and before lunch today all the kittens are gone.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/24/21 11:14 a.m.
slefain said:

If they have it, I always get shredded cabbage added to my burritos, instead of lettuce.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/24/21 11:42 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Shredded cabbage in a burrito has got be banned in some chemical warfare treaty somewhere.

but now I have a great idea for next time I get the urge to make corned beef sandwiches!

slefain
slefain PowerDork
6/24/21 1:35 p.m.
mtn said:
slefain said:

I think all kids need to be put through a cooking "boot camp", boot camp in quotes because cooking is fun. 

Start easy. Pancakes, mac and cheese, grilled cheese, brownies from a box, fruit salad. Move on to making sauces. From there, tacos - how to chop onion and cilantro, warm a tortilla on the frying pan, how to cook chorizo/grilled chicken/marinate stuff... Tacos could take an entire week!

It is amazing how easy it is to cook most things, and how afraid people are of it. Start the kids young. 

Middle son (9) already love to cook. Has his own cooking tools and cook books. Kid makes a mean salmon filet. I hate salmon, but he cooks it in an iron skillet and makes a glaze that goes over it. I can eat a slab the size of my hand. Still needs supervision, but he's all about cooking.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
6/25/21 9:02 a.m.

House refi is done after about 3 months of back and forth with the bank. Back in a 30 year at just under 3% everything in now autopay and the taxes are divorced from the payment. Saves me 1100$ a month just in interest over the last rate. Rates were just too cheap to pass up on a 30 over the 15 to do it again so its a lot cheaper from that as well. Paid myself back to an investment account for the last of the money I borrowed from myself for the Flex. Back to nothing but a very small mortgage feels good. I hate debt even if I owe the money to myself.  

Also won a top 100 innovator award yesterday on something I forgot I did. Woops

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/27/21 5:43 p.m.

2nd on raw time, 8th on PAX and 1st in class at today's autocross. Hot damn

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/21 6:33 p.m.

Took the boy-spawn and one of his buddies out for a 10 mile bicycle ride. The pandemic had him really idle, and he put on a few pounds. I advised him to wear shorts (he's in the jeans, I'm in the blue shirt behind him) but we went early enough it wasn't too hot, but he did chafe a bit.

The win is that he finished the ride. Afterwards, he told me he wants to come on some more ride with us and start getting back into shape.

So, I get to spend time with my teenaged kid doing something we both like, and he's going to get exercise.

WIN-WIN.

May be an image of 1 person, standing, riding a bicycle, bicycle and outdoors

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/29/21 3:23 p.m.

I found the thermostat!

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/29/21 4:10 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Shredded cabbage in a burrito has got be banned in some chemical warfare treaty somewhere.

Man, I don't want to tell folks what they should enjoy, but... When I was a kid we lived in the Mission District in San Francisco, and I developed opinions about what a burrito should be. When we moved to Eugene, Oregon and someone offered me sprouts and broccoli and a whole wheat tortilla... It just seemed wrong.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/29/21 5:13 p.m.

That may be OK as a wrap. But it sure ain't a burrito. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/29/21 6:39 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I'd definitely eat the hell out of it, but yes, not a burrito.

In before "hot dogs are sandwiches" and "vanilla soy latte is a three bean soup".

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/29/21 8:04 p.m.

I just want to say thank you to the random dude in the Silverado who gave me the light flash and universal slow down sign this evening on the way home from work. I feel like no one flashes for cops anymore and he definitely saved my bacon today. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/30/21 1:12 p.m.

New high score in the black truck! 15.6 mpg!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/30/21 1:48 p.m.

I finally fixed two annoying things that have been wrong with the wife's unicorn since we got it.  No more broken cup holders and rattle in the center console, found a screw rolling around, and fixed the wonky turn signals in the back.

1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DcH72wdShEkXQudsEg0LM21TwczuuLj9W7Tx8WOj9P36231yS6eeJtXtbGkkniEP