1 2 3 4 ... 292
wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/18/16 10:06 p.m.

I had a bleed screw, and also a bolt broken off in brake parts. Center drilled, PB blasted, easy out til the fear, no good. Today, break easy out, weld 3 nuts on in succesion, no luck. Finally, torch until red, Magic. They are both out.

And this is mt 1000th post. Also, dinner with 3 beautiful teachers (read : lively, intelligent conversation), my special lady friend paid. Better quit while I'm ahead.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
2/18/16 10:15 p.m.

I am in Dallas/Fort Worth area for work and yesterday ate the Best brisket I've ever eaten.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
2/19/16 6:49 a.m.

It's fun car Friday. And the elky is participating.

I also should have the afternoon to myself.

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
2/19/16 7:54 a.m.

Today is a good day. No e-mails/Voicemails waiting for me at work and my boss brought us all breakfast tacos.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/19/16 8:01 a.m.

Mine happened Wednesday and yesterday wasn't bad either.

Wednesday - visited White House, went to graduation ceremony at work (means I am an official in like a fat tick government bureaucrat now :) ), early voted and signed up to be an election officer on Super Tuesday.

Thursday - Went to be part of the city environmental council and had a good meeting and went drinking with my old mans club last night.

Today - Didn't oversleep from hangover, made it to work with out throwing up on bus, found out my Mom is going to be on CBS Sports for a thing about veterans using sports as therapy.

Pretty good few days.

dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
2/19/16 11:41 a.m.

The rear tank on my truck works and doesnt leak! Im still changing the front tank tomorrow but its nice to be able too move it.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
2/19/16 11:47 a.m.

Bonus season was NICE this year. Like really really really nice. Wife also got a huge raise and I did not do so bad as well.

Also a car I was interested in failed inspection. That was the best 400$ I have ever spent in my life. Saved me a 30K repair headache. Seller is not so happy though.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/16 12:17 p.m.

Woke up with a bad headache and a majorly stiff neck. Some tylenol and stretching and I'm back to "normal" (i.e. still grouchy and blah)

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
2/19/16 1:08 p.m.

Got the injector leaks fixed! Unfortunately I sprung two new ones, but that was at 120psi.....

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
2/19/16 1:55 p.m.

Last year on this date it was -6 degrees out, today it's 66!!!! I'll be driving home in the Miata with the top DOWN!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/19/16 2:07 p.m.

Sold the E12 for (marginally) more than I had into it.

Picking up an E36 ///M tomorrow morning for less than that amount.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
2/19/16 4:06 p.m.

I set myself on fire and did not get burned!

Watch those grinder sparks people. Overalls are good.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/19/16 8:28 p.m.

Last fall I changed the steering column in my 2000 Firebird. The used column I bought included a grungy leather wheel, I've been wanting a leather wheel for some time but it looked too nasty to use. A couple of weeks ago it was still sitting on the bench and I was bored. Went at it with plain old soap and water and the thing cleaned up pretty good! Gave the buttons a quick spray of black paint and mounted it up! So much better than the old (and deteriorating) vinyl one.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
2/19/16 10:38 p.m.

Finished transcribing all the parts for Baker Street and Turn the Page so we can give them a shot at band practice on Sunday. It doesn't get a whole lot better than that for a sax player.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
2/20/16 2:14 a.m.

Have ants, little black ones, that won't touch TERRO like normal, turns out some like grease instead of sugar. They're swarming the bacon grease I mixed with a bunch of borax, that should solve the problem.

EDIT: They took all of it, I put more down and now they're coming back for it, win.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/20/16 4:47 a.m.

In reply to BrokenYugo:

In SE MI you have any activity in February? They must be living inside heated space. Weird. Kill em all!

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/20/16 6:56 a.m.

Though it doesn't change my short or long term prognosis, I woke up with feeling in my right arm and hand today for the first time in 3 weeks. That CAN'T be a bad thing. Guess who's going for an extended drive today! I might head to the beach. (I'm cautiously optimistic that this is a potential major win, even if it doesn't turn out to be I'll enjoy and embrace a final goodbye to a semi normal level of function, still no lifting of anything or rotating of the arm allowed).

bustedplug
bustedplug New Reader
2/20/16 9:36 a.m.

In reply to Jim Pettengill

Morphine is also pretty good for sax players.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/20/16 12:44 p.m.
bustedplug wrote: In reply to Jim Pettengill Morphine is also pretty good for sax players.

Absolutely. Dana Colley is pretty awesome. Lots of feeling without requiring pyrotechnics. I saw him play 2 saxes at the same time.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/20/16 12:44 p.m.

bustedplug wrote: In reply to Jim Pettengill Morphine is also pretty good for sax players.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/20/16 12:47 p.m.

Food processor wasn't working - wouldn't fit together right and the interlock was preventing it from running. I figured I couldn't make it work any less. Took it apart, cleaned it up, lubricated it with some mineral oil, and saved myself $199.

bustedplug
bustedplug New Reader
2/20/16 1:36 p.m.

for clarification https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ek6jL4zF4c

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer SuperDork
2/20/16 1:40 p.m.

I got the brakes done on the SAAB. Torque on the caliper bolts is 155ft/lb.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
2/20/16 1:48 p.m.

It is 60 degrees out today here in PA, got some new disc golf discs in the mail this week, wife is out so I'm screwing around throwing in the field by my house. I could get used to this.

lateapexer
lateapexer New Reader
2/20/16 3:35 p.m.

It's 50 degrees Celsius warmer this Saturday than last Saturday. That is all I need no more.

1 2 3 4 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LOmPh10LiPUeqxFFCo91dEylJg7pT9UiVOk3j0MWPkHTJdH6r8EaUmUUwwfFmf4S