1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 ... 291
KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
7/16/21 6:49 a.m.

Got the Zoomboni aligned last week and things apparently were better (per my co-driver who got to run it in the dry morning heat).  But alignment tech (who coincidentally is my co-driver) showed me a problem he found:  the drivers side tie rod end is bad and I needed to replace it.  Turns out there isn't one in the state so it takes AZ a couple of days to get it in ($57!!!).

Last night I'm in the garage working on said ice resurfacer and go to replace the offending piece.  The castle nut is loose!  Like not even finger snug and only held on by the cotter pin LOOSE.  Rattle it down with the impact, check on other things around the vehicle and find loose-ish nuts and bolts on the PPF, diff bushings, motor mounts, drivers side tie rod, and a couple others.

It's suffered from "unsettled" handling since I've owned this little monster, hopefully this will get all the parts going in the same direction simultaneously.

Might as well bleed the brakes and change the transmission juice while it's up in the air, they are original to the 2007 build....

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/18/21 4:34 p.m.

It took a project car in my garage to finally get me to organize my work bench. I got tired of chasing tools down, moving 5 things just to get one thing out and the general chaos of zero organization.

What was key to this cleanup and organization was a US General 5 drawer rolling tool cart ($239 at the Hammer Store), a small cheap rolling cart to keep my paint and chemicals on ($30 on Amazon) and a 24x36 utility cart ($59 also at the Hammer Store). Other items were pegboard hooks, small pegboard bins and a 4 pack of 8ft Barrina LED lights (only one was installed over the work bench, the rest will be installed on the garage ceiling later).

I didn't have any sort of tool storage besides the workbench before buying the tool cart. Everything got thrown into the work bench. There was trash, ziptie tails, broken hardware and old automotive light bulbs also on the work bench.

Before:

After:

It's still not perfect but at least I can actually work on something without spending time finding tools now.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/19/21 7:36 a.m.

I have a lift in the garage now!!!!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/19/21 8:08 a.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

My garage needs such a rolfing it's not funny.

stanger_mussle
7/25/21 8:33 p.m.

Ever add something to your Amazon list and then forget about it?

Today, for some reason, I was going through my Amazon lists. Most of the car related stuff on there is discontinued, permanently out of stock or I can not remember why I added it in the first place.

I've had a Belltech lowering kit for my truck on my wishlist for almost 2.5 years. When I added it, the price was $290. It has steadily increased in price; all the way up to $368, which is ridiculous. When I checked it today, however, there was a "Used - Like New" option for $218. 

So I took a gamble and bought it for $218, almost $70 less than I had seen it over 2 years ago.

Score!

I also bought a front shock from, get this, New Egg, of all places. It was $12 cheaper than everywhere. Now I have a complete set of Bilstein 4600 shocks for the truck.

stanger_mussle
7/26/21 8:47 a.m.

And look what showed up a little while ago:

The box is more tape than cardboard at this point.

Lots of packing. I can't tell if that's a good or bad thing at this point.

Everything is present! The hardware bag is still unopened. The only casualty was the stickers.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/26/21 9:51 a.m.

All belltech stickers arrive like that. I have never had a good one....

My win:

I got a new job!!!!!

Same pay, doing what i do, for one of the companies taking over the territory im currently working for the company thats going under.

Huge relief. Staggering. Way more than a minor win, but only to me and my family. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
7/27/21 6:30 p.m.

"My win:

I got a new job!!!!!

Same pay, doing what i do, for one of the companies taking over the territory im currently working for the company thats going under.

Huge relief. Staggering. Way more than a minor win, but only to me and my family. "

And to all of us here that worried about your situation......Amen and Hallelujah!!!!!

err does that mean you're taking Darth Nader back?????wink 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/27/21 7:30 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Maybe someday, but not now. Lots of other life circumstances at play. 

But, i can continue to provide for my family! Huge, huge answered prayers. Thank you!

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/27/21 7:40 p.m.

After most of a week of apartment-hunting in one of the most cutthroat markets in the country (CA Bay Area) I signed a lease on a place in Sunnyvale that's really nice and has me super excited. This whole cross-country move thing is super stressful but one of the most crucial components is now locked in.

stanger_mussle
7/28/21 11:19 p.m.

After agonizing for almost 2.5 years, I finally decided that it would be ok to contact my ex girlfriend in Florida to see how she was doing. We dated for almost 3 years and then I got military orders to the other side of the country. Initially she wanted to go with me but got cold feet the closer the move date got. I understood since her entire life is down here.

Now that I'm back, I decided to look her up since I haven't talked to her in almost 4 years. We've been talking for a few days now and she confessed that she still had feelings for me. Which is great because I absolutely adored her and thought about her a lot while we were apart.

I'm happy because I have had an absolutely horrible time with the dating scene. It's just been one disappointment after another. I really want this to work out because she's the only ex that I actually miss.

I haven't been this happy in a looooong time

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/21 1:43 a.m.

Congratulations on potentially escaping the E36 M3show of dating.

stanger_mussle
7/29/21 2:58 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Congratulations on potentially escaping the E36 M3show of dating.

Thanks Wally. And what a E36 M3show it has been. I thought the dating scene in my 20s was rough. Nothing has prepared me for the dumpster fire of dating when I was 40. Holy berk.

So, I had a coffee date with my ex-GF this afternoon before work. I haven't seen her in 6 years but it felt like 6 days. It felt just like old times. We are a bit older and grayer but it was like we were never apart.

I'm hoping we can have dinner or another date soon.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/21 4:00 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

But, i can continue to provide for my family! Huge, huge answered prayers. Thank you!

I come here for good news, and this is great news. I was low-key worried about y'all. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/29/21 4:23 p.m.

Ran into an old boss today. Her new position? Entry level retail sales, while pushing 50.

That's a win because of what a horrible human being and boss she was, she deserves retail. 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
7/29/21 4:26 p.m.

Did you tell her?

I would have.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/29/21 4:51 p.m.

I don't know if I shared it here or not but this is the story of the last date I went on before giving up and applying at the monestary.  

This is a picture of a post in another group, I couldn't edit it, if any language is a problem I'll take it down. 

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
7/29/21 5:24 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

This has to SURELY contain some hyperbole... right???

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/29/21 5:42 p.m.

In reply to hunter47 :

Almost none, it was an absolute nightmare of a day. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
7/29/21 6:09 p.m.

So... what you guys are saying is: Now that I'm over 30, If I find myself single I should stick with the dog for companionship?

My win: stopped at home for lunch on a whim and decided to take dog around the yard. Happened to spot a big yellowjacket nest burrowed in the ground. Much better than finding it while mowing or God forbid having a kid stumble on it.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/29/21 6:48 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

The dog is tired of me being home all the time. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
7/29/21 7:12 p.m.

Post-date photo?

Home Alone's Wet Bandit Marv is back and he's TERRIFIED of grown up Kevin  McCallister

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/29/21 9:16 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

I was cutting my dads lawn and hit a yellow jacket nest and they attacked my sock by my shoe so I started jumping around, yelling and knocking them off.  

I had recently gotten stung at my house on my arm so I knew what was going on.

Totally freaked out my dad as he was watching me cut from a lawnchair and  thought I ran the blade over my foot.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/29/21 9:18 p.m.

My heart goes out to you.  Who mentions somebodies weight?  

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/30/21 12:30 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Most of the women I've talked to have said something, I understand it and am ok with it.  I send a couple of my worst pics because it is an issue. The two that came out and met me were just aggravating because they acted surprised like I wasn't upfront about it. 

1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iHhScCe9lRTveSUPUuNGYD7vQk1pq3GLW6ySeYkgTF63CL9wVGxc3RG482JRSf4k