1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 ... 291
chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/6/21 11:58 a.m.

Moved into the new house a year ago and have been without power in the barn because the old house was in the way. Today the conduit was put in so probably finish wiring it next week and have lights and a power door again! Yay!

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
9/6/21 12:48 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

So much land! What state is this???

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/6/21 1:25 p.m.

Ohioer

Mine isn't much but it's in the middle of 800 acre farm so I haven't really got neighbors and it looks huge.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/7/21 9:14 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:

So Yay: I have an interview
Boo: Company is in Bradenton, ~45 minute drive in good traffic
Yay: I overpriced what I wanted for the job and they called me back next day
Boo: Interview is in person and is crack of the ass early

Got an offer that I can live with.  Time to go pee in a cup.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/7/21 1:13 p.m.

My wife and I hit 28 years together on Saturday.  We didn't go on a trip this year but had a very good weekend and the kids didn't burn the house down.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/8/21 10:01 p.m.

So much win today.

Saw an ad on the free section of CL for Lionel track.  Free. Get in touch with the seller. It's now in my garage.  An easy $50-$100+ worth of track. 

Got a weird clank in the front of the Radio Flyer after I put on new struts. Pulled the tires to investigate.  Ended up with a shaky steering wheel after I put the wheel back on. Still chasing the clunk, I pull the wheels again. This time I clean the mounting surface and the wheel face. Shake is gone. 

Checked the tightness of every bolt on the struts. None of it clears up the clunk. Everything,  except the top strut rod, the one you hold with a hex while you tighten it. It was loose. Clunk is gone.

So. Much. Win.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
9/9/21 7:07 a.m.

Went to a concert for the first time since Covid.

Violent Femmes and Flogging Molly. Great times.

mundquist
mundquist New Reader
9/9/21 9:39 a.m.

I had a great weekend of wrenching.  Saturday morning I bought a dead 2009 Jeep Patriot for $200.  I spent $190 for a tow and $170 for a new starter and relay.  I had it running by Saturday afternoon and everything (suspension, transmission, brakes, ac, stereo) worked as it should.  Sold it at cost Sunday afternoon to an old friend who needed a car.  I am happy for the mechanical win, my friend is happy to get a cheap car and my wife is happy it only spent 29 hours at our house!

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
9/11/21 8:35 p.m.

After almost 2 years of sitting with the front of the engine torn apart, the hearse is alive!

It has no coolant or exhaust (sorry neighbors) but it fired immediately and idled perfectly.  

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/11/21 9:26 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

That is always such a great feeling. Somewhere I have videos of several "first starts" from major rebuilds saved. I always have that flabbergasted "I can't believe it's running" look on my face.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/13/21 7:58 a.m.

I set FTD for the first time at an autocross. All day my driving had just been kind of meh. I was sitting fourth out of fifth in my class, and 4th on raw. On my second to last run, I managed to just squeak into third in class and was just hoping to hold onto that. My very last run I just had a crystalline moment of clarity where everything seemed to come together. It felt really good and my hands were shaking afterwards, but I had no clue how good. I saw a bunch of people standing around the timing board and they all started cheering and I just assumed it was my personal best and then a good friend ran up and said "You just set FTD by 0.050 seconds." Also launched me to leading my class and 9th on PAX. I was also the third to last car in the second heat, so anybody who had a chance to take it back had already completed their last runs. I've been wanting to take FTD for the past two seasons, and I've been in the Top 10 on raw every event but to finally be #1, that feels good. Also, I'm glad I did it with some serious competition present, it wasn't some bullE36 M3 win where I got it because all the fast guys weren't there.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/14/21 1:58 p.m.

I have stuff!   
afaik, everything but the big green couch... which also happens to be my ETBG cover band's name.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/14/21 2:01 p.m.

Hell yes!!!! Congratulations on getting things unberkeleyed!

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
9/15/21 8:38 a.m.

With the price of good looking used wheels these days, I'd pretty much given up on aftermarket but spotted an OEM wheel from another manufacturer I thought might look good on my car. The specs appeared to be perfect, right down to the bore and offset. Supply and demand wasn't an issue so I didn't think a near 20 year old OEM wheel should be worth $100. So I've been watching for some time ready to give up, but recently watched a set go from $350 to $300 to $250.. when I pounced. I got a set of 4 not perfect, but perfectly OK, 18" rims with very useable 235 40 rubber for $200. And they look exactly how I was hoping they would, and 5 lbs lighter than stock. Win!

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/18/21 1:36 p.m.

Gear oil in a bag = greatest invention ever

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/21 2:27 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:
Mr_Asa said:

So Yay: I have an interview
Boo: Company is in Bradenton, ~45 minute drive in good traffic
Yay: I overpriced what I wanted for the job and they called me back next day
Boo: Interview is in person and is crack of the ass early

Got an offer that I can live with.  Time to go pee in a cup.

I know what you meant, but that sounded like a Bear Grylls meme.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/18/21 2:35 p.m.

Just bought a pair of nearly new hockey gloves for $20 shipped. Wooo!

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/21 10:19 a.m.

It's been a while, but I just had the best weekend I've had in a long time. 

Jodi and I had really gotten into the Radwood shows and planned on traveling to more once the pandemic was over. When Brad released a schedule a few months ago a show near Seattle fit into my schedule, and I waffled about going that far from home for my first trip. I mentioned it in my online support group and a woman I have become good friends with said if I came out for the weekend she'd play tour guide.  We talk almost daily and had very similar lives and relationships. What she and I went through the past few years is almost identical. 

Friday after work I flew out and Saturday morning she and her boyfriend picked me up and took me sightseeing around Seattle for the day.  It rained all day so we went to change then she took me to dinner. I'm not much fun at dinner but the two of us talked a few hours. 

Sunday she picked me up and went to Radwood, we both had a lot of fun, then on to a couple places she's wanted to see, Snoqualmie Falls, and the Museum of Glass in Tacoma. I had a great time at both places. We laughed a lot, talked about Jodi and Josh, how much they had in common and how well we all would have gotten along.  I really needed a few days like this. 

Anyway it's back home to reality today but it was a lot of fun while it lasted. 

From the Space Needle

You can take as much gum as you want.

Eating a bag of Dick's. Not a whole bag. With the surgery it was more like a couple sips of a milkshake but anyway....

Weird vans and Weird Chris' were everywhere out here. 

You people that live out here are blessed with some amazing scenery.

Billions of dollars in art and my favorite display was stuff designed by area kids. 

A selfie with my tour guide and friend. It was she's a good egg for dragging me around all weekend.  

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/20/21 10:51 a.m.

I had a great weekend.

Thursday night my wife and I had a chat with her brother and his wife about all of the family drama. They were really supportive and I think all learned a few things.

Friday morning I was able to debug an issue at work  that had been driving me nuts and it wasn't my fault. Hint to all of you engineers out there, if the pins are MSD-LSD then the bus connected to it should also be MSD-LSD. 

Friday night we had dinner out with two other couples and it was awesome. Great food and great company.

Saturday we took our daughter and her BF out to mini golf, burritos, and a safari. Found a few tarantulas, a HUGE wild boar, and a good sized buck. 

Yesterday my wife and I went on a ~10 mike hike in a beautiful forest in perfect hiking weather. We both survived without any falls or scrapes. 

The best part is that we didn't have to deal with any drama this weekend. I hope we can keep this up. 

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
9/20/21 11:28 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Nice! I was just recently in Seattle for an interview, I should've asked them to push it out a little more so I could catch Radwood at the same time.

Didn't check out the Museum of Flight? 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/20/21 11:35 a.m.
hunter47 said:

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Nice! I was just recently in Seattle for an interview, I should've asked them to push it out a little more so I could catch Radwood at the same time.

Didn't check out the Museum of Flight? 

That was my first thought too, Museum of Flight is great!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/21 12:12 p.m.

former coworker is my personal IT guy these days.  i do requested maintenance on his car, he takes care of the family's computer woes.  yesterday i replaced rear pads on his 2011 WRX, and he insisted on giving me $100 because the dealer quoted him $300.  I got tired of refusing it, so i drove to Toledo with AK2 and we spent a good chunk of it at Waffle House. We were the only customers there, which was weird. Tipped the server and the cook $10 each. Everybody's a winner!

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/21 12:15 p.m.

Museum of flight will have to wait for another time. Two days wasn't nearly enough time. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/20/21 12:40 p.m.

The M21/D21 will wait for you. 

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
9/20/21 9:02 p.m.

Sold my crv Saturday and also screwed up the zephyr with a Chinese intake. Turned that into a win by spending half of what the crv sold for on a rust free 94 town and country and it's an awesome cruiser. 

1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N8YVhyx9qK62KzxtliFLnlfT7aUcpZPtHd3rWY6PZVYZ01kOFf5xBvnY21IWe94L