1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 ... 292
Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/4/21 12:00 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

I may have a date Sunday afternoon 

I did, and it went pretty well.  She didn't want to go anywhere nice because I can't eat yet so we spent the afternoon sitting on the beach talking. It was perfect weather for it and we had a really good time. Our schedules are both a mess right now but we plan 9n getting together again soon. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/4/21 7:22 a.m.

My covid test came back negative! Yay, now to rid myself of the associated pneumonia. 

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro SuperDork
10/4/21 11:31 a.m.

Just realized I finally graduated to SuperDork. Ya! Now back to regularly scheduled stuff.

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/8/21 10:52 a.m.

The check from Vroom was just delivered. It is for every last cent of the price they quoted me, minus the loan payoff amount. They gave me $5k more than I paid for the truck in 2019. It's a nice chunk of change and will allow me to but a healthy down payment on a new 2022 Ford Maverick.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/8/21 4:57 p.m.

I just signed the papers. (I say "signed" and "papers" like it wasn't some flicking of my finger over my cellphone on some digitized documents...) to refi my house. They told me my credit score averaged over 800. I had no idea. I still assumed it was somewhere below 700! Is this what being an adult is? Getting excited about a good credit score?

wae
wae UberDork
10/8/21 8:03 p.m.

Alternator died on my B.U.T.T. tonight.

It happened while I was at the parts store.

They had a reman alternator in stock.

I had enough battery to get it back to the shop.

The car that was in the shop isn't broken, so I could get it out of the way without any drama.

It took me 25 minutes to have it swapped out and now everything is hunky-dory.

Yeah, I know, reman parts store alternators are garbage.  But it's not like I can wait around for the motor shop down the street to rebuild it for me, so here we are.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/8/21 8:08 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Go Wally!

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
10/8/21 10:26 p.m.
iansane said:

I just signed the papers. (I say "signed" and "papers" like it wasn't some flicking of my finger over my cellphone on some digitized documents...) to refi my house. They told me my credit score averaged over 800. I had no idea. I still assumed it was somewhere below 700! Is this what being an adult is? Getting excited about a good credit score?

Wait until you find yourself at a party, beer in hand, having a deeply engrossing conversation about investments. Or 529 plans. I would say getting old sucks, but I'm having a blast! Let's talk about Vanguard some more! Ohhh yeah, investor owned, that's the ssssstufffffff.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
10/9/21 5:48 p.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/11/21 9:04 a.m.

Some two and a half years ago over New Year's break while the cabin was in the process of being built, we decided on a whim to fill up and use the hot tub that I'd bought and fixed up to take out to the cabin. I had already gotten the electrical setup to be able to run it so I could test things out after repairing it, and though it was about 2/3 sitting on the back lawn with the other third onto the driveway to the side of the garage, it was reasonably level and evenly supported. Eventually we would find that original hot tub was too large and heavy to be wise to try and get up the hill and onto the cabin's deck, so a smaller, lighter one was bought and placed there and the original one was kept to have one here at home- but it remained sitting propped up on wood blocks partway into the driveway, with its ground fault breaker box screwed onto a pallet leaned up against the side of the house. 

Over the last week and a half, I finally bit the bullet and got off my lazy butt and dub out, leveled, and filled the pad where the hot tub was intended to go with gravel, ran the wiring for it through conduit like it is supposed to be done and actually screwed the breaker box to the side of the house, and- with a lot of help from KYAllroad/Jeremy, EastSideTim, and wae I was able to get the hot tub moved into place where it should remain until we move out from this house sometime down the line.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/11/21 9:07 a.m.
secretariata (Forum Supporter) said:

Go Wally!

False alarm, she's having some second thoughts. I assume she's realized she can do much better.  

Sorry, bud.  Keep slogging, though.  You can do much better than her, too.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
10/11/21 5:38 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Probably not, this one didn't even wet herself 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/11/21 5:46 p.m.
secretariata (Forum Supporter) said:

Go Wally!

False alarm, she's having some second thoughts. I assume she's realized she can do much better.  

I find it impossible to downvote this as much as I'd like.... roughly 47 million downvotes.

If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. When it is right it'll be magical.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/21 6:35 p.m.

There are approximately Zero more vehicles here today than there were yesterday, but at least I power washed the trailer and fixed the lights. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
10/11/21 6:51 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

I got an official "It's not you it's me text a few minutes ago". It was fun while it lasted. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/21 6:55 p.m.

She's right...it's totally her. 

If it's any consolation, I don't think that any of the rest of us are dating her either. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/11/21 9:29 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Incontinence only becomes sexy once your over 80.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/12/21 8:32 a.m.

Hey, at least you're getting a date out of them. I can't get anyone to talk to me for more than 48 hours.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/12/21 8:45 a.m.

Duke said:

You can do much better than her, too.

Dude, some time in the future when you really need it, come back and re-read your response above, and remember that your spirit is berking indomitable.

wae
wae UberDork
10/13/21 3:09 p.m.

Got Pfizer shot #3 this morning!

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/13/21 3:45 p.m.

Whoohoo, I"m getting special prototype racecar parts for the Miata

Wally (Forum Supporter)
10/13/21 4:15 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

That's generally what happens. This was the fifth one to actually go out and the only one without a glaring issue. We spoke for a few months and she checked pretty much every box. In person she just didn't feel the same as she did talking. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
10/13/21 4:20 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I was being fairly serious. It didn't work out the way either of us were hoping but on paper we were both what the other was looking for. This was the second time we went out about six months apart in case feelings changed but they didn't. We'll probably stay friends and maybe try again next year when we're tired of talking to our dogs. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/21 4:25 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

She's right...it's totally her. 

If it's any consolation, I don't think that any of the rest of us are dating her either. 

Define "dating"

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
10/13/21 5:40 p.m.

Today I made my first money, $40, from a free business I started in my free time.  Met 2 interesting people who are willing to give me inventory and 1 interesting person who is willing to buy from me.  Now my goal is to make all the numbers in this post go up. 

1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P44AFAarbK062auegk9snqUWqcFgTZtqFWSyJ2wM1ojvHFrenDZm0wCARaL5XmOH