1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 ... 292
chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/11/22 7:36 a.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

My wife and I are engineers, but (generally) live like we have 1 income. With our company's unexpectedly good bonus this year, we will be able to pay off what has amounted to 50k in high-interest student loans in under 4 years. We will get an absolutely massive "raise" on our household finances from this, and after 4 years of focusing on it that feels good. It also means less of our individual money will go to "our" causes, which means more budget for the fun stuff :)

That's a major win!

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
2/11/22 10:42 a.m.

This is a huge win! 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/11/22 11:45 a.m.

Joining a new D&D group.

Met up with the folks for drinks last night to meet up and be sure we're all likely to like each other. Seems like this group is going to be a good fit for me. I'm looking forward to getting to go through a campaign as a player. I'm used to being the forever-GM of my regular group.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
2/11/22 3:10 p.m.

The taco truck stopped by work today. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/22 3:17 p.m.

15 year old Grand Caravan with a bad steering angle sensor.  Alldata says Chrysler says it is part of the clockspring and serviced as an assembly with the turn signal switch.

Call up the Mopar dealer and it is only available as a steering column assembly, $2000 or so.

Standard offers one, just the clockspring, no turn signal switch or anything.  I open the box.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
2/11/22 3:24 p.m.

My Dad is in the hospital with a list of stuff, but the doctor expects him to go home to Mom on Monday with his lungs cleared of fluid and his kidney function much improved. That's good news, but the real news is he turns 94 tomorrow and in these times it's nice for me to be able to still phone my Mom and Dad ,at my age , just to have a chat. It's the little gifts that count the most sometimes.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/11/22 9:45 p.m.

I had a successful test session with the Formula Ford today.  No more unidentified oil leaks and the custom ignition system I designed and built worked great.  Plus it was beautiful weather and it felt good just to be at the track.

imgon
imgon HalfDork
2/12/22 3:01 p.m.

After searching since early December I have finally located someone to help with my engine rebuild. Now hopefully he is correct about his turn around time and I'll be back on the track in April. Looks promising and it has been a gorgeous day here. Can't ask for much more. Hope everyone else is having a good day. And I got my music off my Ipod and onto a thumbdrive the other day finally!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/12/22 5:35 p.m.

Sump pump quit pumping. Not the win.

Jiggling the pipe made it start. Also not the win.

Pump didn't shut off. Again, not the win.

Investigation revealed that the pipe orientation allowed the pump to rotate slightly, putting the float in contact with the wall of the pit.

Loosen coupler, rotate pump so float is away from pit wall, tighten coupler, test. Float rises, switch switches, pump starts, water level drops, float drops, pump shuts off. Cost of repair: $free-fiddy. *That* is the win.

Got the failed alternator and dead brake light switch replaced on the Tahoe.

That has got to be the easiest alternator change I've ever performed. It seriously took me more time to change the brake light switch than the alternator.

Replacing the brake light switch restored the cruise control.

Also got the Go Rhino push bar installed. Looks killer! Looks like a proper PPV now.

Saron81
Saron81 Dork
2/14/22 3:10 p.m.

Today is my work anniversary. Start my 18th year here tomorrow. Have a nice promotion starting in 2 weeks. Maybe it's finally paying off, lol. 

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/14/22 4:25 p.m.

I found the bolt carrier group I misplaced 6 months or more ago.  

Now my mutt rifle can continue being assembled.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/14/22 8:09 p.m.

The Super Bowl halftime show is even more awesome with the ASL (Sign language) interpreters:

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/15/22 1:01 p.m.

My wife has managed two Girl Scout troops for about ten years.

For some reason the cookie sales were totally crazy this year...we're basically sold out after just two booth events and a few door-to-door rounds.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/15/22 1:23 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

As a former Girl Scout troop leader myself, I congratulate her/you on the success and I don't miss those days one bit.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/15/22 1:49 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Thank you Duke.

I honestly don't mind doing it at all...I like wholesome Americana stuff and I like meeting people and I like getting a little exercise.

However, I'm a process engineer and the system used to get the cases of cookies from an 18 wheeler into the Troop leaders cars was a cluster berk of epic proportions.  I was able to educate my wife on Pull Systems, Super Markets, Kan Bans, Spaghetti Diagraming, Standard Work, Line Balancing, and some other things but she didn't seem to be super interested. cheeky  

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
2/15/22 2:55 p.m.

We got a 3D render and a photo of the new kitchen today. Things are finally moving forward on the house since the fire in June. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/15/22 3:21 p.m.
Beer Baron said:

The Super Bowl halftime show is even more awesome with the ASL (Sign language) interpreters:

https://youtu.be/UN-zwLbVmLI don't know how to hotlink- buy the illustrious Ben put me on this video many years ago. Wu-tang content ahead. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/16/22 9:47 a.m.

No more problem teeth, for now.

$500, 3 weeks of waiting between appointments, and now I got a mouth full of bloody gauze and three less molars. 

Major win. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/16/22 10:24 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Put them under your pillow tonight.  Maybe the tool fairy will leave you a set of wrenchs.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
2/16/22 10:24 a.m.

Two weeks down, 4-6 more to go. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/16/22 10:39 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Click the icon on the upper bar of the window that looks like a linked chainhttps://youtu.be/UN-zwLbVmL

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/16/22 10:46 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to RevRico :

Put them under your pillow tonight.  Maybe the tool fairy will leave you a set of wrenchs.

They couldn't save them this time. Again.  Through the years I've had 4 wisdom teeth and now 4 bottom molars removed. Of those 8, only 2 came out in tact. 

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
2/16/22 1:47 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Were you awake for the process?

It was quite surreal to watch the surgeon stick a chisel in my mouth and begin hitting with a hammer and not feel anything but the movement of my head. All of my wisdom teeth came out in pieces.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/16/22 4:14 p.m.

In reply to Chesterfield :

That sound. The klacking of the dentistry pliers on teeth. It is the worst. You feel-hear it. 

1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X425YgdR886BE2j1ZvOhwkDRgoEe5ZZ5eAbYcUv8GQlWJ7Yt95VBV70kdIaPBM26