1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 ... 291
Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
4/5/22 7:57 p.m.

Here's what $100 worth of secondhand Razor dirt bikes look like. Bought the one in the back for $40 last year and it has taken me down a rabbit hole of modifying  it to go 30mph. 

cfvwtuner
cfvwtuner Reader
4/6/22 7:51 a.m.

It's not much, but went to the FCP Euro cars and coffee event at LRP on Sunday.  After a nice ride up including the covered bridge, and a dry morning, FCP posted their official gallery of the event and they took multiple pictures of my car.  It's kinda easy to spot because it has the old BMX on the roof.  

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
4/6/22 10:16 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Electric?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/6/22 10:39 a.m.

Getting an extra bonus due to our great year at work.

Scotty Con Queso
4/6/22 12:13 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Electric?

Boogy woogy woogy. Sorry, couldn't resist. 

Yep these are electric and an absolute blast to ride in residential neighborhoods. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
4/6/22 3:48 p.m.

My Twitch journey is doing well. I am at almost 40 followers and my viewing average is at 2.6 per hours. 

And i have come to be a part of a wonderful and supportive community that I love being apart of. Not bad for just playing MineCraft on an aging PC.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/7/22 8:35 a.m.

There was concerns that there might be Zonolite in the ceiling of the house I bought. There is not.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/7/22 8:55 a.m.
DjGreggieP said:

My Twitch journey is doing well. I am at almost 40 followers and my viewing average is at 2.6 per hours. 

And i have come to be a part of a wonderful and supportive community that I love being apart of. Not bad for just playing MineCraft on an aging PC.

Do you have this documented somewhere? I've considered doing it for some additional income, or something to do- and I'm curious what others experiences are. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
4/7/22 12:51 p.m.
Mndsm said:
DjGreggieP said:

Do you have this documented somewhere? I've considered doing it for some additional income, or something to do- and I'm curious what others experiences are. 

I haven't really been documenting it because it really started as a 'Well, I'd be playing anyways, and I've wanted to try it so here goes', but I have learned a few things.

To reach affiliate (monetization eligibility) you need 50 followers and a viewing average of 3/hr, which can be as hard or as easy as you make it. 

Networking and making friends makes a huge difference, stop in to streams of things that interest you / games you play, and hang out in chat and get to know some of the regulars, make friends, follow the vibe of the stream and chat and be yourself. 

Do what makes you happy, play the games that you really enjoy and your excitement and vibe will rub off on the community you create. Be comfortable and be yourself!

As awkward as it feels, talk to yourself like you have a room of people listening to you, because you might. I have a deaf guy that watches me with subtitles so he enjoys knowing whats going on as well. 

Have music low in the background if whatever you are doing doesn't have music, it helps make it a relaxing place. I have subscriptions to Monstercat and Artlist for music (pre existing prior to streaming) but there is a twitch friendly music player called Pretzel Rocks that is free-ish with a lot of music genres to chose from, it does have a subscription option as well that looks to allow you a few extras feature but I haven't checked too much into that myself but lots of streamers use it.

Treat your chat to similar to the board here and keep some topics out of chat, obviously it will be dependent on your content as well, but viewers are watching for entertainment to get away from other things, so kepe that in mind. 

Get used to discord (I'm still learning this) as it really is the centric hub of activity to meet new people and make new friends and grow a community, and make one specifically for your content to help grow a community to join you. 

I stream without a camera, with plans to possibly get one in the future but it's not a requirement to start. 

There are things like stream elements and chat bots as well to add but not a requirement off the start, I just recently added them. 

Don't be scared to 'raid out' when finishing your streams. Raiding is taking your viewers to another stream and introducing them around to new content. Even a raid of 1 is a raid! And *most* streamers will appreciate you bringing in new people to them and will shout you out to their viewers, and will remember you and possibly make you a raid target in the future.

Tl;dr sums up basically as:

Be yourself. Have fun. Don't be a d!ck. Make some friends. Start with what you have and grow from there. Hope to see you out there!

Growth, Love and Positivity! 

Scored a new, never installed, driver rear door panel for my Tahoe PPV for $150 shipped. The PO included a passenger rear panel as this was a K9 unit and had no rear interior.

Sure beats $400+ the dealers wanted!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/7/22 3:09 p.m.

In reply to DjGreggieP :

Thanks for that. 

I agree, I have no idea what to do with discord. I was fairly adept at learning all the way up to reddit, but discord...I can't figure it out. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
4/7/22 5:13 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Honestly, using it isn't too bad. Creating a channel for a community has me baffled. As for streaming, try it. Even if you don't like it after trying it it cost you nothing. I use the Twitch app on my PC to stream with and its really easy to use. 

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/7/22 6:49 p.m.

With this post... official Dork!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
4/7/22 10:07 p.m.

With this evenings wrenchings both the Zoomboni and the turbo Miata are running again.  Yay!!

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
4/9/22 3:33 p.m.

Took the kids on their first camping trip. Little bro tagged along and helped entertain them. Also it was good to be able to let the dog off the leash and just be a dog. Little spot on state forest land. 

possibly on the rough side for the 5, but it handled it like a champ. Home now. Need shower. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/22 9:29 p.m.

Test

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/22 9:30 p.m.

In reply to logdog :

Test

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
4/9/22 9:35 p.m.

Test 

wae
wae PowerDork
4/11/22 5:07 p.m.

I finally got a bottle for my welder.  I can't believe how much easier that is to put down a decent bead compared to flux core!

Scotty Con Queso
4/11/22 7:51 p.m.

The minor win thread works again! 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
4/11/22 10:38 p.m.

185 freaking pounds and 11%BF with todays check in.  Bench is back to where it was, dead lift is up, leg press is back to 5 plates for reps easy as it was. Joints are not back to where they should be and accessory muscles are not the best but not terrible. 

Its not the 192 and 8% I was at the start of Covid, but its not the 168 and even lower that I was after the car accident but its something, its' progress. Now if my brain would just get back on track, berkeleying new drugs have me completely rattled.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/11/22 11:47 p.m.

I didn't stab anybody today!

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/12/22 12:07 a.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

I didn't stab anybody today!

I also had one of these days.

Many deserved it, a few asked for it and still others were leaning towards being in the must-be-stabbed column but.....I did not.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/12/22 10:31 a.m.

Mmm taco bell breakfast, it's been far too long.

Say what you want about the place, they've got breakfast figured out, as far as drive thru that isn't a Carl's Jr. For less than the cost of one meal at Cracker Barrel, fed both of us and I have lunch leftover. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/13/22 9:22 a.m.
RevRico said:

Mmm taco bell breakfast, it's been far too long.

Say what you want about the place, they've got breakfast figured out, as far as drive thru that isn't a Carl's Jr. For less than the cost of one meal at Cracker Barrel, fed both of us and I have lunch leftover. 

Just don't get Cinnabon/cinnamon bites... while their cinnamon twists are tasty the breakfast bites tasted like plastic & chemicals... 

1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iPOYg7CCZhZQ4JM4xkJ19GSJ2d3esie5JnTivGrCsDW39RELXaQQOmYrnkVtE8nj