1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 ... 292
Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/9/22 1:41 p.m.

I think the only show I've seen wrap up with the crowd this hyped was Flogging Molly. The only reason I was maybe less pumped is because I was occasionally just in awe of the incredible musical performance.

Antihero said:

The Haunt had zero energy when we saw them, very flat. I'm admittedly not a fan of the sort of alt rock/pop punk/whatever they play either. I kinda felt bad for them because the crowd was definitely not into them at all 2 of the 3 nights, like......900 of 1000 people just kinda stared at them, it really isn't a great matchup for The Hu's music although I'm not sure what is

I enjoyed it. The crowd seemed to be enjoying them. I went in with zero expectations. They felt like a local act who was never going to make it big jut busting out and enjoying the ride while it lasted.

I think they did a solid job working the crowd. It's clearly their first tour. I'm guessing they've learned a lot that they're starting to put into practice.

I liked the vocal blending of the lead singer and guitarist. Since they're siblings, their voices blended really well, which made for an interesting effect with a male and female voice that tight together.

I'm not normally into pop-punk. They felt a bit more throwback goth-punk though. Like they spent their time watching 'The Craft'.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/9/22 1:47 p.m.

Had a chance to gift this set of GearWrench tools I'd won as a door prize at a car cruise to my nephew with the Toyota 86. 

He was more than pleased!  All he currently has is a little pouch set for his bike.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/9/22 5:14 p.m.
Beer Baron said:

I think the only show I've seen wrap up with the crowd this hyped was Flogging Molly. The only reason I was maybe less pumped is because I was occasionally just in awe of the incredible musical performance.

Antihero said:

The Haunt had zero energy when we saw them, very flat. I'm admittedly not a fan of the sort of alt rock/pop punk/whatever they play either. I kinda felt bad for them because the crowd was definitely not into them at all 2 of the 3 nights, like......900 of 1000 people just kinda stared at them, it really isn't a great matchup for The Hu's music although I'm not sure what is

I enjoyed it. The crowd seemed to be enjoying them. I went in with zero expectations. They felt like a local act who was never going to make it big jut busting out and enjoying the ride while it lasted.

I think they did a solid job working the crowd. It's clearly their first tour. I'm guessing they've learned a lot that they're starting to put into practice.

I liked the vocal blending of the lead singer and guitarist. Since they're siblings, their voices blended really well, which made for an interesting effect with a male and female voice that tight together.

I'm not normally into pop-punk. They felt a bit more throwback goth-punk though. Like they spent their time watching 'The Craft'.

The Hu are definitely impressive, I tell everyone they have to see them because they really aren't any real definable genres there.

According the The Haunt this is their second tour with The Hu so it's at least their second tour. I think people have a hell of a time figuring out a band to play with them, the first time I saw them they played with Baby Metal, which also isn't a great match

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/10/22 12:10 p.m.

full on 13lb pork belly. I win today.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/10/22 8:52 p.m.
RevRico said:

full on 13lb pork belly. I win today.

I'll admit I was a little taken aback the first time I received a slab of bacon and it had teats on it!

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/11/22 12:58 p.m.

Had a meeting with a family counselor yesterday concerning extended family. TDLR: No I'm Not The shiny happy person.   ;^)

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/22 3:32 p.m.

Going to see The Hu here before too long. Given the reviews so far, I'm glad I decided to go. I've never seen them, don't know much about them, but they seemed different enough that I figured "What the hell, it'll be a new experience."

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/13/22 12:07 p.m.

Lookee what they got me at work

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/13/22 12:35 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/13/22 12:53 p.m.
Peabody said:

Lookee what they got me at work

Plus this.

wae
wae PowerDork
5/13/22 5:14 p.m.

For mothers' day, my wife wanted to have the piano tuned.  The gentleman came today and did so.  It was pretty far out of whack and it sounds amazing now.  My eldest daughter has decided to find YouTube videos to try to learn how to play and I'm enjoying the sound!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/13/22 5:15 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Peabody :

It gives me joy that everyone seems to understand what "Austin Powers" as a verb means, without explanation.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
5/15/22 10:46 p.m.

Finally got a few hours in the garage tonight, got a lot of straightening up done, pulled all the good parts out of my 2md Datsun door so I can scrap it, and fixed some metal on the Courier. It's just puttering, but it's intentional and forward progress and more than I've done in a few weeks.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
5/15/22 11:48 p.m.

Omg I've had a vending machine project for the kids school that has been clogging up my brain and shop for months and it's ready to drop off. I don't know why I drug my feet on it so long but it's DONE. Life is good. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/16/22 5:45 p.m.

I got a free grandfather clock. When I bought my house, the son of the women I bought the house from said that his cousin wanted the grandfather clock, because the wood was to construct it was harvested from their grandfather's farm that the cousin now owns. So I was asked if I could hold onto it until spring when the cousin would come pick it up. Today I got a text saying "My cousin has decided not to come get the clock. It is yours to do what you want with."

Folgers
Folgers New Reader
5/16/22 6:29 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Remember to check the water levels!

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/17/22 9:38 a.m.

Over the weekend I discovered probably the most useful thing to date that I can print with my 3D printer: additional shelf brackets for my IKEA Detolf display cases. With less than a dollar's worth of filament and the glass from a $4 11x14 Walmart picture frame I can add an additional shelf to my display cases which will help a lot in alleviating some of my space shortage for LEGO kits and the likes. The first one I installed allowed me to combine most of my BTTF/DeLorean stuff that used to take up half of the case into just one shelf's worth of volume.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
5/17/22 9:53 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

That is actually pretty cool. I listen to them on the tube a bit. Where are they going to be?

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
5/17/22 10:28 a.m.

I brought the MR2 Spyder out of its winter hibernation yesterday; that was an amazing drive in to work this morning.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/19/22 9:28 a.m.

DD#2 left her 2006 Impala at our house for a couple weeks while she packs and moves.

It's a grampa-spec 3500.  We bought it 5 years ago with a little under 50k on the clock.  Now it's got a little under 75k on it, and it still runs like a top, and everything works fine.  I drove it to work today because I'm getting the transmission fluid changed as preventive maintenance.

It's still smooth, quiet, straight, and comfortable.  Not nearly as clean as it was, but it will serve for at least another 5 years.

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
5/19/22 9:45 a.m.

My new Civic track car is all done except for safety gear.  Good enough to register and drive around and sort and for HPDE.  Before a race it still needs a cage, fire system, and cool shirt system, but that is two weekends, nice to have all the other work done.  

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
5/19/22 11:13 a.m.

In reply to Sonic :

Hey, congrats on the overall win at PittRace the other day, there's a not so minor win for you!

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/19/22 1:58 p.m.
matthewmcl said:

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

That is actually pretty cool. I listen to them on the tube a bit. Where are they going to be?

Tomorrow!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/19/22 3:33 p.m.

The griddle didn't try to blow me up today!

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
5/19/22 4:06 p.m.

Buddy came over to work on his car in my garage.  He got his project fixed while I installed new rear shocks in my Mustang, helping each other out along the way.  We made bomber tacos for dinner and had some beers.  A great evening.  

1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l2RPv6e6m4bNrPPOKtATqCw9UA7IH2sBpbwymqNFJkX59gNxgVmSXf9DM12dZTkq